Jets all over Vick

F.Chowds

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the great thing about sports and other forms of entertainment is it provides an escape from the real world. not knocking your morality, but to me this is like not enjoying a movie because one of the actors is a POS in real life.

Fair comparison.

I never said I'd stop being a fan. I said I'm tired of being embarrassed by this ******* team, and in this case it's over something more than just stupid football being stupid. I'd rather root for my wife to be excited about the Colts, than root for Mike Vick to supplant Joe Namath as a hero to the next generation of Jets fans.

Sorry. 

If we end up with Vick. I'll be just as happy rooting for a 4 win season and rooting for a coaching staff clean sweep as I have been the past 4 years.

The reason I find this hard to believe is that there's supposedly a renewed emphasis on character from Idzik.  If he signs an absolute steaming pile of sh*t of a human being like Mike Vick, then why bother talking about character? 

I think what Vick did is terrible.  But he did pay a big price for it.  

My # 1 goal is to watch the Jets win the Super Bowl.  If Vick can help that, I am alright with it.

you are loving this aren't you? vick would generate more postcount than the JN/JI merger hoax.

My # 1 goal is to watch the Jets win the Super Bowl.  If Vick can help that, I am alright with it.

He returned to the NFL and got a $100M contract.  He can go f*** himself.

Not to mention, in no way will he help the Jets win a title.  He'll just be another Tebow-esque distraction.

It doesn't matter, Ape. I don't believe you anyway.

tybeem.jpg

^^^ More important to me than the Jets.

Like I said. I never claimed I'd stop being a Jet fan. I just won't be rooting for us to win... another season of cheering on a debacle. I'm used to it.

One year of completion % over 60% and that was three years ago. Can't stay healthy. QB based on speed and losing his legs. He can't help the Jets get to the Super Bowl because he can't play them there or buy enough tickets because he's broke.

The reason I find this hard to believe is that there's supposedly a renewed emphasis on character from Idzik.  If he signs an absolute steaming pile of sh*t of a human being like Mike Vick, then why bother talking about character? 

Goodson.

There is not a bigger animal (and especially, dog) lover than me. One look at my facebook or instagram posts will show you that. I post more pics of my dogs than myself. Am I just too easy to forgive? Or too big a Jet fan?

All I can say is that I'm not going anywhere if they sign him.

We all rationalize things differently.

you are loving this aren't you? vick would generate more postcount than the JN/JI merger hoax.

Not going to lie, he would be good for post counts.  

I just want them to win though, if they bring Vick in hopefully Geno beats him out and Vick is nothing more than a backup.

I'd rather keep hoping for another SB, than put Vick in the same class as Broadway Joe.

This.  Dude's done his time and paid the fines.

Fair comparison.

I never said I'd stop being a fan. I said I'm tired of being embarrassed by this ******* team, and in this case it's over something more than just stupid football being stupid. I'd rather root for my wife to be excited about the Colts, than root for Mike Vick to supplant Joe Namath as a hero to the next generation of Jets fans.

Sorry. 

If we end up with Vick. I'll be just as happy rooting for a 4 win season and rooting for a coaching staff clean sweep as I have been the past 4 years.

hey everyone has to be able to sleep at night--you should probably boycott all companies that hire felons, as well.

Most airlines, rental car companies, wireless providers, cable providers, hotels, mobile device manufacturers (including Apple), television makers are on the list. so the good news is you won't be able to get to a jets game or watch it anyway!

One year of completion % over 60% and that was three years ago. Can't stay healthy. QB based on speed and losing his legs. He can't help the Jets get to the Super Bowl because he can't play them there or buy enough tickets because he's broke.

I am not a huge fan of Vick as a QB.  He is a better backup than what they have now.  But I would prefer McCown who is someone who could actually start and has a shot of doing well over a full season.

I highly encourage everyone on this  board to post on the Jets website:   http://www.newyorkjets.com/footer/contact-us.html

If we send enough messages they WILL take notice.  

Dear NY Jets (specifically Mr Johnson and Mr. Idzik),

I've been a loyal Jet fan for my entire life.   When my son was born his first outfit was a Jets onesy.   I've stuck with this team through 3 decades of disappointment.   I've stood by the Jets for coach after failed coach - from Walton to Coslet to Kotite.    I've stood by the Jets as lost season turned into lost decades.    

I will always stand by the Jets; however, if the Jets sign the miserable scumbag Michael Vick I will no longer support this franchise.   Losing I can take, inhumane dog killing, herpes spreading thugs I cannot.   

Sincerely,

To be honest I hate dogs, always have always will.  with that said I dont want the piece of crap on the Jets because it would make us a joke again

Oh, that and he sucks

Vicks just another player at this point....no one really cares enough to make a big deal out of him going wherever.

I get that what he did was deplorable but this over the top outrage always puzzles me.

If we signed Dontae Stallworth no one would say anything..  and he ran over a human being while driving drunk and got no jail time.

Vick was the product of his environment and made stupid mistakes.  He paid dearly for those mistakes.  He's seemingly rehabilitated himself into a model citizen.

Sign him.

I am not a huge fan of Vick as a QB.  He is a better backup than what they have now.  But I would prefer McCown who is someone who could actually start and has a shot of doing well over a full season.

You don't sign a name like Vick to be the back-up. His ego wouldn't allow that.

I get that what he did was deplorable but this over the top outrage always puzzles me.

If we signed Dontae Stallworth no one would say anything..  and he ran over a human being while driving drunk and got no jail time.

Vick was the product of his environment and made stupid mistakes.  He paid dearly for those mistakes.  He's seemingly rehabilitated himself into a model citizen.

Sign him.

I just don't think he's that good anymore. How about them apples?

Archived