Eric Decker SIGNED - and other WR news as it hits

Integrity28

The Jets have agreed to terms with WR Eric Decker.

I'm told even if the New York Jets sign receiver Eric Decker in the coming days they will continue to pursue James Jones...

Pauline seems like a pretty legit source, so I like what I'm hearing. 

If our WR corps goes from what it was last year to Decker, Jones, Kerley, Hill, high round pick... I'll consider this a solid pre-season. Add to that Cumberland and maybe another TE and someone like MJD to complement Ivory and wow. Overhaul.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If our WR corps goes from what it was last year to Decker, Jones, Kerley, Hill, high round pick... I'll consider this a solid pre-season. Add to that Cumberland and maybe another TE and someone like MJD to complement Ivory and wow. Overhaul.

If Decker is all but inked...Jones to compliment would be awesome.

In fact, assuming they do land Decker...Id be happy with a Jones, Sanders, Smith, Nicks, Austin, Simpson type compliment.

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports the Jets will continue to pursue free agent James Jones even if they land Eric Decker.

The Jets are putting the full-court press on Decker as we speak. So at least they are aware they need two new starting wideouts, and plan to do something about it. Jones and Decker have both been touchdown-scoring receivers throughout their careers, though they've been playing with Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning, respectively. Their fantasy values would suffer in New York.

Please remove Hill from the equation. Thank you. 

Don't ruin the doomsday feel around here, its fun

TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports the Jets will continue to pursue free agent James Jones even if they land Eric Decker.

The Jets are putting the full-court press on Decker as we speak. So at least they are aware they need two new starting wideouts, and plan to do something about it. Jones and Decker have both been touchdown-scoring receivers throughout their careers, though they've been playing with Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning, respectively. Their fantasy values would suffer in New York.

Decker produced with Tebow.  And if you look at Jones #'s with Flynn passing, they're actually very solid.

Decker produced with Tebow.  And if you look at Jones #'s with Flynn passing, they're actually very solid.

Yeah, it's funny how they don't take into account that they were both third options on their teams. But it's a fantasy site, and I understand. I won't be drafting either of them next year.

Not keen on James Jones. He seems to have lost it. He dropped so many easy passes last year down the stretch and in the playoffs.  Me thinks he has seen better days.

I posted this in another thread.  Might the Jets be postponing a Decker announcement to begin working numbers with another receiver? If James Jones feels he's a comparable talent, and he has access to Decker's financials that would give him leverage in negotiations.  The Jets would be wise to ensure Decker becomes a Jet while not sabotaging their cap room to oblige other targets. 

I posted this in another thread.  Might the Jets be postponing a Decker announcement to begin working numbers with another receiver? If James Jones feels he's a comparable talent, and he has access to Decker's financials that would give him leverage in negotiations.  The Jets would be wise to ensure Decker becomes a Jet while not sabotaging their cap room to oblige other targets. 

Good point. 

Couldn't James Jones just say "what are you paying Decker" though? Regardless of whether it's made public, if he wants to know and they withhold or lie, he'd probably walk.

Today I've spent more time on Twitter than any other day ever, except for the day of the Boston Marathon bombings. I think my IQ has been cut in half... and it makes me feel sad/sick for my babies future. LOL

It was Orton that he was producing with. He did little with Tebow, as one would expect of anyone.

Well, yeah...but either way...he led the team in receptions the year it was Orton for 4 weeks and Tebow the rest...still caught 4 Td's from Tebow.

He had three dropped passes in 2013.  Three. 

This is like when everyone complained about WRs dropping Sanchez's passes, and then it turned out he was in the middle of the league.  Then, people explained that the drops of Jets WRs were more "critical" than others.

Today I've spent more time on Twitter than any other day ever, except for the day of the Boston Marathon bombings. I think my IQ has been cut in half... and it makes me feel sad/sick for my babies future. LOL

Yeah?  Go look at the responses to cosmos on twitter.

Well, yeah...but either way...he led the team in receptions the year it was Orton for 4 weeks and Tebow the rest...still caught 4 Td's from Tebow.

I'm still wait and see with him (other than his being an obvious upgrade to the Jets.) But even that Orton + Tebow season was year 2 of his career. Not generally a WR's career season.

This is like when everyone complained about WRs dropping Sanchez's passes, and then it turned out he was in the middle of the league.  Then, people explained that the drops of Jets WRs were more "critical" than others.

Oh geez, I remember that nonsense.  That was amongst the dumbest arguments ever made on this board, which is really saying something.

Archived