Eric Decker SIGNED - and other WR news as it hits

Integrity28

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is this Decker signing so significant? This isnt about #1 receiver jargon. Let me give you a stat that I just came across. 

Geno Smith completed 55% of his passes his rookie year. His best and most talented receiver was Jeremy Kerley. However, if you remove the numbers from the games that Kerley was out due to injury and you recalculate the percentages, Geno was a QB who completed 60% of his throws on the year.....with J.K. being his top target.

This is yet another reason why Idzik is making a smarter move than these "flash in the pan" Jet fans are giving him credit for. It isnt about #1 receivers, its about putting talent on the field for Geno Smith. Now having Decker will spread the opposing defense that much thinner. Idzik is bulding a football team and Decker is just the first piece. 

I cant wait to see what Morningwheig (I killed his name, I know. To lazy to spell check) does with the talent. 

Meanwhile, the secondary is the new track team as it chases the opposition from behind til the endzone.

Meanwhile, the secondary is the new track team as it chases the opposition from behind til the endzone.

Your statement above isnt false, your position that Idzik has basically done nothing with less than a week into free agency is. I'm waiting until the final 53 to make a loose comment and the end of his first full season to criticize. 

With that said, the moves...and non moves Idzik has made I approve of at this moment. 

Your statement above isnt false, your position that Idzik has basically done nothing with less than a week into free agency is. I'm waiting until the final 53 to make a loose comment and the end of his first full season to criticize. 

With that said, the moves...and non moves Idzik has made I approve of at this moment.

Problem is Idzik missed out on all the good free agents that could have helped this secondary and we are selecting from the scrap heap.

Exactly. In what, 11.5 games? Had that amount in the first 4 games with Orton to begin the season.

We'll see. Having not just Manning, but also Thomas being their #1 and drawing attention as such, plus Welker & Julius last year, clouds what he'd be without any of them.

Tebow probably completed 40 total in those games.

Problem is Idzik missed out on all the good free agents that could have helped this secondary and we are selecting from the scrap heap.

He couldn't sign every one of them, nor could any other team. I dont have a problem spending all of the cap, thats what its there for. Its how you spend the cap that it looks like Idzik is good at. Why give Austin Howard a 5 year 30 million dollar contract (6 million per) when you can give Giacomini a 4 year 18 million dollar contract (4.5 million per) that just came off being the starting RT for the champion seahawks. 

The problem isnt that Idzik is missing out on good free agents, the problem is that his signings havent been sexy. Thats fan problem. Also there are very good players still unsigned. We have a "top 4" cover corner in 2013 visiting the team RIGHT NOW. James Jones is still in play. Pettigrew (which Im not too sure about) is still in play. 

What im saying is this. Idzik is doing something that we're not used to. At minimum give the guy the opportunity to show you. I wanted Tate over Decker, why? Tate doesnt drop passes. Decker is an overall better WR than Tate?...sure. Bottomline, Idzik is upgrading while spending the money wisely. 

Archived