Eric Decker SIGNED - and other WR news as it hits

Integrity28

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And... Here it is:

Quick thought: Decker a good No. 2 WR. No Peyton, no Demaryius Thomas to help him out. Jets overpaid, but needed the upgrade. #Jets

He had to beat Manish to the punch.

If Tate is getting 6 mil / yr, then $7 for Decker is very reasonable. Tate has NEVER even gone over 1,000 yds if memory serves.. 

He produced with Kyle Orton.  He looked not terrible with Tim Tebow.  He'll do fine with Geno Smith or whoever our QB of the future is.

I think he will do fine as well, but without a true #1 he risks becoming a disappointment in the minds of the fans which is unfair to him since he is not a #1. We don't want Revis to be covering Decker. We want Decker to be open due to Revis covering the true #1. I guess we need to wait for the draft for the future super stars on offense, but Decker is probably the best choice of those available, all things considered.

If Tate is getting 6 mil / yr, then $7 for Decker is very reasonable. Tate has NEVER even gone over 1,000 yds if memory serves.. 

Pretty sure their guaranteed money is only a couple million apart as well. It's a very good signing and with the addition of someone like James Jones, it'll go a long way towards bolstering our offense.

Bah...formatting sucked.

Last year was his best season, 898 with 5 TDs.  The previous season was 688 with 7.  First two seasons not over 400 yards, not that that's shocking.

Get players around Geno & lets see what the youngin can do. Being a franchise QB doesn't happen overnight

Damien Woody says, "suck it, ozzie"

Hey gAyno, see how well your line of thinking worked with Sanchez. But Idzik is not Tanny and will pull the plug on your stuperstar by the end of draft day.  Garrrapolo will be throwing to Kerley, Decker, Cumberland and ?????

Tate's career best season last year compares quite favorably to Eric Decker's, um... Tebow/Orton year.  So that's... something.

Remember when we thought Clemens might actually be worth a damn after that game?

In truth, he probably got us as close as anyone to a win against the Ravens since at least Herm came to town.

I see you've blocked Quincy Carter and Lamont Jordan out of your memory.  Good decision.

Hey gAyno, see how well your line of thinking worked with Sanchez. But Idzik is not Tanny and will pull the plug on your stuperstar by the end of draft day.  Garrrapolo will be throwing to Kerley, Decker, Cumberland and ?????

I find it utterly fascinating how a grown, sober man acts as petulant as you do on a day to day basis. 

GAyno... I get it!

Well, you are making quite a few assumptions there...

We assume he's grown and sober?

He admitted in a previous thread that he's been sober 15 or 20 years, I forget the number. I find that part impressive and more kudos to him and anyone else who overcame the struggle.  However, the fact that he gets upset at someone making fun of dane cook, the burger king of stand up comedians and calling him butthurt, does have me rethinking his age.

That crossed my mind as I was typing that post, but I figured the complete epic meltdown that was that game rightfully disqualifies it from contention.

Honesty, all I remember from that game is Ed Reed picking off a Lamont Jordan pass in the endzone.

Lamont Jordan. Pass.  Endzone.

**** Herm.

Finally, something, anything finaaaaalllyyyy

Love this move, Decker was my favorite WR target. BTW so much for him wanting to get paid like a #1. Totally fair deal. I would have happily given him a little more even.

Are the Jets back to being the bestest, or do we need to lock down Jones and Munnerlyn first?

Archived