Eric Decker SIGNED - and other WR news as it hits

Integrity28

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now go lock up James Jones, draft Marqise Lee , OB Jr or Brandin Cooks and lets call it a day.

I think Cooks would be a pretty fun addition, particularly if they're able to sign a veteran wideout. A four wide of Decker-Jones-Cooks-Kerley would be a resonably substantial upgrade over some of the receivers that were getting trotted out last year. And we can still hope things click for Hill someday.

Yup.

Idzik seems to be impervious to fan opinion. He's the anti-Tanny

Good Lord, can you imagine the moves Tanny would have made in the last 48 hours if he was sitting on $40 million?  He'd burn through it faster than sailors pulling into Subic after 6 months at sea. 

This is uncharted territory.  Having a plan and executing it, who would have thunk it?   Plus, you just know it is not a one-year plan.

The 2 days of free agency whining by the fans reminds me of last year when we went all the way down to the wire and I believe on the eve of the draft we were finally able to make that Revis trade. 

we have 2 months of free agency and many Jet fans are already whining during the 1st 48 hours. Meanwhile Idzik, being the calculating type that he is has the patience to wait it out. I seriously didnt think the Jets were even considering Eric Decker, yet here it is. And I Bet he's going to get Jones too. he's going to get Captain from the Panthers, let Milliner earn that #9 pick from last year and we're going to end up drafting a defensive player in the first round. We're going to get Safety Calvin Pryor or Clinton Dix and pick up Jordan Matthews in the 2nd. 

Idzik is a f'ing genius! 

I think Cooks would be a pretty fun addition, particularly if they're able to sign a veteran wideout. A four wide of Decker-Jones-Cooks-Kerley would be a resonably substantial upgrade over some of the receivers that were getting trotted out last year. And we can still hope things click for Hill someday.

With that mix, Cooks could be a really nice addition.  

After a long day of negotiations the New York Jets have finally come to terms with wide receiver Eric Decker. The 27 year old Eric Decker played his first four seasons with Denver Broncos with plenty of success. In the past two seasons Decker was averaging 86 receptions, 1,176 yards and 12 touchdowns in each season.

Eric Decker will be receiving roughly $7.25 Million a year.

Even current wide receiver David Nelson tweeted Eric Decker with a congratulatory welcome to the team.

Jets Nation is fired up to have Eric Decker join the roster. He will help Geno Smith tremendously going into his sophomore season. There are talks that general manager is also interested in signing wide receiver James Jones. We will keep you posted with any other roster moves that happen in free agency as well as the NFL draft.

Make sure you visit our to find out what the rest of Jets Nation is saying about this signing.

I'm skeptical of Decker, but he is an upgrade, the best receiver on the team thus far and the contract is reasonable. The sky isn't falling afterall

He produced with Kyle Orton.  He looked not terrible with Tim Tebow.  He'll do fine with Geno Smith or whoever our QB of the future is.

Archived