Rapaport: Wilfork asks for release.

RSJ

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard the local radio talking about Wilfork's contract this morning, and how he "had to" restructure and give Pats money to do other moves.

I immediately thought... why should Wilfork have to give his money back, but Revis gets what he wants. I live up here. Wilfork is a fixture in the community. Revis is a mercenary. Wilfork for the better part of HIS career has been the best NT in football, like Revis claims to be the best CB.

This is why Revis, no matter how well he may get along with his teammates, is a detriment to team chemistry. 

Every single player has got to ask "why does HE deserve the money, but I don't", and if they aren't asking that - they are stupid.

This is the problem with the Revis move from the Pats perspective. It goes against everything they have done since BB has been there. Going out of his way to stick it to the Jets may backfire on BB this time.

I heard the local radio talking about Wilfork's contract this morning, and how he "had to" restructure and give Pats money to do other moves.

I immediately thought... why should Wilfork have to give his money back, but Revis gets what he wants. I live up here. Wilfork is a fixture in the community. Revis is a mercenary. Wilfork for the better part of HIS career has been the best NT in football, like Revis claims to be the best CB.

This is why Revis, no matter how well he may get along with his teammates, is a detriment to team chemistry. 

Every single player has got to ask "why does HE deserve the money, but I don't", and if they aren't asking that - they are stupid.

and the revis effect begins before a locker even has his name on it

I love this.  I thought something like this would happen.  They will probably dump McCourty too.  And maybe they cannot resign Edelman.  Oh but they have Revis.   He will stop the run.  He will catch touchdown passes.  With Wilfat gone, teams will pour through the Pats D line.  Maybe they won't even have to pass it against the NE Revises..

And that's why you don't spend the bulk of your remaining cap on one player.  As much as I dislike the Patriots, Wilfork has been a mainstay there and a more than solid player.  He shouldn't be disrespected like that in order to accommodate Revis' salary.

Gotta give Wilfork props...the guy is an elite run stopper. W/o wilfork the defense becomes very very susceptible to the run...every team will see that big hole and will shift the burden to running the ball. Running the ball also keeps BRADY off the field.

Archived