Jets (will maybe, someday) sign Brandon Pettigrew. Or not.

Favorite_Toon

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nonsense.

If they couldn't wait to get rid of him then what stopped them from letting him play out his full contract?

What it influences is the team no longer needs to reach at either position.  That is a positive influence to me.

Not to mention, weren't reports that Detroit were amongst the teams still talking to Pettigrew?  Seems like teams don't generally try to re-sign players they can't wait to get rid of.

no i did but my parents must have gotten me the cheap version because the one i had didn't say things in baby talk

hence your lack of imagination and sense of humor... We got to the bottom of that quick

424 users in this thread right now.

To our guests, click register you can post with your twitter or facebook account if you prefer.  We would love to hear your thoughts on the team!

You sure about that Maximus? I'm not entirely positive this site can handle anymore JoeWillies. Hell, it couldn't even handle two for an entire off-season.

Disagree somewhat. Decker is a solid guy, and a decent starting-caliber player, but Pettigrew is a mess whom Detroit couldn't wait to get rid of. Neither player should influence where the team goes with its draft picks.

What is wrong with Pettigrew?  I thought Detroit wanted him back.  I don't think having him should prevent the team from picking a TE, but I think having Cumberland/Pettigrew should keep them from HAVING to pick one. 

The Jets let Vlad Ducasse play out his full contract.

As far as the draft, I don't think Idzik would reach regardless.

Because they didn't have anyone better and were convinced he was getting better himself (or he gave the appearance that he was in limited spurts, anyway).

If Detroit couldn't wait to get rid of him they'd have dumped him.  If the Jets couldn't wait to dump Ducasse they'd have dumped him as well.  Necessity kept him here, not a contract.

Your a 'Bottom' (I kind of thought so the way you talked). .brave of you to come out of the closet nationally :)

you're obviously not lacking in the imagination field... Your fantasies aside, I'm not gay, thanks

newest video on jets website, he talks about decker and then mentions ebron,, seemed odd to me when everyone in world knows ebron isnt there at 18

Everyone knew Brady Quinn wasn't going to be there at 18.  I can probably give you 50 more examples and you could give me 100 after that.

The draft will be what the draft will be.  At least we're not setting ourselves up for "this guy or bust" where our hand is forced if he is looking like he's def going earlier.

You sure about that Maximus? I'm not entirely positive this site can handle anymore JoeWillies. Hell, it couldn't even handle two for an entire off-season.

We are always willing to roll the dice.  For every bad poster out there, there is another Faba.  Oh wait.....

Cumberland/Pettigrew makes a good tandem. Sorry no team can line up 11 all pros at every position.

True...but Id still like to see someone paying us a visit. 

As bad as we need offense, we NEED defense, IMO. Dont go wasting what they have on the DLine by ignoring the defense. 

Archived