CB A. Cromartie wants to come back

UnknownJetFan

Jets | Antonio Cromartie would like to return

Sun, 16 Mar 2014 16:23:15 -0700

Free-agent CB Antonio Cromartie (Jets) would like to re-sign with the New York Jets.

- See more at: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#sthash.WFSmfRkE.dpuf

Obviously he didn't get a contract from Arizona. We know him and he knows us and wants to come back as he said previously, so hopefully we give him like a 3yr 12M or so contract to take the job. As log as his hip is fine he is only 29. The other Cromartie may want to much to sign and anyone else out there left is no better than Antonio. Thoughts?. BTW, I just joined up and registered here after many years of reading all your great and interesting posts.  

So? He can take vet minimum and compete for a job.

No Cro was one of the best CBs in the league 2 years ago you must respect that ... I think a contract around 4-6 million per year would be fair... I want a 3-5 year contract with the ability to cut him without much penalty not a 2-year contract that's actually a 1 year since he could be cut like what Revis

I know where Cro graded out, but I like to believe that he will play significantly better than he did last year. Maybe not when in his prime prime, but I bet the speed and athleticism are still there. Cro > anyone else on our roster. Bring the guy back, and let him go out on his sword returning kicks.

was watching the Dolfag game today (week 17). Hartline was ******* owning him. We are lucky he got hurt we might of lost that game. I dont know how many of you have read Collision Low Crossers. but if you have, you know how big of POS he is.POISON I don't want him in the DB room.

If a deal for Rodgers-Cro doesn't come through then I wouldn't mind giving him 2 years - $9 mil deal with a $1 mil roster bonus for next season. It is almost laughable to even consider playing for the minimum. I'm pretty sure we would be 1 of many teams to be in the market if that was the case.

Jets | Antonio Cromartie would like to return

Sun, 16 Mar 2014 16:23:15 -0700

Free-agent CB Antonio Cromartie (Jets) would like to re-sign with the New York Jets.

- See more at: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#sthash.WFSmfRkE.dpuf

Obviously he didn't get a contract from Arizona. We know him and he knows us and wants to come back as he said previously, so hopefully we give him like a 3yr 12M or so contract to take the job. As log as his hip is fine he is only 29. The other Cromartie may want to much to sign and anyone else out there left is no better than Antonio. Thoughts?. BTW, I just joined up and registered here after many years of reading all your great and interesting posts.  

Thanks for signing up!

Even if we do sign DRC, I want A.C back. He was a underrated return man. And I like our new st coach but we have no return man. Unless we draft 1. Or cribs is still on contract, not sure what's left in his tank thoe.

Return men are a dime a dozen in this league. On top of that they nerfed the crap out of kickoff returns so the value of the position is further diminished. Even if you were bringing in someone exclusively for returns you could probably bring in Devin Hester for fairly cheap.

Even if we do sign DRC, I want A.C back. He was a underrated return man. And I like our new st coach but we have no return man. Unless we draft 1. Or cribs is still on contract, not sure what's left in his tank thoe.

Unfortunately, the NFL is devaluing the return game.  I agree, Cro was good on Kickoff returns.  When we tried him on punt returns, if I am not mistaken, like everyone else that year, the ball was on the turf.

Unfortunately, the NFL is devaluing the return game.  I agree, Cro was good on Kickoff returns.  When we tried him on punt returns, if I am not mistaken, like everyone else that year, the ball was on the turf.

He looked awkward on punt returns -- he's fast but not so nimble.  Give him a running start on KO returns and it is a different story with his straight line speed.  Like others have said KO returns are less critical these days. 

Joewilly12,

Yes, I know but going forward means hopefully in the near future 1-3 yrs, but not necessarily next year although it would be nice. Any chance for it next year would require a home run with the 12 draft picks we have coming (With comp picks), and more strategic FA signings between now and training camp. A solid trade or 2 may also be extremely helpful like the the Ivory deal. 

the guy made the pro bowl , how much you think he should make

Who cares? He was one of the worst corners in the league last year. He has a bum hip. He deserves the vet minimum on a one year contract to prove he is healthy enough to be in the league.

Antonio Cromartie came here with a lot of baggage remember the Jets had to loan him child support money the time he spent here he played his ass off even while injured and he did whatever Rex asked of him kick returner,WR I don't remember him causing any trouble on or off the field. Bring Cro back.

Antonio Cromartie came here with a lot of baggage remember the Jets had to loan him child support money the time he spent here he played his ass off even while injured and he did whatever Rex asked of him kick returner,WR I don't remember him causing any trouble on or off the field. Bring Cro back.

None of that has to do with football next season.

I doubt he has fallen to the vet minimum level but man if he is cheap, they should bring him back.  Even if they sign D-Cro.

Co-sign if he comes cheaply enough -- but not the $7-$9 million figures being thrown around here like Monopoly money.

Archived