CB A. Cromartie wants to come back

UnknownJetFan

Have no fear Ed Reed will return watch and see.

That would be great.  Geno Smith really improved later in the year.  I heard rumblings it was because he practiced against Ed Reed and it made him better.

No Cro was one of the best CBs in the league 2 years ago you must respect that ... I think a contract around 4-6 million per year would be fair... I want a 3-5 year contract with the ability to cut him without much penalty not a 2-year contract that's actually a 1 year since he could be cut like what Revis

2 years 11 million. 4 million guaranteed. 

That would be great.  Geno Smith really improved later in the year.  I heard rumblings it was because he practiced against Ed Reed and it made him better.

I agree Ed Reed brings a lot to the table a young team like the Jets needs veterans like Ed frikken Reed.

Jets | Antonio Cromartie would like to return

Sun, 16 Mar 2014 16:23:15 -0700

Free-agent CB Antonio Cromartie (Jets) would like to re-sign with the New York Jets.

- See more at: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#sthash.WFSmfRkE.dpuf

Obviously he didn't get a contract from Arizona. We know him and he knows us and wants to come back as he said previously, so hopefully we give him like a 3yr 12M or so contract to take the job. As log as his hip is fine he is only 29. The other Cromartie may want to much to sign and anyone else out there left is no better than Antonio. Thoughts?. BTW, I just joined up and registered here after many years of reading all your great and interesting posts.  

Welcome!!

Don't rock the Boat, Baby.... Don't tip the Boat, woman.

Be afraid.... be very afraid!

It's really not smart to pay somebody based on what they did two years ago. I really appreciated what Cro did here, and he seems to have liked being a Jet, but the Jets know his medicals better than anyone right now so if they pass I'm fine with it. Show-me deal or bust in my eyes.

Agree with this, but if the team thinks he might have a shot to turn it around, and obviously Cro thinks he can, I say compromise by offering him a heavily incentive-laden deal and make sure he really earns the pay he's looking for / isn't difficult to move on from if needed.  Of course, that's assuming he wouldn't outright agree to a low dollar deal from the team, as if that were the case they might as well bring him in and let him fight it out with everyone else.

Why did Arizona back out?  Did he fail a physical?

If the hip has been permanently damaged by his incessant humping, can you imagine the results of starting Cro opposite Peterson?  Cro will get burned so much he could be Toast II.  

Give it a rest.  Your sorry, one note act is way past old.

Hey, Man...

I've been validated!

Villain The Foe, on 16 Mar 2014 - 10:17 PM, said:snapback.png

You didnt get here just 15 minutes ago with stupidity. You add value to the forum....for the record. 

i think AC could be worth $4mill per yr. he wants to play. been seeing quite a few references to DRC vaguely talking about calling it quits, i dont trust that he has the motivation from what ive read. give AC a physical, hes a workout warrior he can get back.

It's really not smart to pay somebody based on what they did two years ago. I really appreciated what Cro did here, and he seems to have liked being a Jet, but the Jets know his medicals better than anyone right now so if they pass I'm fine with it. Show-me deal or bust in my eyes.

somewhat this. if the jets feel that his hip is going to be a problem moving forward, don't need him. if the jets feel his hip is not going to be a problem, than a show me deal might not be enough. its all about the hip

the thing is, A. Cro's game depends on his speed and quickness, and with his hip, all elements of his game become a non-factor. He's not a dude that plays with positioning. He needs to be bigger and faster than the other guy

Jets didn't offer him a deal... AZ didn't offer him a contract... And people here want to give him 7 million a year... There really is no explanation for some jets fans' thought processes. Many of you are Rex on crack--blind loyalty based on past performance. That is why he will never buy the groceries.

Just think wilson wasnt so bad in 2012 when revis went down. Hes been a solid slot corner. Milliner made leaps and bounds in those last few games and actually looked promising (hated this guy in september). Sign a vet, draft a mid rnd cb and let them "compete" as Idzik would say.

If it came down to Wilson and Milliner, that wouldnt bother me.

somewhat this. if the jets feel that his hip is going to be a problem moving forward, don't need him. if the jets feel his hip is not going to be a problem, than a show me deal might not be enough. its all about the hip

+1

He's either worth a real contract or he's worth nothing.  If his hip is good he can still be effective for another year or two (if the rest of him stays healthy and he doesn't lose speed). If not, why give him playing time over guys with an actual future?

Jets didn't offer him a deal... AZ didn't offer him a contract... And people here want to give him 7 million a year... There really is no explanation for some jets fans' thought processes. Many of you are Rex on crack--blind loyalty based on past performance. That is why he will never buy the groceries.

Just make a move! ANY move, as long as it's expensive!!

Archived