Led Zeppelin to reissue albums I through III with new songs

Jetsfan80

Rumblings like these suggest perhaps an upcoming reunion tour.  That would be magical.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2014/03/13/led-zeppelin-reissue-campaign-starts-june-3-with-first-three-albums/6360927/

1394693270000-Led-Zeppelin-1969-bw2-cour

Led Zeppelin reissues launch June 3 with I, II, III

For Led Zeppelin fans, June 3 is Celebration Day.

Atlantic/Swan Song is launching an extensive reissue campaign of all nine studio albums in chronological order, starting with the June 3 release of Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II and Led Zeppelin III, all remastered by guitarist and producer Jimmy Page.

Each deluxe edition will be accompanied by a second disc of previously unreleased music.

Page says in a statement, "The material on the companion discs presents a portal to the time of the recording ... It is a selection of work in progress with rough mixes, backing tracks, alternate versions and new material recorded at the time."

Led Zeppelin, with Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones and John Bonham, formed in 1968 and grew to become one of the rock era's most popular and influential bands, with sales to date of 300 million albums worldwide.

The reissues will be available in these formats:

Single CD – Remastered album packaged in a gatefold card wallet.

Deluxe edition (two CDs) – Remastered album, plus a second disc of unreleased companion audio.

Single LP – Remastered vinyl album, packaged in a sleeve that replicates the LP's first pressing. (For example, III will feature the original wheel and die cut holes.)

Deluxe edition vinyl – Remastered album and unreleased companion audio on vinyl.

Digital download – Remastered album and companion audio will both be available.

Super deluxe box set – This includes the remastered album on CD in vinyl replica sleeve, companion audio CD in card wallet, remastered album on vinyl in a sleeve replicating first pressing, companion vinyl disc, hi-def audio download card of all content, hard bound book with rare and previously unpublished photos and memorabilia, print of the original album cover (the first 30,000 will be individually numbered). Led Zeppelin will also hold a replica of the original Atlantic press kit.

Rumblings like these suggest perhaps an upcoming reunion tour.  That would be magical.

Jason will never be his dad - but he's pretty damn good and can certainly deliver some of Bonzo's signature licks to make any potential reunion a must see. 

• 3 weeks later...

I saw them in '77 and was on line, at Ticketmaster waiting for the machines to open for the 1980 MSG shows when the news broke about Bonham's death and the shows, the tour all to be cancelled. Sorry kids-there will be NO Led Zep tour-WHAT!!!???? Yes, sorry now please go home, I know you've been on line for 18 hours...

Archived