Spikes, Talib say Patriots file false injury reports

F.Chowds

Two former Patriots say the team put false information about them on official injury reports.

Brandon Spikes and Aqib Talib have both said since leaving New England in free agency that when they were on the Patriots last year, the team gave them injury designations that weren’t accurate. Spikes ended last season on injured reserve with a knee injury, and there were reports that Patriots coach Bill Belichick actually put Spikes on IR because Spikes had shown up late to practice. Spikes seemed to confirm that in an interview on WGR in Buffalo.

“I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report,” Spikes said, via ESPN.com. “That’s just how things go there. Almost like what happened with Talib and his hip.”

Talib was on injury reports last season with hip injuries, but after signing with the Broncos he said he never had a hip injury.

“The Patriots have their way of reporting stuff, but I haven’t had a hip problem since Tampa,” Talib said. “The injury I had was actually a quad injury. It was reported as a hip injury, but that’s how they do things.”

That’s not how the NFL wants teams to do things. The league office may look into the possibility that the Patriots are playing fast and loose with injury reports

Let me explain to you how this thread is going to go:

1. Someone will post nothing but the word "circus."

2. Ensuing discussion on Belichick being a wormy dude. References to Spygate are likely.

3. A Pats fan, probably PatriotReign, posts something about Sal Alossi.

4. Bleedin Green will type out several paragraphs on why those two things aren't the same in response.

5. Gifs. One being a facepalm by Klecko.

6. Hahahaha Revis burned you guys so bad brah.

7. Stoicsentry agrees about Revis and cries about Idzik.

8. OMG I can't believe even in this thread you're complaining about Idzik.

9. More gifs.

10. Villain tells everyone how he watched tape on Talib from last season and to him it doesn't look like a hip injury.

11. More posters fight to have their quips and gifs acknowledged.

12. The thread dies a slow death.

wrong wrong wrong....

2. Ensuing discussion on Belichick being a wormy dude. References to Spygate are likely.
4. Bleedin Green will type out several paragraphs on why those two things aren't the same in response.
9. More gifs.
10. Villain tells everyone how he watched tape on Talib from last season and to him it doesn't look like a hip injury.

it's Klacko... ty

Didn't we all know this by now?

Why just because there is a running joke going on a decade now that has Tom Brady on it every week for his shoulder? Last year though, there was actually a week that they didn't put him on for it

9. More gifs.

Are you suggesting that our discourse has grown stale and predictable?

Yeah but Sal Alosi tripped a guy once.

These two situations are not even close to being the same.  You're talking about a guy who trips a kick returner, something everyone in the league was doing, to a guy making up practice reports and filming other team's practices.  Let me start from the beginning.  When I was 6, I was a kick returner for my team's pee wee league.  I was running back a kick and the opposing coach yelled "Hey, run over here faggot", and when I did, he tripped me and laughed.  And did I cry about it?  NO.  Because in football, these things happen.  You just have to play through it.  My coach sat me down and said "Son, that's not cheating.  That coach did what he had to do to win the game."  And I kept that with me for the rest of my life.

But in 2001, with the Super Bowl on the line, Belichick repeatedly took video of the "Greatest Show on Turf" running their offensive plays.  We're talking about an offense predicated on its unpredictability and ability to get the ball to Marshall Faulk in creative ways.  OF COURSE the Patriots were going to win this game.  They had the entire blueprint lined up.  And they kept doing it even after Roger Goodell WARNED every coach in the NFL about not taping opposing team's practices.  That is ridiculous!  Can you imagine if the Jets did this under Mangini?  We'd have been called a circus LONG before Rex Ryan ever came here.

So really, these two situations are nothing at all alike.  We should probably talk about these injury reports now.  This has been going on for years in New England so I'm not sure why it's much of a surprise.  Belichick is a snake.  Ever since 2000 when he left us with Al Groh he's been a manipulative bastard.  How many games in a row has Tom Brady been on the injury report with a shoulder injury?  Something like 12 years?  Oh man, if only we had Bernard Karmell Pollard to give him a REAL injury like in 2008.  That was a fun year.  I remember when we signed Brett Favre and thought "Well, if Favre can play QB, maybe an old man like me can still give it a go?"  I decided to join a flag football league with a group of 50+ guys and man, I really could sling it.  They didn't even see me coming!  I hit them on the numbers every time.  I then enthralled them with stories of my state championship back in 1967.  That was back when the forward pass had just been made legal in the High School ranks, you see, so I came out of nowhere.  Man, I had all the girls loving me.  Then that damn Nixon came along and life kind of passed me by and I'd forgotten I could still play the game.

I should probably wrap this up now.  I forgot what I was talking about.  Oh yeah, Sal Alosi?  It was completely unfair what happened to that poor guy.  He was blackballed by the league for that.  And for what?  Nothing.  Watch, Belichick won't get more than a slap in the wrist.  Maybe get fined $50,000 for it or something.  Yeah, this is not going to make a bit of difference for Belichick's legacy either.  He'll always be seen as the "genius" who just found ways to get away with murder.  As if he'd be ANYWHERE if he hadn't taken Tom Brady in the 6th round.  How many teams passed on that guy?  Yet Brady, whose drafting track record is TERRIBLE, is seen as some uber-genius the likes of which the NFL has never seen?  It's disgusting, just disgusting.  Anyways, I should probably get back to training.  Got a big game against one of the other nursing homes in the area coming up.

These two situations are not even close to being the same.  You're talking about a guy who trips a kick returner, something everyone in the league was doing, to a guy making up practice reports and filming other team's practices.  Let me start from the beginning.  When I was 6, I was a kick returner for my team's pee wee league.  I was running back a kick and the opposing coach yelled "Hey, run over here faggot", and when I did, he tripped me and laughed.  And did I cry about it?  NO.  Because in football, these things happen.  You just have to play through it.  My coach sat me down and said "Son, that's not cheating.  That coach did what he had to do to win the game."  And I kept that with me for the rest of my life.

But in 2001, with the Super Bowl on the line, Belichick repeatedly took video of the "Greatest Show on Turf" running their offensive plays.  We're talking about an offense predicated on its unpredictability and ability to get the ball to Marshall Faulk in creative ways.  OF COURSE the Patriots were going to win this game.  They had the entire blueprint lined up.  And they kept doing it even after Roger Goodell WARNED every coach in the NFL about not taping opposing team's practices.  That is ridiculous!  Can you imagine if the Jets did this under Mangini?  We'd have been called a circus LONG before Rex Ryan ever came here.

So really, these two situations are nothing at all alike.  We should probably talk about these injury reports now.  This has been going on for years in New England so I'm not sure why it's much of a surprise.  Belichick is a snake.  Ever since 2000 when he left us with Al Groh he's been a manipulative bastard.  How many games in a row has Tom Brady been on the injury report with a shoulder injury?  Something like 12 years?  Oh man, if only we had Bernard Karmell Pollard to give him a REAL injury like in 2008.  That was a fun year.  I remember when we signed Brett Favre and thought "Well, if Favre can play QB, maybe an old man like me can still give it a go?"  I decided to join a flag football league with a group of 50+ guys and man, I really could sling it.  They didn't even see me coming!  I hit them on the numbers every time.  I then enthralled them with stories of my state championship back in 1967.  That was back when the forward pass had just been made legal in the High School ranks, you see, so I came out of nowhere.  Man, I had all the girls loving me.  Then that damn Nixon came along and life kind of passed me by and I'd forgotten I could still play the game.

I should probably wrap this up now.  I forgot what I was talking about.  Oh yeah, Sal Alosi?  It was completely unfair what happened to that poor guy.  He was blackballed by the league for that.  And for what?  Nothing.  Watch, Belichick won't get more than a slap in the wrist.  Maybe get fined $50,000 for it or something.  Yeah, this is not going to make a bit of difference for Belichick's legacy either.  He'll always be seen as the "genius" who just found ways to get away with murder.  As if he'd be ANYWHERE if he hadn't taken Tom Brady in the 6th round.  How many teams passed on that guy?  Yet Brady, whose drafting track record is TERRIBLE, is seen as some uber-genius the likes of which the NFL has never seen?  It's disgusting, just disgusting.  Anyways, I should probably get back to training.  Got a big game against one of the other nursing homes in the area coming up.

I was going to respond with a faceplam but this is ******* brilliant!!!

9. More gifs.

So you are numbers 5 & 9?

9. More gifs.

13.  JiF chimes and says something like; dont worry, Rex's got this.

9. More gifs.

You forgot

13. Tells us something we don't already know, we lived the Parcells, and Mangini years!

<3 U

I was going to respond with a faceplam but this is ******* brilliant!!!

You just liked it because it worked in some of your old man jokes.

It was pretty awesome though, but I'm fairly certain I've never made any reference to my supposed physical prowess; it's clearly my intellectual superiority that is the real key.  Everything else was pretty well played though, so I'll give it a B+.  Maybe an A-, I'm feeling generous.  Although I think everyone knows I would have fit a Mike Tomlin reference in there as well, but what are you going to do?

It was pretty awesome though, but I'm fairly certain I've never made any reference to my supposed physical prowess; it's clearly my intellectual superiority that is the real key.  Everything else was pretty well played though, so I'll give it a B+.  Maybe an A-, I'm feeling generous.  Although I think everyone knows I would have fit a Mike Tomlin reference in there as well, but what are you going to do?

tumblr_lpnuaoGUfJ1qafrh6.gif

<3 U

I'm not sure who I like better, fake BG or real BG.  Hey real BG, can you give us a 500+ word synopsis on the pros and cons of both, like AVM did for me?  Thanks in advance.

His cheating actually impacted the game.  Just sayin'.

Archived