***Official 2014 JN Mock Draft DISCUSSION Thread***

HessStation

Discuss picks and selections here please. When the Mock Draft starts I will create an official Draft SELECTION thread.

Draft Rules:

1. Each "GM" will have 3 hours to make his selection/pick. If the pick is not in on time, dbatesman will make the pick. If dbatesman doesn't make the pick within the hour, the next team in line can make both picks.

2. No Trades

3. Game/Draft hours are 8am-8pm Monday through Friday. Feel free to make as many selections as you like during off hours, including weekends. In fact, you are ENCOURAGED to do so. 

4. After you make your selection YOU MUST PM the next team's GM notifying him that, "he is on the clock." 

5.16 players, each player has two teams.

6. This Mock Draft will go 4 rounds

7. Link to Draft Order: http://en.wikipedia..../2014_NFL_Draft

-There will be a DRAFT Discussion Thread: To talk about picks whatnot

-There will be a DRAFT Selection Thread: for SELECTIONS ONLY.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I specifically asked when this thing would start...and was specifically told it would start tomorrow (Thursday the 20th)at  8:00 ET

That is 5:00 am my time.  But I'm a trooper, I was going to wake up early, so you dick-knuckles wouldn't be waiting on me.  I'm kinda glad it started today, so now I can sleep in.  Hopefully you weren't waiting long on my selection.  (I pm'd JiF)

Happy Drafting, fellas.  

I specifically asked when this thing would start...and was specifically told it would start tomorrow (Thursday the 20th)at 8:00 ET

That is 5:00 am my time. But I'm a trooper, I was going to wake up early, so you dick-knuckles wouldn't be waiting on me. I'm kinda glad it started today, so now I can sleep in. Hopefully you weren't waiting long on my selection. (I pm'd JiF)

Happy Drafting, fellas.

I might have jumped the gun, but it read to me like I had until 11 AM, but didn't have to wait till 8 AM.

Took Clowney for Houston because he is the BAP, and right now the QB situation is way to cloudy, also think O'Brein is one of those egotistical guys who might want to groom a project over a top pick that could also make him look really bad if he is a bust.

If anyone cares.

THE MOCK DRAFT HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED. 

Figured I'd jumpstart tonight, if people were around. If not, you're not penalized b/c whoever is up will be OTC until 11 am tomorrow morning. 

As a reminder, Time Frame will be 8am-8pm M-F and you get a 3 hour window to make your pick from the last one. Off hours and weekends, although you are still encouraged to make your pick, you don't have to. 

Also, if the last pick was at, say, 8:30 pm Tuesday, the next team has until 10:30 am Wed to make their pick (3 hour, play time, window)

I like Mack a lot. He fits what Gus Bradley wants to do and Caldwell is a conservative GM so I don't see him going QB in a questionable class.

So much buzz around him from the draft media, but every time you hear an actual NFL scout comment on him, they don't sound as convinced.

I don't know how do the Browns not take a QB at 4? It was hard to pick one given Bridegwater's pro day. But I still think he comes out on top of the QBs.

Those QB rankings are going to flip-flop 20 times over the next month. The Browns are probably going to dump out of the pick, IMO.

I don't know how do the Browns not take a QB at 4? It was hard to pick one given Bridegwater's pro day. But I still think he comes out on top of the QBs.

I agree.  If Hoyer wasn't coming off a major injury and had stayed at a high level of production the last part of the season, maybe they feel differently.

Those QB rankings are going to flip-flop 20 times over the next month. The Browns are probably going to dump out of the pick, IMO.

I agree they'll want to, but with 3-4 guys that different teams can get infatuated with (or be turned off to) it may be difficult to.

Maybe if Oakland gets heavily linked to someone they want...or if someone wants to trade up Julio Jones-style for Watkins?  That's probably the best bet as opposed to a QB now that I think about it.

I agree.  If Hoyer wasn't coming off a major injury and had stayed at a high level of production the last part of the season, maybe they feel differently.

Yeah I think Hoyer gives them leverage to sit the rookie QB for a year...but if any franchise was in dire need of hope for the future, it's Cleveland. Had to pull the trigger on a QB, that was tough enough, making the QB Bridgewater was also a tough decision. 

I agree they'll want to, but with 3-4 guys that different teams can get infatuated with (or be turned off to) it may be difficult to.

Maybe if Oakland gets heavily linked to someone they want...or if someone wants to trade up Julio Jones-style for Watkins? That's probably the best bet as opposed to a QB now that I think about it.

Watkins, or if some owner gets a raging hard-on for Manziel.

JiF took my first choice but my second was still there.

Eboozer is on he just posted on the main forum so he should be here soon. Who's next?

Atlanta HAS TO take Matthews there. Ryan is awful when pressured, and Dimitroff screwed up by cost-cutting on the OL.

Archived