Just my opinion: Jets not going Wr in Rd 1

House Jet

Our receivers currently under contract are now: Decker, Kerley, Nelson, Hill, Haakim, and Clyde Gates

Even after we sign the most sought after free agent WR, reports are still surfacing that we are interested in pursuing guys like Rice and Jones. I think its pretty obvious that Hill will not  be cut this year as he is only being paid 900k and having an arguably high ceiling. Kerley is a definite. Nelson proved himself viable last year creating a rapport with Geno. So my question is, if we sign another veteran receiver like Jones for example (or trade for D. Jackson) there will be no reason to go WR other than depth as we would have 5 starter caliber WRs (just lumping Hill in there since he most likely will stay a Jet). 

I think a lot of Jet fans will be surprised come Draft time. Were going BAP or hitting need positions such as: DB, OL, TE. 

I know this isn't a ground breaking post but I was thinking about it and was wondering what the rest of Jetnation thinks. Soo have at it..

Our receivers currently under contract are now: Decker, Kerley, Nelson, Hill, Haakim, and Clyde Gates

Even after we sign the most sought after free agent WR, reports are still surfacing that we are interested in pursuing guys like Rice and Jones. I think its pretty obvious that Hill will not  be cut this year as he is only being paid 900k and having an arguably high ceiling. Kerley is a definite. Nelson proved himself viable last year creating a rapport with Geno. So my question is, if we sign another veteran receiver like Jones for example (or trade for D. Jackson) there will be no reason to go WR other than depth as we would have 5 starter caliber WRs (just lumping Hill in there since he most likely will stay a Jet). 

I think a lot of Jet fans will be surprised come Draft time. Were going BAP or hitting need positions such as: DB, OL, TE. 

I know this isn't a ground breaking post but I was thinking about it and was wondering what the rest of Jetnation thinks. Soo have at it..

Hill is a bust, Hakim has proven squat and Gates doesnt even belong on a football team.

Evans may make it to #18 and if he does the Jets grab him.

Evans and Decker with Kerley in the slot, Nelson coming off the bench.........not too shabby.

I agree on Hill, Haakim, and Gates but that still leaves Decker, Kerley, Nelson, and a possible veteran. I think if we were to sign a veteran, the WR position suddenly looks a lot less pressing. Plus regardless if he is a bust or not Hill will not get cut IMHO. If im not mistaken, don't we still need a left guard? Wasnt winters terrible? Safety looks atrocious as well as cb. I could also see us grabbing a TE instead of a reciever.

I think it's too early to give up on Hill. If he does nothing this year then dump him, but there have have been many WR that breakout in their third year. Roddy White was once labeled a bust, until his third season now look at him.

I agree on Hill, Haakim, and Gates but that still leaves Decker, Kerley, Nelson, and a possible veteran. I think if we were to sign a veteran, the WR position suddenly looks a lot less pressing. Plus regardless if he is a bust or not Hill will not get cut IMHO. If im not mistaken, don't we still need a left guard? Wasnt winters terrible? Safety looks atrocious as well as cb. I could also see us grabbing a TE instead of a reciever.

Considering the Jets' flurry of activity in free agency this year, signing another WR is inevitable. Or not.

They'll go BAP in the draft. And even if three WRs are gone before the Jets pick, a WR could still be the BAP.

I can see it, they'll be a quality WR available in the 2nd if that's the case. Hopefully Jordan Matthews. I wouldn't mind seeing OLB if Barr's available or the second best CB Dennard. Even Calvin Pryor or Ha Ha Clinton Dix would be okay with me. Anyone that'll help

Even after we sign the most sought after free agent WR, reports are still surfacing that we are interested in pursuing guys like Rice and Jones. 

I'd be cool taking a flyer on Sidney Rice.  James Jones was signed by the Raiders a couple days ago. 

Now this is how a new poster starts and conducts himself in a new thread. I can't really agree or disagree until I see who's available when we're ready to select, but it's quite possible that WR is not BPA at 18. Personally, I think WR will be BPA, just because of how highly I think of some of the underclassmen, but won't be upset either way.

Archived