New York Jets Sign Mike Vick!

Lupz27

He's here to play, not kill dogs. He's clearly changed and hasn't stirred up any drama since he's been released from prison. I love dogs, too, believe it or not. But he's here to play hard and win. Once the season starts if he sucks, then you all can b*tch about him. For now, he's here to win and there's nothing posting a thread can do. 

That'll be all. 

MERGE!

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you write this as if he's going to start....i now take back what i said about you people waiting till week 2 for him to start...

He's going to start, if you believe the competition is going to be a fair and open one. Unless of course you happen to think Geno is better then Foles, cause you do realize Vick beat out Foles for the Eagles job at the start of the season right?

Nice job Sperm! 

Can't believe some Jets fans can't keep this conversation to football and not all kinds of other garbage.

If I comment further on it I'm going to get even more pissed.  Last-word commenting & banning is my idea of taking the high road with stuff like this.  Total garbage.

So I think my (non-spammer) ban total is up to 15 now in however many years.  Oh well.

Nice job Sperm! 

Can't believe some Jets fans can't keep this conversation to football and not all kinds of other garbage.

i wish i could just keep it to football. the truth is in football terms this is a lousy signing anyway. but when the guy they just signed did this:

"As that dog lay on the ground fighting for air, Quanis Phillips grabbed its front legs and Michael Vick grabbed its hind legs. They swung the dog over their head like a jump rope then slammed it to the ground. The first impact didn't kill it. So Phillips and Vick slammed it again. The two men kept at it, alternating back and forth, pounding the creature against the ground, until at last, the little red dog was dead".

i just cant keep my hatred of this signing to purely football. this guy is a POS.

This is not the way to start the Anti Vick Militia.  Come on, you need to be a bit more forceful than that.  Don't worry, there's a few of us around here who can give you some advice based on past experience; plus I don't think you'll find nearly as much opposition.

We may need to have a meeting of the minds.  The Anti Vick Militia and Super Twat...working together for the good of Jet Nation.

....or destruction.  Definitely one of the two though.

i wish i could just keep it to football. the truth is in football terms this is a lousy signing anyway. but when the guy they just signed did this:

"As that dog lay on the ground fighting for air, Quanis Phillips grabbed its front legs and Michael Vick grabbed its hind legs. They swung the dog over their head like a jump rope then slammed it to the ground. The first impact didn't kill it. So Phillips and Vick slammed it again. The two men kept at it, alternating back and forth, pounding the creature against the ground, until at last, the little red dog was dead".

i just cant keep my hatred of this signing to purely football. this guy is a POS.

People make mistakes. He has faced his mistakes in a court of law, and he has served his time. Its not my job to judge him on anything but playing QB for the NY Jets.

source & fishing - I don't want another word about how you like or dislike this (or any) QB because he's black. Keep your racial preferences to yourselves or do it elsewhere.

Actually, fishing I can't even let that one go. Get lost.

My post was part joke/part endearment. Wasn't meant to be insulting or prejudicial in any way.

But you're right. No more comments like that.

People make mistakes. He has faced his mistakes in a court of law, and he has served his time. Its not my job to judge him on anything but playing QB for the NY Jets.

It may not be our job to judge him, but the evil that is in a person and causes them to do such horrible things doesn't just go away.  Sure he may act different now, hasn't been in trouble, most respected player etc. Doesn't mean that he is a better person. Our only hope is that Geno beats him hands down and that he never sees the field. It will be extremely hard to watch if he plays.

If he's really reformed and a good dude now (not possible) then he'll be making appearances with Decker's Dogs I'm sure.

Yup. Eric Decker has a not for profit that helps dogs.

That's going to be awkward.

Wow! Didn't realize you knew him personally. Sorry, next time I will be sure to talk to you first about his progress

thats not just a mistake. thats sick evil sh*t. slamming a dog into the ground until its dead? sorry thats not just a mistake.....i dont buy that for one minute.

It may not be our job to judge him, but the evil that is in a person and causes them to do such horrible things doesn't just go away.  Sure he may act different now, hasn't been in trouble, most respected player etc. Doesn't mean that he is a better person. Our only hope is that Geno beats him hands down and that he never sees the field. It will be extremely hard to watch if he plays.

Not trying to talk down to you, I mean this seriously. You and a lot of other people would really benefit from a sociology course.

Wow! Didn't realize you knew him personally. Sorry, next time I will be sure to talk to you first about his progress

I don't know him personally. Never said I did. I'm not going to regurgitate literature or studies here about people changing or the things that have been said about animal abusers. You can google it yourself. That's not what this is about though. This is about the Jets signing a never-was washed up ball player who will bring more negative attention than good football to the team. Like Tebow. It's a publicity stunt and nothing more.

If he's really reformed and a good dude now (not possible) then he'll be making appearances with Decker's Dogs I'm sure.

you think decker read "the lost dogs"???

an excerpt:

Agree.  Geno needs to step up and keep this guy off the field.

Vick made horrific decisions but in a bizarre way he probably saved countless dogs from the same fate.  Interesting to think of how many young people saw what happened to Vick and decided against following in his footsteps.  It's naive to think that Bad Newz Kennels was the only dog fighting operation in the US.

you think decker read "the lost dogs"???

an excerpt:

I've seen you post that same quote ten times. I agree with you but chill with the spamming it in every thread.

Vick made horrific decisions but in a bizarre way he probably saved countless dogs from the same fate.  Interesting to think of how many young people saw what happened to Vick and decided against following in his footsteps.  It's naive to think that Bad Newz Kennels was the only dog fighting operation in the US.

like all the kids growin up in the ghetto who dont get involved in gangs or sell drugs because of all the friends that die or go to jail? i doubt it made much of an impact

I've seen you post that same quote ten times. I agree with you but chill with the spamming it in every thread.

just wanna make sure everyone gets to see the deplorable human being we have on our team. i'm so annoyed i'm still considering not rooting for this team at all.

Vick made horrific decisions but in a bizarre way he probably saved countless dogs from the same fate. Interesting to think of how many young people saw what happened to Vick and decided against following in his footsteps. It's naive to think that Bad Newz Kennels was the only dog fighting operation in the US.

Saved dogs from the same fate? There is a painless way to euthanize dogs and then there is drowning and electrocution.

like all the kids growin up in the ghetto who dont get involved in gangs or sell drugs because of all the friends that die or go to jail? i doubt it made much of an impact

I don't know man..  It's a stretch to say the end justifies the means but I have to believe what happened to him actually wound up saving dogs.  as twisted as that may sound.

Not trying to talk down to you, I mean this seriously. You and a lot of other people would really benefit from a sociology course.

I really don't care why he is evil he just is. But this grasshopper is listening if you would care to summarize.

Holy crap I didn't know that.

Yikes.

Since the incident, Michael Vick has started a foundation to create awareness for animal cruelty and second chances to troubled youth.  

http://www.teamvickfoundation.org/

In addition to his foundation which assists educating school children about animal cruelty, and providing school supplies, some sources believe he has donated nearly $30M to charities over the span of his NFL career.  $1M of which was donated to the Animal Hospital Foundation of America. 

He will get along just fine with any animal lovers in the locker room. 

Saved dogs from the same fate? There is a painless way to euthanize dogs and then there is drowning and electrocution.

I'm saying young would be dog fighters may have decided against it after seeing what Vick went through and how deplorable the act of dog fighting is.

ourfounder.png

With a new focus and commitment to family, football and the community, the future is bright for Michael. He is forging an incomparable legacy as Founder and President of Team Vick Foundation, along with his continued great work with the Humane Society of the United States relating to Animal Welfare, the launch of his sports apparel line “V7”, and looking forward to becoming a published author with the release of his autobiography, ‘Finally Free’. He is the proud father of Mitez, Jada and London and is poised for a great 2012 NFL campaign with his wife, Kiafa, supporting him every step of the way.

established.png

Team Vick Foundation is committed to being a constant, ever-present voice and support system for people in need. Many of us will lose our way and make mistakes at some point in our life. Sometimes because of unforeseen circumstances we may find ourselves in need of assistance or on a “road” we never expected. Our decisions, mistakes and lessons learned impact not just us – but our children, parents and communities. Team Vick Foundation helps strengthen our communities by working to collectively become better global citizens willing to SHARE, INSPIRE AND ENCOURAGE one another to DIG DEEPER.

purpose.png

Called into existence to respond to the real and immediate needs of underserved young people, aging adults and families. Team Vick Foundation, its partners, supporters, initiatives, programs and events, bridge the gaps between donors and communities to promote hope and enhance the quality of life for those that reside in socially and economically under-represented neighborhoods. 

mission.png

Team Vick Foundation is strengthened by an unwavering commitment to transforming lives of underserved young people, aging adults and families with a deliberate focus on Community Outreach, Life Skills and Leadership Development, as well as Nutrition & Wellness Lifestyles. Our goal is to create opportunities to form lasting and meaningful friendships through community ties and to strengthen family relationships. 

motto.png

Digging Deep To Help Those In NeedOf A Second Chance

Team Vick Foundation strives to help provide opportunities that effectively lead efforts for positive social change.

Don't talk sh*t about things you dont know about. Middle class suburban people talking about the ghetto and gangs get on my nerves. You have no idea what it's like growing up in that environment. How many days have you ever gone without eating that you're going to talk sh*t about desperate teens in that situation?

Team Vick Foundation will work with hundreds of young people, adolescents, and aging adults across America through its preventive, intervention and emergency service initiatives to help them have more balanced lives. We have both short and long-term programs that meet the direct needs of those in need of assistance most.

Team Vick Foundation education programs focus on academic and cultural enrichment. By offering programs and initiatives that foster a love of reading, writing and speaking, TVF works with community partners to help develop well-rounded students. TVF offers signature programs including, but not limited to: TVF Great Backpacks, our official Literary/Essay contests, and several other educational initiatives essential to young people’s academic development. Additionally, we integrate social and creative services and cultural programs that are accessible to children and affordable for their families.

Since the incident, Michael Vick has started a foundation to create awareness for animal cruelty and second chances to troubled youth.

http://www.teamvickfoundation.org/

In addition to his foundation which assists educating school children about animal cruelty, and providing school supplies, some sources believe he has donated nearly $30M to charities over the span of his NFL career. $1M of which was donated to the Animal Hospital Foundation of America.

He will get along just fine with any animal lovers in the locker room.

PR moves are PR moves.

Team Vick Foundation offers sports programs that are strategically designed to challenge young people while also providing fundamental team building and character building skills. Our programs address many of the issues that plague young people including peer pressure. We prepare students for excellence in sports and beyond by helping them reach their full potential and achieving their dreams. We help children believe in themselves while instilling character-building qualities such as hard work, team building and discipline. The purpose of the charitable programs and special events of the organization is to generate awareness and resources with a focus on promoting educational, athletic, health, social and community service programs with a particular focus on youth and communities in need of hope and encouragement. The Team Vick Foundation offers year-round programs and support for those in need of it most.

Archived