The official "i wont root for the jets as long as vick is on the team" thread (merged)

ECURB

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a lot easier in this world to be forgiving....just my .02 cents. 

Yes, but why should humans forgive another human for harming animals?  At least human beings can defend themselves from abuse, sometimes. 

Neither is Vick.

There are categories of evil.  Vick is in one of the worst ones.  This whole "You're no better than Vick" stuff is ridiculous.

Yes, but why should humans forgive another human for harming animals?  At least human beings can defend themselves from abuse, sometimes. 

There are categories of evil.  Vick is in one of the worst ones.  This whole "You're no better than Vick" stuff is ridiculous.

Not sure what that has to do with you not being perfect, just like Mike Vick...but okay.

Because people forgive? I dont know. He did his time, his cleaned up his act. His brother's a way bigger potential harm to society than he is.

Because people forgive? I dont know. He did his time, his cleaned up his act. His brother's a way bigger potential harm to society than he is.

First, he didn't actually do his time for the crimes he committed.    He was convicted of interstate gambling and didn't serve a single day of Va state prison time for actually torturing and killing the dogs.....which is interesting because he admitted to torturing and killing the dogs.   In fact, in his federal allocution he admitted to violating numerous state laws but was never charged.  

Let's also not forget that Vick knowingly gave Herpes to at least 1 unwitting woman while he was in ATL.    The whole Ron Mexico fiasco is almost as bad as torturing and killing the dogs.    Almost, but not quite.  

First, he didn't actually do his time for the crimes he committed.    He was convicted of interstate gambling and didn't serve a single day of Va state prison time for actually torturing and killing the dogs.....which is interesting because he admitted to torturing and killing the dogs.   In fact, in his federal allocution he admitted to violating numerous state laws but was never charged.  

Let's also not forget that Vick knowingly gave Herpes to at least 1 unwitting woman while he was in ATL.    The whole Ron Mexico fiasco is almost as bad as torturing and killing the dogs.    Almost, but not quite.  

So what would be sufficient for you? He throws on an orange jumpsuit tomorrow, applies handcuffs, walks himself to Attica and requests the electric chair?

Yeah, he and his brother have both been trash as human beings.  Just seems to me like neither deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, he and his brother have both been trash as human beings.  Just seems to me like neither deserve the benefit of the doubt.

i would argue that the eagles gave vick the benefit of the doubt, the jets are giving him the benefit of him being a good citizen in philly for several years.

I said I was not going to come back and bitch about Vick again, after all of my ranting.

Although, I did just want to quickly come by just to laugh.  Before Vick was signed, I try to rally the troops and have my fellow Jet fans speak out against signing Vick.  Of course, I got harrassed here and was told there would be no circus.  I presented evidence to the contrary ( i.e. a thousand person protest just last month), and was laughed at.

Now, Vick is signed and as angry as I got, the reaction is cracking me up, cracking me up because you guys asked for it and denied the inevitable.

I saw this site blow up, saw Jetnation even have to post an article about it ( although the article did not say anything other than ticket sales remained the same with the Eagles).  Saw someone post a thread that he is sick of it.

I saw an article in the Post about it.  the headlines even joking about the Jets and Kennels, etc.

Facebook is blowing up.  Take a look at the official NY Jets page, thousands of people posting about it ( 1,319 as of now)  People making pages about boycotting the Jets.  People planning protests at games

The same on the Star Ledger website and other sites as well, like the NY Daily News.

Before the signing, I asked my fellow fans on here, if they want the headlines to be about the Jets and not about Vick and dogs, and I was laughed at on here.  In a small way, I am now doing the laughing.

Sure would have been better for everyone involved if the headlines were about Matt Schaub and only his football numbers, wouldn't it?

I said I was not going to come back and bitch about Vick again, after all of my ranting.

Although, I did just want to quickly come by just to laugh.  Before Vick was signed, I try to rally the troops and have my fellow Jet fans speak out against signing Vick.  Of course, I got harrassed here and was told there would be no circus.  I presented evidence to the contrary ( i.e. a thousand person protest just last month), and was laughed at.

Now, Vick is signed and as angry as I got, the reaction is cracking me up, cracking me up because you guys asked for it and denied the inevitable.

I saw this site blow up, saw Jetnation even have to post an article about it ( although the article did not say anything other than ticket sales remained the same with the Eagles).  Saw someone post a thread that he is sick of it.

I saw an article in the Post about it.  the headlines even joking about the Jets and Kennels, etc.

Facebook is blowing up.  Take a look at the official NY Jets page, thousands of people posting about it ( 1,319 as of now)  People making pages about boycotting the Jets.  People planning protests at games

The same on the Star Ledger website and other sites as well, like the NY Daily News.

Before the signing, I asked my fellow fans on here, if they want the headlines to be about the Jets and not about Vick and dogs, and I was laughed at on here.  In a small way, I am now doing the laughing.

Sure would have been better for everyone involved if the headlines were about Matt Schaub and only his football numbers, wouldn't it?

congrats, give yourself a bone. you are the fred phelps of jets messageboards

I went by the Facebook page and it looked like the 4 Non Blondes fan page.

Got to love it when posters make multiple farewell speeches.  Particularly when I don't have a clue who they are

Yessssssssssss.... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Anybody who wants these non PSL seats, they're now available for the taking! 

OVER AND OUT!!!

This email is a follow-up to our conversation today, 3/24/14. Per our conversation, you will be dropping your seats as a Jets season ticket holder. The seat locations being dropped from your account today are:

SECTION 326, ROW 9, SEAT(S) 5-8

On behalf of the entire New York Jets organization, I would like to thank you for being a season ticket holder and joining us at MetLife Stadium.  We truly hope that you will reconsider and join us this season.

Please feel free to contact me anytime if I can be of any assistance or if you do reconsider and would like to review seat availability.

I hope to hear from you soon. Go Jets!

Gotta give you props for your dedication.

Unfortunately for your cause the only bad things I've heard about this have come from this board and this thread in particular.  No one at work, none of my friends, neither of my brothers, etc has even brought up the Jets signing Vick.  And I'm the only Jet fan in my circles so I'm always the go to guy for getting my balls busted any time Jet news comes out.

The average football fan simply doesn't care.

Interesting, Giants sign a player who was involved in abusing a teammate in Miami and no one says a word. Abuse cute little doggies , serve your time, be a model citizen, do charity work etc and 5 years later people still will go on and on hating and not being able to forgive.

Abuse a human, no one cares

Interesting, Giants sign a player who was involved in abusing a teammate in Miami and no one says a word. Abuse cute little doggies , serve your time, be a model citizen, do charity work etc and 5 years later people still will go on and on hating and not being able to forgive.

Abuse a human, no one cares

You are actually equating teasing someone with sadistically torturing and killing dogs?

You are actually equating teasing someone with sadistically torturing and killing dogs?

I call crusher fat, clearly that puts me in the same ball park of evil as this

• According to some testimony, Vick threw family dogs into the pit with the fighters and laughed while they were mauled.
  • Dogs that couldn’t cut it were beaten and hung.
  • Jumper cables were attached to ears of underperforming dogs, the other end was attached to the terminals of car batteries before the dogs were tossed into the water. Those dogs scratched and clawed to try to escape. What a horrible way to die.
  • Around 50 live dogs were found on his Virginia property…many more were already dead and buried after time served in his hell hole.

•  

That you think what happened in Miami was teasing says we should stop

What happened in Miami was you had an overly sensitive guy teamed with an overly aggressive guy.

Incognito is an a$$hole with clear anger management issues.

Did you read some of the things that Vick was accused of? He threw family dogs in a pit with fighting dogs and laughed as they got torn to shreds. He attached car batteries to dogs ears and threw then in a kiddie pool.

Vick makes what Incognito did look mild and tame.

MARCH 25, 2014 5:21 PM

New Jets QB Michael Vick: 'I feel like I'm a legitimate starting quarterback in this league.'

BY MANISH MEHTA

Michael Vick’s top priority with his new team is evident: Win the starting quarterback job.

The four-time Pro Bowler may be a willing mentor to Geno Smith, but he’s not going to quietly recede into the background.

"I feel like I'm a legitimate starting quarterback in this league,” Vick said on SNY’s Daily News Live on Tuesday. “I feel like I can compete with the best of them. I feel like I can win football games. Yes, I'm not saying it out of arrogance, just with some mojo. I'm confident in my abilities and I could lead a football team.”

Vick, 33, said that he’s not concerned about how a quarterback controversy could hurt Smith’s development, either.

"I don't think I should try to prevent that situation from happening because there's going to be bigger situations in Geno's career that's going to have to manifest,” Vick said. “Being in a quarterback competition with a guy that as he said ‘looked up to' and would enjoy competing with every day, it's not a pressure situation. The pressure comes when you have to go out there and win football games.”

NOTE:

Vick on former Eagles teammate DeSean Jackson, who has been subject to recent trade talk. 

"I think sometimes it takes a change in your life to understand really what needs to happen, and the course that needs to be set,” Vick said. “Maybe it's time for a change for DeSean to help him understand the maturation process of his young NFL life and his personal life. Whatever happens, I will continue to be a great friend to him and try to help him as much as I can mentor-wise so he doesn't have to go through any situations that may be detrimental to his life."

Archived