Matt Simms is still the best QB on the roster IMO

CobraVerde

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoy him while you still have the time. JETS go to season with 2 QBs.

This is what I think.

Boyd not seeing any action at all could be telling. They could already be looking to stash him on the practice squad, purposely not playing him in the preseason just in case he has any Brett Ratliff moments that might draw another team's attention.

Having a backup who can actually play instead of a Brunell, Garrard, or Tebow, reduces the need for a third string QB on the roster.

Vick is the top dog dude.

Vick did more with his legs than his arm. Geno has to be the guy or it's start over time. I doubt Simms will get a fair shot at the job. Vick has more leadership ability than Geno, but I think Geno has upside whereas we know what Vick can do, and it isn't enough. If Geno fails it will be a long season of rotating QB's and will end with Rex on the chopping block. In a losing season THAT would be my upside.

Matt Simms big arm is one mythological load.  It's like the alligators in the sewer system.  I hear about it all the time, but I have never witnessed it.  Neither has anybody that I know.

when he got some time last year all he did was dump it off. He blows.

Matt Simms big arm is one mythological load.  It's like the alligators in the sewer system.  I hear about it all the time, but I have never witnessed it.  Neither has anybody that I know. 

Even short passes, he throws lasers. There is also that infamous gif of him throwing it over 60 yards in camp from a couple of years ago.

This is what I think.

Boyd not seeing any action at all could be telling. They could already be looking to stash him on the practice squad, purposely not playing him in the preseason just in case he has any Brett Ratliff moments that might draw another team's attention.

Having a backup who can actually play instead of a Brunell, Garrard, or Tebow, reduces the need for a third string QB on the roster.

Who gets that roster spot? A WR?

This is what I think.

And added to that is we have some depth at the bottom end of the RB's and WR's  roster.

May allow us to keep an additonal player at these positions for depth, specially at the RB position where Ivory, Johnson have history of injuries and Powell is injured as well.

Archived