Rex anger is directed at the players who don’t sign, not Idzik LOLLERCOPTER CIRCUS NUTS!!!

Integrity28

Ryan says his free-agency anger is directed at the players who don’t sign, not Idzik
Posted by Mike Florio on March 20, 2014, 9:52 PM EDT
rex.jpg?w=238AP

The Jets recently have launched a media blitz, aimed at calming down a fan base that is concerned about the lack of activity in free agency, particularly at the cornerback position.

In addition to a conference call with reporters, coach Rex Ryan appeared on SNY-TV’s Daily News Live.  Ryan addressed, among other things, the question of whether he’s miffed at G.M. John Idzik for moving too slowly in free agency.

I’m an emotional guy,” Ryan said.  “I take it personally when somebody doesn’t sign with us, and they were in the building and chose to go somewhere else.  I’m upset with that player or that individual.  But I’ve never been upset with John.  Sometimes you swing and you miss, and sometimes guys aren’t a good fit for you.  But when a player signs somewhere else, he’s — you know that old saying, ‘He’s dead to me’ — that’s pretty much it.”

Ryan reiterated that, through all the moves made and not made, he and Idzik remain in harmony.

“100 percent on the same page,” Ryan said of his relationship with Idzik.  “It’s foolish to actually think we’re not on the same page.  It’s the exact opposite of that.”

They’re apparently on the same page regarding the pursuit of quarterback Mike Vick, who’ll visit the team Friday.  It remains to be seen whether he becomes a Jet, or whether he’ll join the ranks of players who are dead to Rex Ryan.

Literally, he has two redeeming factors as a head coach. 1) He knows how to coach a top 5-10 defense in the NFL  year in and year out. 2) The players like playing for him.

That's it. He has an antiquated thought process about how to build an offense and he's learned that he has to delegate that part of the team to an experienced coach. He's a buffoon and a loudmouth and a blowhard. The worst part about it is that he's neutered with Idzik so he's a company man through and through cause he wants to keep his job. He's not even saying genuine sh*t anymore like he did when Tannenbaum was here.

Literally, he has two redeeming factors as a head coach. 1) He knows how to coach a top 5-10 defense in the NFL year in and year out. 2) The players like playing for him.

That's it. He has an antiquated thought process about how to build an offense and he's learned that he has to delegate that part of the team to an experienced coach. He's a buffoon and a loudmouth and a blowhard. The worst part about it is that he's neutered with Idzik so he's a company man through and through cause he wants to keep his job. He's not even saying genuine sh*t anymore like he did when Tannenbaum was here.

The majority of his critics told him to tone down his boisterous, prophecizing attitude and when he does, he gets ridiculed for toeing the company line. Ya can't please everyone.

"We're absolutely on the same page," Ryan said, adding, "we went into the off-season with one distinct agenda: do not overspend. Now, the team is not any better than it was last year, true. But the fact that we didn't overspend? That's a feeling far greater than hoisting the Lombardi."

If we actually get DJax, Rex will have to keep a close eye on that locker room. I seem to recall another diva WR, frustrated with his lack of targets/catches, causing problems for a young QB. 

I agree with the OP,..this flew under the radar cuz of the Vick-Desean stuff but it's one of the dumbest things Rex has ever said, and as we know that's a high standard he's set,..this is why Manish owns us, he writes a gossip TMZ article and our bafoon franchise holds a conference call and feeds into it,.giving Manish more credibility instead of taking a giant crap on him. Look no further than Phil Jackson who took all of 30 seconds to slap down Isola and the NYDN and put them out of the Knicks=TMZ business , it's stunning how badly they handle things like this.

To be top five in the NFL at what he does. Woody is a horrible owner, Idzik is an unproven GM, smith is unproven as a QB. Along with HC, those are the most important parts of a team by far.

The reason this conference call was held is because this top 5 defensive genius mastermind you speak of is crying to people that he just can't function with two #1 picks at corner...both of which he had a huge say in drafting.

The reason this conference call was held is because this top 5 defensive genius mastermind you speak of is crying to people that he just can't function with two #1 picks at corner...both of which he had a huge say in drafting.

The conference call was idiotic, but I'm quite certain this was the PR guys who called t, not Rex.

Who ******* cares what Rex thinks about the roster? The moron had the run of the house for four years and drove the team into the ground.

Very true, prior to Rex we were one of the most respected and winningish franchises around, now he's tarnished that forever. #thanksWrecks

To be top five in the NFL at what he does. Woody is a horrible owner, Idzik is an unproven GM, smith is unproven as a QB. Along with HC, those are the most important parts of a team by far.

Top 5 in "players want to play for him" (except when they all sign elsewhere and Rex gets mad at them, not Idzik)?

or

Top 5 in "motivating" (while simultaneously losing the team)?

or

Top 5 in press conference entertainment?

or 

Top 5 at kissing Belli's rings?

Top 5 in "players want to play for him" (except when they all sign elsewhere and Rex gets mad at them, not Idzik)?

or

Top 5 in "motivating" (while simultaneously losing the team)?

or

Top 5 in press conference entertainment?

or

Top 5 at kissing Belli's rings?

Shrugs.

When I make a list of HCs in the NFL, and look at what they have done with their respective rosters, I have Rex in the top 3. And I am hard pressed to not have him 1.

Look at the dog crap he has had since taking over this team. To me it's very impressive and think if he got some real talent to work with he would win multiple SBs

Shrugs.

When I make a list of HCs in the NFL, and look at what they have done with their respective rosters, I have Rex in the top 3. And I am hard pressed to not have him 1.

Look at the dog crap he has had since taking over this team. To me it's very impressive and think if he got some real talent to work with he would win multiple SBs

Rex is responsible for the dog crap rosters,..he had total control of all personel moves and then went it went wrong he used his unexplained mind control over Woody Johnson to convince him it was all Tanny.

Shrugs.

Fair enough, I know and agree that Rex is a good coach. 

Best in the league is laughable, but there's no argument that he's had a horrible roster most of his tenure with the Jets. The other side of that statement is that he also played a big role in influencing how Tanny built the roster, and an even bigger role in totally effing up Sanchez's development as a legit QB. When you consider everything a coach is responsible beyond the scope of getting the defense to play great, he's average at best, and in some departments he's downright awful.

Rex is in a tough spot.  It's not like he's  coming off a SB win and has some pull.  He's still on thin ice, he can see some top needs being ignored, so he has to say he's thrilled about it.

Fair enough, I know and agree that Rex is a good coach.

Best in the league is laughable, but there's no argument that he's had a horrible roster most of his tenure with the Jets. The other side of that statement is that he also played a big role in influencing how Tanny built the roster, and an even bigger role in totally effing up Sanchez's development as a legit QB. When you consider everything a coach is responsible beyond the scope of getting the defense to play great, he's average at best, and in some departments he's downright awful.

I don't know how much he was a part of building the roster with Tanny because the Jets never really make that clear. I don't really factor it in anyway because he is the HC and not the GM.

I really cannot think of a HC who has done anything close to what Rex has done with the garbage Rex has had to work with. He has some flaws, but who does not, and he learns from his mistakes. The guy is a great coach and we are lucky to have him.

Literally, he has two redeeming factors as a head coach. 1) He knows how to coach a top 5-10 defense in the NFL  year in and year out. 2) The players like playing for him.

So what that Rex is a loudmouth. It's simply entertaining to me. The one valid point you make is how he tries to run an offense. The ground and pound doesn't really work well, especially if you have a defense that doesn't produce a lot of take aways. He is learning how to delegate, and I think he's even learning that you generally need to score more than 7 - 10 points per game in order to win.

Archived