The Positive and/or Respectful Objection Thread (that wont get locked)

SouthernJet

6 so all rex has to do is change the face color of his tattoo of his wife on his shoulder

I want you to know that I switched from the mobile version to the desktop version on my phone just to rep this comment. I love it.

I seriously believe that Geno is going to rise and beat out Vick.  Then with the WR, G and TE we land in the draft our offense is going to be able to score some serious points. 

It's gonna be spectacular.  

I seriously believe that Geno is going to rise and beat out Vick.  Then with the WR, G and TE we land in the draft our offense is going to be able to score some serious points. 

It's gonna be spectacular.  

By signing him to a one year deal, I'm more than positive that's the scenario the organization is not only rooting for, but envisions. Additionally, a stat that is overlooked about us last season: we were 7-1 when scoring over 20 points. I've said it a for a while, but the biggest thing that will help us make the playoffs next year is not another #1 CB, but it's Geno and this offense taking a step forward. If he does that, we're making the playoffs. 

By signing him to a one year deal, I'm more than positive that's the scenario the organization is not only rooting for, but envisions. Additionally, a stat that is overlooked about us last season: we were 7-1 when scoring over 20 points. I've said it a for a while, but the biggest thing that will help us make the playoffs next year is not another #1 CB, but it's Geno and this offense taking a step forward. If he does that, we're making the playoffs. 

Agreed. We will get another CB before all is said and done. Whether that is via trade or draft or someone's June cuts or whatever it will happen. Rex, who is not as "reliant" on any specific style of player as it is talked about in the press, will figure out how to make our Defense solid no matter who the players are. Our D line is already stout by the way. 

Our biggest problem since Rex has been here has been offense. We are focusing there. Back up QB has been something people have complained about since Sanchez wiped his boogs on Brunnel's shoulder in a game. Vick is EXACTLY what everyone wanted here. A quality backup QB who can come in and win a game if the starter gets injured or really sh*ts the bed.

I understand that people don't like him personally, but truth be told I am a HUGE believer in reclamation of the human species.  He did serious time, not a slap on the wrist for being famous, and has been a model citizen and teammate for the past 5 years. He's made good to me. 

I like the signing, although preferred Schaub, and am happy to see Sanchez go. 

I believe Geno takes a big step this season with having real weapons around him and hope the Jets continue to add them for him.

Vic will be the starter.....how picks will geno make before he gets pulled....how much patience do you have....none. Get a real QB who can throw the friggin ball….I

I'm really looking forward to seeing Geno progress and think he should surely get more than one season. Especially one where we signed WR's off of  the street throughout the season to be our starters. It wasn't exactly a great year as far as continuity was concerned. To say that he showed no progress would be missing the mark  (no pun intended)  in my opinion. 

His worst weeks were when Kerley and Cumberland were hurt which were the only guys he had built any relationship with. 

Even when he relied on Winslow early in the season he got suspended. It was a tough year where he looked foolish at times and he looked really good at other times. He ended the year on a positive month.

Vick took the 1 yr. $5 mil because he wasn't going to sign a 3 yr. $15 mil contract with $8 mil guaranteed to be a Back up. He's out for 1 last Big contract and figures playing for Marty in an offense he's familiar with will help him do that. This man is going to start! No way he loses out to Geno.

When Geno proves he can't beat out a 37 yr.old Vick, the Jets will realize that 2015 will mean a high rd. QB pick They can re-sign Vick for more $ or let him get a bigger contract elsewhere if he plays well this yr and hope Geno matures into a serviceable QB in 2015 or beyond.

Would not surprise me if Idzik would have preferred a longer term "cheap" deal.

Vick took the 1 yr. $5 mil because he wasn't going to sign a 3 yr. $15 mil contract with $8 mil guaranteed to be a Back up. He's out for 1 last Big contract and figures playing for Marty in an offense he's familiar with will help him do that. This man is going to start! No way he loses out to Geno.

When Geno proves he can't beat out a 37 yr.old Vick, the Jets will realize that 2015 will mean a high rd. QB pick They can re-sign Vick for more $ or let him get a bigger contract elsewhere if he plays well this yr and hope Geno matures into a serviceable QB in 2015 or beyond.

Would not surprise me if Idzik would have preferred a longer term "cheap" deal.

Sorry, but I disagree. I don't see any way that Vick starts, unless Geno completely sh*ts the bed or Vick has some magic left in him.  The front office realizes that the best course of action for the franchise is Geno winning the starting job, not handing it over to a stop-gap, but they have to have that option in case the former happens.  We obviously won't know until training camp and the season starts, but I stand firm behind the notion that Geno improved drastically since week 1 and will put forth a solid sophomore season. 

Sorry, but I disagree. I don't see any way that Vick starts, unless Geno completely sh*ts the bed or Vick has some magic left in him.  The front office realizes that the best course of action for the franchise is Geno winning the starting job, not handing it over to a stop-gap, but they have to have that option in case the former happens.  We obviously won't know until training camp and the season starts, but I stand firm behind the notion that Geno improved drastically since week 1 and will put forth a solid sophomore season. 

Vick is an astounding athlete. When he went for his physical, the Dr.'s stated it's been a long time since anyone as healthy as him came through the doors. He is motivated.... when you lose $100 million, and you're playing for that last contract, you're ALL in.

I believe Vick will surprise. We'll find out once camp starts. Maybe Geno finds his magic too, and we finally get a QB competition.

Vick is an astounding athlete. When he went for his physical, the Dr.'s stated it's been a long time since anyone as healthy as him came through the doors. He is motivated.... when you lose $100 million, and you're playing for that last contract, you're ALL in.

I believe Vick will surprise. We'll find out once camp starts. Maybe Geno finds his magic too, and we finally get a QB competition.

Vick was playing for his last contract these last two years and that didn't stop him from playing poorly.  He had that one great year and it was followed by injuries and mediocre - poor play. As a starting QB I don't like or trust him, but as a backup QB, I think he's quite solid. Again, those are just my feelings on the matter, things might very easily go the way you're saying.

Archived