Are you really boycotting the team because of Vick?

Maxman

I am being serious here, I would like people to go on record.  If you are one of the Jets fans that are boycotting the team please post in here and explain what that means exactly.  I would prefer to not get into all the reasons why, Vick did really bad things.  Terrible things.  

What I am looking for here is the fans who say they are boycotting the team to chime in.  Specifically:

• What does that mean?  Will you not go to games in person?  
  • Will you not watch the Jets on TV?
  • Will you not purchase Jets merchandise?

Any other thoughts on what the boycott means?  Oh and how long will this boycott last?  Forever or until Vick is off the team?

Thanks!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's a complete waste of money and a roster spot but at least Sanchez is gone. It would also be nice if they could sign someone worth signing that doesn't create a circus. Like Tebow and Vick. It's quickly getting old and I've been out of NY for over 20 years so sooner or later I might start following another team. Just not the Fins I ******* hate them.

I think it's a complete waste of money and a roster spot but at least Sanchez is gone. It would also be nice if they could sign someone worth signing that doesn't create a circus. Like Tebow and Vick. It's quickly getting old and I've been out of NY for over 20 years so sooner or later I might start following another team. Just not the Fins I ******* hate them.

The Vick circus is entirely overstated....save a few loons outside the stadium, it was relatively quiet with Vick and the Eagles while he was there. Foles took his job and no one cared.

The Vick circus is entirely overstated....save a few loons outside the stadium, it was relatively quiet with Vick and the Eagles while he was there. Foles took his job and no one cared.

I'm not even talking about his personal life. He's a dick bag but so is half the NFL. He just took it over the top with his Jeffery Dahmer home schooling course so it's a little worse. I'm more angry that they keep bringing in useless players and has beens and the overreacting fan base.

I'm not even talking about his personal life. He's a dick bag but so is half the NFL. He just took it over the top with his Jeffery Dahmer home schooling course so it's a little worse. I'm more angry that they keep bringing in useless players and has beens and the overreacting fan base.

He's a backup though...who's also good enough to have an open competition with. Unlike the charade with Sanchez last summer. Isn't that we've been begging for- a real veteran to push the younger QB? Not Mark Brunell or Chris Simms.

He's a backup though...who's also good enough to have an open competition with. Unlike the charade with Sanchez last summer. Isn't that we've been begging for- a real veteran to push the younger QB? Not Mark Brunell or Chris Simms.

An old 5 million dollar backup that sucks as a QB and can't stay healthy. We still haven't brought in a true starter.

Hell no.  Granted, I see almost no redeeming value in this move (outside of it allowing the Jets to move on from Sanchez), as forgetting his well-noted track record as a person, he's also not a particularly good football player.  That said, the Jets have had a variety of different scumbags and even more awful football players on their roster of the years, so why is that suddenly going to make a difference now?  I hope to never see Vick on the field, but if he does eventually get there, it's not going to come close to stopping me from watching the team.

I'd guess that at least 90% of those who are claiming to be planning these alleged boycotts now won't stick by that in 5 months from now, especially if Vick isn't even the starter.

How is this over analyzing?  I simply want people to go on record.  Because some people are making VERY BIG statements right now.  Just wanted to clarify.

It's just unlikely that you will be able to get anything statistically valid or projectable at this moment with the progesterone-fueled overreactions in full swing.

Vick might be the most outwardly heinous person the Jets ever signed, but no, I will not be boycotting. However, it does give me a lot of pause to think about just what type of person the Jets have just brought into the fold. I believe in second chances, but will reserve further judgment until I see him making charitable and community appearances. If he is a good teammate and nothing else, that probably also works for me. If he becomes a nuisance, I'll probably be very disappointed.

I've tried in the past. This is it! No more Jets merchandise until X is done! Never works. Really. And it sucks because I'd love to say that Woody Johnson won't be getting another dime of mine until Vick, who is a piece of human trash, is off the team. But...I just know it's not true. I don't have that type of willpower. I'll be on Eastbay and something will be on sale and I'll have to buy it because I'm a big pussy. As Louis CK has said, I have a ton of beliefs and live by none of them. It really is sad. And that says a hell of a lot more about me than someone who actually has the balls to stand by their convictions. The fact that a few assholes on this site are using their free time to ridicule someone who's upset about a perfectly reasonable thing to be upset about is ******* beyond me.

<p>

I am being serious here, I would like people to go on record. If you are one of the Jets fans that are boycotting the team please post in here and explain what that means exactly. I would prefer to not get into all the reasons why, Vick did really bad things. Terrible things.

What I am looking for here is the fans who say they are boycotting the team to chime in. Specifically:

• What does that mean? Will you not go to games in person?
  • Will you not watch the Jets on TV?
  • Will you not purchase Jets merchandise?

Any other thoughts on what the boycott means? Oh and how long will this boycott last? Forever or until Vick is off the team?

Thanks!

AcupuntureJeff, dmaynard and warfish are all on record with some clear explanation if you want to copy into here

I already post don this.  I despise him and what he did and connote see how something like that can be forgiven,  Yes, he did his time, but itt wasn't MY time.  My time is forever.  Having said that, I will always root for my team.

Archived