Back To Cortland

flgreen

NY Jets training camp will return to SUNY-Cortland Jets decision-makers ultimately believed that Cortland’s secluded locale offered the best team bonding experience that Rex Ryan and others coveted.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Monday, March 24, 2014, 2:12 AM
  •  

SHARE THIS URL
jetbox24s-2-web.jpgROBERT SABO/NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

SUNY-Cortland will once again be the training camp grounds for the Jets.

The Daily News has learned that the Jets will return to SUNY-Cortland for training camp this summer after exploring other options during the past several months. The Jets announced in January that they would review alternate sites during what amounted to an option year for the club.

General manager John Idzik said at the time the organization wanted “to perform our due diligence to ensure we have the best possible environment for our camp.”

Jets decision-makers ultimately believed that Cortland’s secluded locale offered the best team bonding experience that Rex Ryan and others coveted.

The Jets have held camp in Cortland every year since Ryan took over in 2009 except for the lockout season (2011) when they stayed home in New Jersey.

Good for upstate NY- they can use the added revenues

The whole city of Cortland does a great job welcoming the JETS, and the Facility is first class with easy access to the training fields. The local bars and Restaurants, like Dougs Fish Fry (awesome greasy fish , and great beer), The Red Dragon, Hobeaus, The Stone Lounge, The Dark Horse, Gators etc. love having the Jets and all the Golf Courses like Walden Oaks, Willowbrook, the Cortland Country Club, Elm Tree, Stonehedges etc. will love having them back. The net gain for the city and businesses is between 3-5 million dollars. Thanks to Woody and Idzik for bringing the Jets back to the Finger Lakes region of NY in mid-summer.

The whole city of Cortland does a great job welcoming the JETS, and the Facility is first class with easy access to the training fields. The local bars and Restaurants, like Dougs Fish Fry (awesome greasy fish , and great beer), The Red Dragon, Hobeaus, The Stone Lounge, The Dark Horse, Gators etc. love having the Jets and all the Golf Courses like Walden Oaks, Willowbrook, the Cortland Country Club, Elm Tree, Stonehedges etc. will love having them back. The net gain for the city and businesses is between 3-5 million dollars. Thanks to Woody and Idzik for bringing the Jets back to the Finger Lakes region of NY in mid-summer.

The Econolodge is second to none...finest resort in Cortland.

The Econolodge is second to none...finest resort in Cortland.

Yeah, right across the street, so easy access to the facility and easy walking distance to Doug's Fish Fry. Last year, at our Golf course, we got a lot of the so called "extras", like administration that accompanies the Jets, but we didn't get any players. Hope that changes this year.

Please talk about food and beer more often.

The land of T0mShane, Pac, and joewillie78. 'Nuff said.

whoa, say what?!

I live in Rochester ya hippie.  That's like comparing Monte Carlo to Casper, Wyoming.

My ladyfriends brother lives in Cortland so I've had to go there a handful of times over the years.  Upon arrival I feel as if I've gone through a time warp and wound up in Hill Valley, 1956.  I keep expecting to bump into George McFly.

Yeah I hear the parties you and Slats throw at dive bars in West Babylon are legendary.

Long Island is disgusting. It's like a garbage barge run aground. Its sole redeeming feature is that global warming will soon return it to the sea.

Long Island is disgusting. It's like a garbage barge run aground. Its sole redeeming feature is that global warming will soon return it to the sea.

so it's the Jacksonville of the North East.

Yeah, enjoy your toothless women. I'm living the dream down here. :D

The land of T0mShane, Pac, and joewillie78. 'Nuff said.

I'll take that as a compliment.

The Finger Lakes region here in upstate NY, and even Cortland (as opposed to what Pac states), is about the best place you can spend a Spring/ Summer/Fall. The weather is great (although it was 7 degrees this morning), the Wineries and breweries are amazing, the GOLF is tremendous, and having the Jets the last part of July and early August is a bonus.

Archived