Vick can make it look SOOOOOO easy!

eboozer

Hill, certainly, doesn't make that catch!! Full extension, flat out.... thing of beauty.

Did you see that extra gear DeSean had in the last 15 yards of his route to catch up to that ball?! Unreal!

What's his TD to turnover ratio over the past 3 years, factoring in rushing TDs and fumbles? Not so good, I suspect.

It's ALL about what can you do for me NOW!! He sucks in camp.... he sits. He lights it up.... he starts.

It's ALL about what can you do for me NOW!! He sucks in camp.... he sits. He lights it up.... he starts.

QBs on the wrong side of 33 don't tend to improve.

The bottom line is we are paying this guy to be a backup and mentor to Geno. 

If Michael Vick takes a single snap in a meaningful game for the Jets it's a bad thing. It means either Geno isn't getting the job done or is injured. 

Well there wasn't anyone out there that would have been noticeably better anyway, so I guess I agree on that part.

I do hope Geno beats him out though, not just b/c of a personal thing I have against Vick but also b/c if Vick beats Geno out then that means we need to draft a 1st round QB again in 2015.

Well there wasn't anyone out there that would have been noticeably better anyway, so I guess I agree on that part.

I do hope Geno beats him out though, not just b/c of a personal thing I have against Vick but also b/c if Vick beats Geno out then that means we need to draft a 1st round QB again in 2015.

Agreed! Hope Geno steps up his game and wins it outright.

Still would like to get DeSean, though.

QBs on the wrong side of 33 don't tend to improve.

The bottom line is we are paying this guy to be a backup and mentor to Geno. 

If Michael Vick takes a single snap in a meaningful game for the Jets it's a bad thing. It means either Geno isn't getting the job done or is injured. 

The problem is, the first time Geno throws a pick or the Jets lose a game people will be calling for Vick.

Tebow, Vick it doesn't matter.

When you have 2 QB's you really have none.

The problem is, the first time Geno throws a pick or the Jets lose a game people will be calling for Vick.

Tebow, Vick it doesn't matter.

When you have 2 QB's you really have none.

I don't know about that. We've had how many people on this site saying they were going to boycott the Jets because of Vick? Does that happen with any other QB? I'm not so sure there will be a huge clamor for Vick if Geno clearly beats him out for the starting job. 

At that point, he's the dog killing back up who couldn't beat out Geno Smith. Not exactly someone people will be clamoring to see. 

If this works out, it might just be a brilliant move by Idzik. 

Vick is at a point in his career where Geno should be able to beat him out. But because of Vick's reputation, that feat will seem more impressive than it really is, functioning as confidence booster for Geno and the fanbase while relegating Vick to being the guy who couldn't beat out the 37th best QB in the 2013 NFL.

then there is this

And this

I don't know about the 2nd Gif, vs. GB? How much time was left? What was the down and distance? Look, I could come up with 39 TD plays, you could come up with 38 TO's.... it's all going to come down to TC.

Edge to Vick if DJ is a Jet.... they's got "MOJO!"

A scoring Jet team is unheard of. Getting Jackson here could change that. oh man I don't want to get too excited. History says this will never happen 

Our luck has to change sometime??...... Right?

This is the Century of Idzik! No worries!

A scoring Jet team is unheard of. Getting Jackson here could change that. oh man I don't want to get too excited. History says this will never happen 

You know, it never made sense to me that the Jets should be known for 'ground and pound' and defense.

Of all the teams in the NFL, the one with the nickname that denotes having a potent air attack, it's the JETS 

You know, it never made sense to me that the Jets should be known for 'ground and pound' and defense.

Of all the teams in the NFL, the one with the nickname that denotes having a potent air attack, it's the JETS

Ground and dog pound now.

35 Passing TD, 4 Rushing TD

27 INT, 11 fumbles lost

39 TD/38 turnovers

I'm not excited. 

You should be drinking the kool aid like the rest of them.  The best part of vick is when he's running around and gets strip sacked.  he's very good at that. 

Hasn't won a playoff game in 10 years.... May as well start now....

He peaked in his rookie year when he beat Favre in Lambeau.

I think most of these Jet "fans" played w/ vick a lot on Madden and they think that's realistic.

You should be drinking the kool aid like the rest of them.  The best part of vick is when he's running around and gets strip sacked.  he's very good at that. 

Hasn't won a playoff game in 10 years.... May as well start now....

He peaked in his rookie year when he beat Favre in Lambeau.

I think most of these Jet "fans" played w/ vick a lot on Madden and they think that's realistic.

Dude, I get it. You love the Jets but hate everything they do. 

Dude, I get it. You love the Jets but hate everything they do. 

No, I hate the fact they brought this piece of sh*t to my team that I've bled with for over 30 years....

I hate the fact when they are going thru a rebuild period they discuss quick fixes of washed up veterans.

They should've done this correctly.

1) Add a couple skill position players to help your qb.

2) Fix the defensive backfield b/c that was terrible last year.  The front 7 is dominant, but the long ball killed them.  Instead they are doing nothing.

3) Play Geno as he's already gone thru the toughest part of being a first year rookie... He should improve, but you don't bring in a distraction like they did.  You aren't winning anything w/ sh*thead.   He hasn't won a single playoff game in 10 years.  McCown was gotten on a 2 year deal. Would've been perfect fit. 

4) They can draft another rookie QB. 

5) Don't waste time w/ over the hill overweight rb's.

6) They have so much money under the cap, they could've signed a top flight corner who Rex relies on for his defensive scheme.

Idzik is doing a sh*tty job building this team & Woody is an incompetent fool himself.

You can't have a coach and gm w mixed agendas.  win now & build for the future... doesn't work.

Archived