Sanchez to sign with Eagles pending physical

NYJetsVets91

Wow... we literally traded Sanchez for Vick.

Per Schefter:

And @mortreport is reporting that, pending a physical, former Jets QB Mark Sanchez is expected to sign with the Eagles.

ESPN too:

Eagles to sign Mark Sanchez
Updated: March 24, 2014, 5:17 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

Mark Sanchez, who was released by the New York Jets on Friday, is expected to sign with the Philadelphia Eagles, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Sanchez is rehabbing from shoulder surgery and the Eagles will have him undergo a medical evaluation as a condition of his signing.

He would be the third quarterback on the Eagles' roster, behind starter Nick Foles and backup Matt Barkley.

The Jets on Friday announced the signing of former Eagles starter Michael Vick.

look on the bright side, even for those that think vick is washed up or never was, vick has less years of sucking ahead of him than sanchez. great trade!

If true he's not getting a sniff of first team play.

I feel like at this point he just wants to be on a roster and get paid... Probably gonna be a 1 year deal.

Always thought he would end up in St. Louis

Seemed like the most logical place he would go, and the only place left where he had a chance to start.

I think it's pretty gd funny that the Jets cant develop a QB for themselves but did come up with the guy most likely to have a Rich Gannon like arc to his career narrative.

All alright alright because Geno is going to arrive. Geno or Teddy Bridgewater. The scriptwriters can come up with something as to why Bridgewater falls.

Didn't see that one coming.  The Eagles must have no faith in Matt Barkley to get the job done, as I'd have to assume that Sanchez isn't going there to be the #3 guy.  Definitely thought he'd end up back with Schotty in St. Louis.

Per Schefter:

And @mortreport is reporting that, pending a physical, former Jets QB Mark Sanchez is expected to sign with the Eagles.

ESPN too:

Eagles to sign Mark Sanchez
Updated: March 24, 2014, 5:17 PM ET
ESPN.com news services

Mark Sanchez, who was released by the New York Jets on Friday, is expected to sign with the Philadelphia Eagles, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Sanchez is rehabbing from shoulder surgery and the Eagles will have him undergo a medical evaluation as a condition of his signing.

He would be the third quarterback on the Eagles' roster, behind starter Nick Foles and backup Matt Barkley.

The Jets on Friday announced the signing of former Eagles starter Michael Vick.

You know, it wasnt that long ago that Sanchez was house shopping in NYC,  now right after he's released he signs with Philly. I think the Eagles and Marks agents had some talks before his release. Seems to me that Mark knew he would not be that far out of the area. 

Archived