•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

John Idzik on Michael Kay & B&C: MERGED

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,830 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

John Idzik was a guest on the Michael Kay show.  He was asked about Darrelle Revis, DRC and the Jets "sketchy" situation at cornerback.  Here is the interview:

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#2 JetNation

JetNation

Transition Player

• Members
  • 5,962 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:00 PM

New York Jets General Manager John Idzik was a guest on the Michael Kay show. He was asked about Darrelle Revis, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie¬†and the Jets “sketchy” situation at cornerback. ¬†Here is the interview:

Here is a thread from our forums about John Idzik.

John Idzik

#3 T0mShane

T0mShane

When it's over, that's the time I fall in love againlolo

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:33 AM

Idzik was on with Boomer and Carton this morning. Pretty much what you'd expect--Carton asking stupid, vapid questions with no follow-ups, Idzik giving non-answers, with Boomer chiming in when there was no chance it'd jeopardize his cush job at CBS. Finished up by yukking it up over Disneyland jokes. Show is a waste.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#4 Lizard King

Lizard King

Oh sh*t We Suck Again

• Members
  • 5,657 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:35 AM

I think I caught about 80% of it, but essentially he said:

DRC was a guy they liked but not for that kind of money. Cro was a great jet but not for that kind of money. He also wanted him to get the best offer he could.

They were talking with Sanchez for weeks leading up to cutting him, all sides knew it was an option that he was possibly going to stay, but also knew that Vick was a real possibility. Wanted Sanchez in the plans if Vick wasn't available and all sides were well aware.

The draft is like Christmas with a dozen draft picks and he can't wait

The draft is where you build the club and free agency is where you fix short term needs. You don't over pay in FA.

trades are still very much a possibility like when they traded for Ivory before the draft.

The point of leaving some money unspent is to give the team flexibility. However he didn't say one way or the other how much he will leave unspent.

#5 Lizard King

Lizard King

Oh sh*t We Suck Again

• Members
  • 5,657 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:37 AM

Idzik was on with Boomer and Carton this morning. Pretty much what you'd expect--Carton asking stupid, vapid questions with no follow-ups, Idzik giving non-answers, with Boomer chiming in when there was no chance it'd jeopardize his cush job at CBS. Finished up by yukking it up over Disneyland jokes. Show is a waste.

Don't know exactly what else you expected them to ask. His philosophy is build through the draft and don't overpay. He said there is time left.

#6 eboozer

eboozer

2nd Year Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationPa. by way of Hempstead

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

Damage Control. Woody wants those PSL's sold out, and Idzik isn't helping.

You watch..... DeSean will be on this team within a month. That'll be the Big Splash!

Pro Bowl Caliber talent... UDFA Performer

#7 SouthernJet

SouthernJet

Hey, nice marmot!

• Members
  • 31,774 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:58 AM

tumblr_lryl24iqnf1qjhons.jpgrandom photo of Tom out for a walk and random yelling at little kids

Edited by SouthernJet, 27 March 2014 - 06:59 AM.

Posted Image

"No straight lines make up my life, and all my roads have bends;
There's no clear-cut beginnings, and so far no dead-ends."

#8 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,967 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

Heard some of it. Dead air wouldv'e been more informative and entertaining. And he is only now talking to anyone because the ticket sales are probably in the toilet.

Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#9 Bugg

Bugg

Of counsel whack job

• Members
  • 14,967 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:48 AM

I think I caught about 80% of it, but essentially he said:

DRC was a guy they liked but not for that kind of money. Cro was a great jet but not for that kind of money. He also wanted him to get the best offer he could.

They were talking with Sanchez for weeks leading up to cutting him, all sides knew it was an option that he was possibly going to stay, but also knew that Vick was a real possibility. Wanted Sanchez in the plans if Vick wasn't available and all sides were well aware.

The draft is like Christmas with a dozen draft picks and he can't wait

The draft is where you build the club and free agency is where you fix short term needs. You don't over pay in FA.

trades are still very much a possibility like when they traded for Ivory before the draft.

The point of leaving some money unspent is to give the team flexibility. However he didn't say one way or the other how much he will leave unspent.

Schaub was dealt for a #5;why not spend one of those picks to get him? This franchise is a mess.

Objective-Glendale, Arizona

Super Bowl 49-February, 2015

#10 Lizard King

Lizard King

Oh sh*t We Suck Again

• Members
  • 5,657 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:49 AM

Schaub was dealt for a #5;why not spend one of those picks to get him? This franchise is a mess.

His contract is an albatross?

#11 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

I can't wait til we play Brewster's Millions against the Raiders next year.

BREWSTER%27S-MILLIONS-x.jpg

Edited by Gastineau Lives, 27 March 2014 - 07:57 AM.

"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#12 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,206 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:56 AM

because he sucks

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#13 FloridaJetsFan

FloridaJetsFan

Hail Caesar

• Members
  • 2,527 posts
  • LocationNavarre, FL

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:08 AM

because he sucks

WHOA!! Don't go getting all factual on us now!

#14 carlcen

carlcen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:22 AM

Sounds like he didn't say a heck of a lot about the uproar created by signing ConVick.

#15 Lizard King

Lizard King

Oh sh*t We Suck Again

• Members
  • 5,657 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:26 AM

Sounds like he didn't say a heck of a lot about the uproar created by signing ConVick.

Well I may have missed it, to be honest.

#16 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,527 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:32 AM

Because he sucks, he's not a long term solution and his contract is ridiculous.

Posted Image

#17 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,527 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

It amazes me how many times this organization has been fooled by the big shinny object and its absolutely burned the Jets.  And now that they've finally got a frugal more calculated GM, everyone is up in arms about not breaking the bank for the big shinny object.

Posted Image

#18 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

It amazes me how many times this organization has been fooled by the big shinny object and its absolutely burned the Jets.  And now that they've finally got a frugal more calculated GM, everyone is up in arms about not breaking the bank for the big shinny object.

The spending floor is new. Lots of not so shiny objects are going to get lots of shiny money thrown at them as teams leave themselves short.

"Those eight weeks I spent as co-host of JetNation Radio were among the happiest of my life. Oh, and F Tom Shane."

#19 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 38,527 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:43 AM

The spending floor is new. Lots of not so shiny objects are going to get lots of shiny money thrown at them as teams leave themselves short.

Even more reason to not hand out ridiculous contracts to average or aging players.

Posted Image

#20 Gastineau Lives

Gastineau Lives

JetNation Radio Has Been

• Members
  • 4,109 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

Even more reason to not hand out ridiculous contracts to average or aging players.

Ridiculous is kind of a strong word. But guys will be given contracts that, viewed through 2014 glasses, will make them look overpaid, that will happen.

Edited by Gastineau Lives, 27 March 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#21 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:52 AM

Lawrence Taylor beat the sh*t out of a 14 year old hooker in his motel room.

Mark Ingram is going to die in prison on drug and racketeering charges.

Dave Meggett is a serial rapist.

Billy Johnson stuck his hand into a machine at a pencil factory hoping to sue for crack money.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#22 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,593 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

He'd be looking placate people that should go **** themselves.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#23 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 28,312 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:57 AM

Heard some of it. Dead air wouldv'e been more informative and entertaining. And he is only now talking to anyone because the ticket sales are probably in the toilet.

I don't even blame Idzik here. Carton is the clown who's been screaming and yelling about Idzik being asleep, and then when he gets a chance to question him, he pusses out. Typical. He's the same hack who once asked Isiah--as the Knicks were circling the drain--if Isiah thought he was the best played in NBA history under 6'.

#24 Lizard King

Lizard King

Oh sh*t We Suck Again

• Members
  • 5,657 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

I don't even blame Idzik here. Carton is the clown who's been screaming and yelling about Idzik being asleep, and then when he gets a chance to question him, he pusses out. Typical. He's the same hack who once asked Isiah--as the Knicks were circling the drain--if Isiah thought he was the best played in NBA history under 6'.

Are you the same guy who called in around 7:15 and told Carton that he was lobbing softballs, and then Carton went off on him?

#25 Lizard King

Lizard King

Oh sh*t We Suck Again

• Members
  • 5,657 posts
  • LocationMendham, NJ

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

He'd be looking placate people that should go **** themselves.

Kitten has claws

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users