Desean's a FA

BroadwayJets

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying all that lol

Just saying he's not so bright. You figure he would know how to spell his boy's name.

Whoops, he almost slipped up there. "I am... oh, I mean, I'm not...

You're judging his intelligence based on the spelling of someone's last name? The kid did go to Berkley, granted as an athlete, but that's about as good as you can get education wise. That was a fairly well-worded letter, knocking him on misspelling Reid's last name is just petty. 

Statement from former Eagles WR DeSean Jackson:

"First I would like to thank the Eagles organization, the Eagles fans and the city of Philadelphia for my time in Philly. I would also like to thank coach Andy Reed for bringing me in. Secondly, I would like to address the misleading and unfounded reports that my release has anything to do with any affiliation that has been speculated surrounding the company I keep off of the field. I would like to make it very clear that I am... not and never have been part of any gang. I am not a gang member and to speculate and assume that I am involved in such activity off the field is reckless and irresponsible. I work very hard on and off the field and I am a good person with good values. I am proud of the accomplishments that I have made both on and off the field. I have worked tirelessly to give back to my community and have a positive impact on those in need. It is unfortunate that I now have to defend myself and my intentions.

Implicit.

Nothing connecting Jackson to the actual homocide, but to the individuals being investigated there are. After the Hernandez issue, no one is going to pay $10 million per for a guy who could Ray Lewis them rather easily.  

Granted Marvin Harrison went his entire career without issue until he was retired, but the Jets aren't stuck in the middle of Indiana either, it's a tough call.

The LA Crips are a little further away from NYC than Indiana is.

The LA Crips are a little further away from NYC than Indiana is.

I just meant it seems more difficult to get into trouble in Indiana than NYC and its surrounding areas...unless of course you're a billionaire owner.  Obviously teams have to vet him extensively, but a lot of these kids coming out of awful areas are going to have gang ties, it's just a matter of if they can't separate it it from their job.  

You're judging his intelligence based on the spelling of someone's last name? The kid did go to Berkley, granted as an athlete, but that's about as good as you can get education wise. That was a fairly well-worded letter, knocking him on misspelling Reid's last name is just petty. 

He probably didn't even write it himself, so...

I just meant it seems more difficult to get into trouble in Indiana than NYC and its surrounding areas...unless of course you're a billionaire owner.  Obviously teams have to vet him extensively, but a lot of these kids coming out of awful areas are going to have gang ties, it's just a matter of if they can't separate it it from their job.  

I know. If he really IS tied to the gangs, then it's gonna be a very tough call for anyone to take him on without a pre-nupt, but still worth a shot.

I know. If he really IS tied to the gangs, then it's gonna be a very tough call for anyone to take him on without a pre-nupt, but still worth a shot.

For sure. I have to imagine that any of the teams who inquired about trading for him are well aware of his background and these issues. Hell, I remember hearing all about his shady past while he was at Cal. However, when a large chunk of your players come from such impoverished areas, these ties are gonna be tough to ignore completely.  You just have to hope he can separate the two lives and make sure you have language in the contract that protects you from it. 

Curious decision. Is there some benefit to cutting him over, say, getting at least a 5th round draft pick for him? Because there's no reason why they couldn't have gotten *that* at least. Right?

Why spend a 5th rounder or higher and take on a 10.5 mil contract, when you can spend no picks and get him for a lesser contract?

Also, I don't think it'll happen, but imagine if we did manage to get him... Decker and Djax and whoever else we pick up in the draft. I'd be pretty excited to see our offense next year.

Why spend a 5th rounder or higher and take on a 10.5 mil contract, when you can spend no picks and get him for a lesser contract?

Also, I don't think it'll happen but imagine if we did manage to get him Decker and Djax and whoever else we pick up in the draft... I'd be pretty excited to see our offense next year.

I'm just surprised that they couldn't get a single team to bite on a few low picks.

Same here though, would be a legitimate offense.

Archived