Desean's a FA

BroadwayJets

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know. If he really IS tied to the gangs, then it's gonna be a very tough call for anyone to take him on without a pre-nupt, but still worth a shot.

If he does have gang ties any team interested in him has vetted him and will know exactly what level of involvement he has.

If he is a banger and they sign him anyway they will wind upgetting what they deserve.

Personally I hope the Jets thoroughly investigated him and found him to be OK and they sign him

I would prefer Evans but looks like he will be gone at #18

Reasonable Price would be:

3 Years - 21 million with 10.5 Guaranteed.

LL

Well considering I was all for giving him a 5 years $36-40 mil; $12 mil guaranteed last week (basically a little over Decker) It would be good to sign him for $7 mil for 3 years. But for that price there will be tons of suitors considering his base salary for the 1st season would be around $3-4 mil making it easy to fit him in cap wise. If we're going to give him $7 mil I would rather do it on a 5 year contract as the 3 years one is too player friendly with no team options.

Unless Vick has some serious lobbying power, I just don't see him landing here. The Raiders just jump out to me as the favorites: have the cap room, near where he grew up, can be close to his friends and record label, pretty sure he was a fan growing up and they aren't afraid to toss out big contracts.  

No proof, Eagles just released their top WR without vetting any of this

No proof exactly pure speculation. How come when the talk first came out of the Eagles wanting to trade DeSean Jackson none of this was mentioned?  He didn't want to renegotiate his contract and Chip Kelly didn't like him. Show me proof and then we have a discussion otherwise theres nothing on him.

So the Eagles cut the guy why exactly?  Why didn't they trade him?  Let him go somewhere else.  Draft a WR.

You can't just sell something if you have no buyers. As for why they traded him? We'll never know officially. If we want to place a better product on the field and it'll come at a reasonable price it would be best to sign that person.

pass

too many good WR's in the draft

plus when he signs with Denver or the pats* it will be worth it to see stoic and willy's "goodbye cruel world" threads

I agree that theres many good prospects. But it would be great if we happen to sign DeSean and use our assets on another major need during the first 2 days.

You can't just sell something if you have no buyers. As for why they traded him? We'll never know officially. If we want to place a better product on the field and it'll come at a reasonable price it would be best to sign that person.

I agree that theres many good prospects. But it would be great if we happen to sign DeSean and use our assets on another major need during the first 2 days.

just too concerned there is a reason a blazing fast guy gets cut.  why not traded ?  would he not restructure ?

Archived