Jets Sign Undrafted CB Jeremy Reeves

Sully80

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jets Sign FA Jeremy Reeves from Iowa State

Posted 3 hours ago

2012-randy-lange-headshot-thumb-60x60.pnRandy LangeEditor-in-Chief, newyorkjets.com@rlangejets Blog: Randy's Radar

•  
  •  

We have signed free agent cornerback Jeremy Reeves.

Reeves (5'7", 170) was signed shortly after he had a strong showing at Iowa State's pro day on Tuesday with a 4.29-second 40, a 43" vertical leap and an 11'6" broad jump.

Reeves played three seasons for Iowa State, from 2010-12. In that span he played in 38 games for the Cyclones with 26 starts. He had 202 totals tackles, five interceptions, and scored three touchdowns —a 91-yard INT return in 2010, a 31-yard INT return in ISU's 2012 AutoZone Liberty Bowl game against Tuas, and a 42-yard onside-kickoff return the game after his INT-return TD in '10.

He sat out last season rehabbing following reported pectoral surgery in March 2013.

4.29 40 is fast-now can he play?

Seems like he had a pretty good college career Iowa state plays some decent competition too. Might mean Wilson is on the way out considering we were trying to sign munnerlyn earlier in the offseason

Seems like he had a pretty good college career Iowa state plays some decent competition too. Might mean Wilson is on the way out considering we were trying to sign munnerlyn earlier in the offseason

I don't get this logic.  Why would we get rid of someone when we already have a hole at the position?  Why create even more holes?  I can maybe see if we picked up an automatic starter but even then it would make no sense to dump someone who is pretty good.   

Not just his 40, dude has a 43 inch vert and broad jumped 12 feet. That's stupid ridiculous. 

"Quick Twitch"

I'd be curious to see what this young man can do on ST?

Has he ever lined up as PR/KR?

"Quick Twitch"

Its what I was thinking. The article didn't mention it so I doubt he was a return guy. A lot of the fast guys just aren't good returners.

"Quick Twitch"

Knowing what Idzik is trying to do he probably does. That broad jump shows he's very explosive. He won't be signed as a FA cb and not be contributing elsewhere. Signings like this makes your team better if it pans out. Hopefully I can find some tape on him

Knowing what Idzik is trying to do he probably does. That broad jump shows he's very explosive. He won't be signed as a FA cb and not be contributing elsewhere. Signings like this makes your team better if it pans out. Hopefully I can find some tape on him

Been looking.... so far, very little, and doesn't show a lot

Its what I was thinking. The article didn't mention it so I doubt he was a return guy. A lot of the fast guys just aren't good returners.

NFLDraftscout.com had him listed as CB/KR

So lets hope this guy can be like Trindon Holliday (w/o the fumbles)

I don't get this logic.  Why would we get rid of someone when we already have a hole at the position?  Why create even more holes?  I can maybe see if we picked up an automatic starter but even then it would make no sense to dump someone who is pretty good.   

Just repeating something I read here, but it was suggested the purpose of acquiring Munnerlynn was to have him man the nickle spot, so that Wilson could play on the outside.  Wilson covering the slot hasn't been a function of his inability to play outside, but that nobody could play inside as well as he could.  So the logic stands that if we can find a baller to play in the sub-packages, Wilson (former 1st rounder) can earn his money covering lead receivers. 

Just repeating something I read here, but it was suggested the purpose of acquiring Munnerlynn was to have him man the nickle spot, so that Wilson could play on the outside.  Wilson covering the slot hasn't been a function of his inability to play outside, but that nobody could play inside as well as he could.  So the logic stands that if we can find a baller to play in the sub-packages, Wilson (former 1st rounder) can earn his money covering lead receivers. 

I see.  We've all seen Wilson lose his cool so I don't know how great he would be at covering a lead receiver.  I'm not in a hurry, or excited to see that, sadly.  

Or maybe it means that Wilson will be CB#1 or CB#2 and they will need another slot.

cheap and fast

that's how the hawks were built

He does seem to like some speed. 

Maybe. He's probably the fastest and most explosive player on the jets already.

I think Saalim Hakim is faster.

the hawks were built on the idea of get them young and cheap and fast and coach them up

master plan

The NFL is funny.  Whoever wins, DO IT THAT WAY.  Then a year later someone else wins, with a different plan.  I feel that there is a lot of talent involved but also a lot of luck.  

The NFL is funny.  Whoever wins, DO IT THAT WAY.  Then a year later someone else wins, with a different plan.  I feel that there is a lot of talent involved but also a lot of luck.  

sure but idzik came from the hawks so....

Just repeating something I read here, but it was suggested the purpose of acquiring Munnerlynn was to have him man the nickle spot, so that Wilson could play on the outside. Wilson covering the slot hasn't been a function of his inability to play outside, but that nobody could play inside as well as he could. So the logic stands that if we can find a baller to play in the sub-packages, Wilson (former 1st rounder) can earn his money covering lead receivers.

My thoughts exactly

I see.  We've all seen Wilson lose his cool so I don't know how great he would be at covering a lead receiver.  I'm not in a hurry, or excited to see that, sadly.  

You realize he already did it for all of 2012, right?  Revis didn't even make it through 2 games, so Wilson started across from Cro for the rest of the season.

Archived