Jets Sign Undrafted CB Jeremy Reeves

Sully80

You realize he already did it for all of 2012, right?  Revis didn't even make it through 2 games, so Wilson started across from Cro for the rest of the season.

I know.  Everyone seemed to step it up that year but last year not so much. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today the New York Jets announced they signed cornerback Jeremy Reeves. Reeves had a solid pro day on Tuesday and the Jets saw an opportunity to add a potential play maker to the Jets’ roster.

Reeves (5’7″ , 170Lbs)  is an Iowa State graduate and played a total of three seasons with them, 2010-2012. Reeves sustained a pectoral muscle injury and sat out all of the 2013 season. Reeves adds depth to the position and may possibly be filling in for the recently departed Isaiah Trufant who signed with the Cleveland Browns.

Check out this amazing video clip of Jeremy Reeves doing his vertical jump at his pro day.

We will keep you posted with any other team news that occurs. Make sure to check out our find out what the rest of Jets Nation is saying about this signing.

I don't get this logic.  Why would we get rid of someone when we already have a hole at the position?  Why create even more holes?  I can maybe see if we picked up an automatic starter but even then it would make no sense to dump someone who is pretty good.   

I'm not saying we're gonna outright cut him but it makes him expendable and could be used in a draft trade scenario,I don't see why anyone in the Jets organization would think that he can play opposite Milliner.

How'd you come to this?

Our interest in Munnerlyn clearly meant a position change for Wilson, but I don't think the Jets believe he's got what it takes to play outside. I think even Rex would admit that. It's been mentioned before how the Jets could look to trade wilson and or Hill on draft day 

The Wizard is good at turning over stones and finding potential talent. Nice cheap pickup. In theory it's pieces like this that let you reach on the top end for a Revis or Jax or some other star.

Who's "The Wizard"? Bradway? To my knowledge, Idzik hasn't had any scouting experience.

Wizard of Id, idzik got that nickname for his ability to use complex contracts to manage cap. I am hoping he really is a wizard and can rebuild the O. Juries out.....

So then, this would be his 1st stone? Hope he finds a diamond. Could anyone pick out the Jets staff attending? Saw some old guy with a clipboard talking to him after the Broad Jump.... "here kid, sign this contract and you'll be at the NYJ Rookie TC in June. $10,000 SB included."

So then, this would be his 1st stone? Hope he finds a diamond. Could anyone pick out the Jets staff attending? Saw some old guy with a clipboard talking to him after the Broad Jump.... "here kid, sign this contract and you'll be at the NYJ Rookie TC in June. $10,000 SB included."

Not sure if you realized it, but you posted it.

Posted Yesterday, 06:37 PM  http://espn.go.com/b...aying-moneyball
Thoughts and observations on the New York Jets:                       6. Sleeper with speed: It was overshadowed by the Jackson news and the Sanchez signing, but the Jets picked up an interesting player Friday -- cornerback Jeremy Reeves. After a four-year career at Iowa State, where he intercepted five passes (two returned for touchdowns), Reeves was eligible for the 2013 draft. But he tore a pectoral muscle, missed his pro day, wasn't drafted and wasn't signed by anyone. After working out on his own for a year, he participated in Iowa State's pro day last week and burned the 40 in 4.29 seconds, according to school officials.

He's only 5-7, 167 pounds (picture Darren Sproles at corner), but that kind of speed -- even if not totally accurate -- turns heads. The Jets have a good feel for Reeves because Jeff Bauer, the director of college scouting, is an Iowa State alum, plugged into the Iowa scene.

Awesome we have one more piece for the 4/400 relay team.

Agreed. Wow, Idzik really filled the hole at corner. Here's a clue for him: speed doesn't really matter much when the receiver's reach is higher than your corner can jump. Sorry, no 5'6" CBs.

Agreed. Wow, Idzik really filled the hole at corner. Here's a clue for him: speed doesn't really matter much when the receiver's reach is higher than your corner can jump. Sorry, no 5'6" CBs.

Not every receiver is Calvin Johnson. The reason that short corners still have value is because nickel has become almost a base package ever since the league changed the rules to favor passing. Along with that shift came a big rise in popularity for using smaller, shiftier guys out of the slot, ie Welker, Cobb, Amendola...etc. 5'7 is definitely on the shorter side of the spectrum but for dime and quarter packages it's really not that big a deal.

Maybe you should check the kid's jump figures again because there aren't many receivers that are going to hit a point much higher than this kid.

I don't have the wingspan figures, but checked for a representation with height + vertical leap: Reeves is at 110", Desean Jackson 104", Alshon Jeffery 111"

Archived