EVERYTHING CHRIS JOHNSON: MERGED

LAD_Brooklyn

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dee Milliner------>56 Tackles, 3 INTs 2013.

Chris Johnson--->0 Tackles, 0 INTs 2013. 

Don't see anything CJ offers us...

My point is our RB Bilal Powell isn't by any means a guy that can carry the rock and lead us anywhere. Ivory goes down its all Powell baby!!!!! Are you in for that? 

Your point of reference above is ridiculous as your arguments in improving this team.

Chris Johnson becomes the next big free-agency story

Agent Joel Segal has had a busy two weeks. But he won’t be able to exhale just yet.

Twelve days ago, Segal client Mike Vick visited and signed with the Jets. Five days ago, Segal client DeSean Jackson was cut by the Eagles. Today, Jackson will sign with the Redskins (if he hasn’t signed the contract already).

On Monday, Segal client Chris Johnson will show up at the Titans’ facility for the first day of offseason workouts and say, “Let me in so that I can start doing things that could result in an injury that would force you to pay me $8 million this year.”

It likely won’t come to that. The Titans are expected to cut Johnson before Monday, in the unlikely event that a trade will happen. Since Johnson would have to take less than $8 million in pay for 2014 if he were to be traded, he merely needs to refuse to renegotiate to force the team’s hand.

If/when (when) Johnson is cut, another round of reports and rumors and intrigue will emerge. Who’s interested? Who’s really interested? Are there “mystery teams”? Who’s merely being used as leverage to help Johnson get a deal as close to $8 million in 2014 as possible?

The saga should continue deep into next week, moving the news cycle closer to the release of the 2014 schedule and then, on May 8, the draft. So, basically, we’re not complaining about the type of offseason news that inevitably takes interest away from the three major sports that currently are in season.

Look at Washington. The Nationals, Wizards, and Capitals are playing games, and all anyone cares about is the arrival of DeSean Jackson.

My point is our RB Bilal Powell isn't by any means a guy that can carry the rock and lead us anywhere. Ivory goes down its all Powell baby!!!!! Are you in for that? 

Your point of reference above is ridiculous as your arguments in improving this team.

What if we had a RB get 2 TDs on 323 carries?  Would that do the trick?

Please edit again with some relationship to the roster at safety for the last few years.  

They have never cut any Landry.  LaRon was not cut he was a FA that signed with Indy.  Dawan is still under contract.  Smith was not small.  Ogbogdu is a name I am not familiar with.  I assume you meant Ihedigbo who won a ring with the Ravens and has done fairly well as a starter.  He just got a decent deal from the Lions and got run with the Pats too.  He has not been on the team since 2010.  You're practically in Atari Bigby territory going back that far.  Ogbogu was a sh*tty DE and one of Parcells wonderful picks.  They ran most of last year with Jarrett and Allen across from Landry and they are all back.  Bush is the guy we'd like to step up and hopefully he will in his 3rd year.  

Owned. Ogbogdu, awesome.

Bilal Powell                    1 rushing TD   2013

Sheldon Richardson      2 rushing TDs 2013

LOL.  What a hack.

How does Bilal Powell's TD numbers compare to other 2nd stringers?  Considering, that's what he is.

4 yards per carry last year, which, incidentally is more than..............................................

CHRIS JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.  What a hack.

How does Bilal Powell's TD numbers compare to other 2nd stringers?  Considering, that's what he is.

4 yards per carry last year, which, incidentally is more than..............................................

CHRIS JOHNSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So your argument here is that Bilal Powell is better than Chris Johnson?

What I expect to happen...

*Chris Johnson gets released*

Jets beat reporters: "Jets are showing interest in Chris Johnson"

Idzik: "We'll offer you 3 years, 6 million on a "show me" deal"

Chris Johnson: "..."

Idzik: "Okay, 3 years 12 million"

Idzik: "Alright, final offer, 3 years 17 million"

Adam Schefter: "According to my sources Chris Johnson is finalizing a contract for a 3 year $18 million deal with (a team not named the Jets)"

Idzik: "The value just wasn't there at that price, we're about long term success, it takes two sides to make a deal."

Idzik apologists: "Not offering CJ that extra million will really come in handy when we want to sign some UFAs after the draft =]"

Adam Schefter: "According to my sources Chris Johnson is finalizing a contract for a 3 year $18 million deal with (a team not named the Jets)"

Idzik: "The value just wasn't there at that price, we're about long term success, it takes two sides to make a deal."

Idzik apologists: "Not offering CJ that extra million will really come in handy when we want to sign some UFAs after the draft =]"

3 year deal? Pass.

the jets need to become the team that is smart enough to release players who aren't producing up to the level of their contracts, instead of the team that is signing them

I'm ok with this

But if we know their names, they must be good, right?  Some of these guys were good as recently as 2012!

You do realize that you are complaining about not signing a player who has yet to even be released right?  Running back is a young man's position, can you really fault someone for not wanting to give a multi-million dollar deal to someone who's going to be 29 when the season starts? I personally think Johnson would be a very good fit here, especially paired with Ivory. However, I'm not going to be upset if we don't land him and draft someone like Mason, Sankey or Seastrunk for a fraction of the price. It's a position that you can find rookies to contribute immediately and at a high level.

Probably a repost but JIC:

UPDATE: As reported Chris Johnson should be released this week. Word is Jets will act fast. Woody Johnson, Rex & Idzik all like Johnson.

— DYST Now (@DYST_Now)

April 2, 2014

We're sure other teams will have interest in Chris Johnson when he does become available. However, none showing as much as the Jets.

— DYST Now (@DYST_Now)

April 2, 2014

I think he ends up with the Falcons, but that's just me. I don't see him coming here for various reasons.

The Falcons apparently have no interest in Johnson according to a March 30 article at PFT, I looked up their cap space as well, they have barely over 8 million. I'm sure if they really wanted him they could create some weirdly structured deal, but I wouldn't bet on them signing Johnson who will command at least 6 mil a year then take into account the fact that they have to sign their draft picks + any other free agents.

You might want to go watch some Chris Johnson tape from this season. He was pretty mediocre at best. 

He's 28 and last year is the closest he's ever come to mediocrity, otherwise we're talking a guy who's spent the bulk of his career as an NFL elite. I don't get why last year gets to outweigh the whole body of work, even if I can understand why it's weighed slightly more (it's literally the only reason the Jets might have and take a shot at Johnson).

Archived