What position do Jets draft in Round 1?

SouthernJet

What position do Jets draft in Round 1?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What position do Jets draft in Round 1?

• QB
    • RB
    • WR
    • TE
    • OL
    • DL
    • CB
    • Safety
    • LB

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure we are targeting certain prospects and not keying on positions. But one thing every SB team in the past have had besides a Good QB are good/great safeties. That guy Pryor would be a welcomed addition. Marquise Lee may be gone but if he's there go receiver. Gilbert is a hack of a player and although we seem set at CB he would be a good selection.

Does a qb fall to 18?

If the board falls like this:

1. Texans: Clowney

2. Rams: Robinson

3. Jags: Mack

4. Browns: Bridgewater

5. Raiders: Watkins

6. Falcons: Matthews

7. Bucs: Evans

8. Vikings: Manziel

9. Bills: Ebron

10. Lions: Gilbert

11. Titans: Carr

12. Giants: Ebron

13. Rams: Mosley

14. Bears: Lewan

15. Steelers: Barr

16. Cowboys: Donald/Hageman

17. Ravens: Dix/Pryor

18. Jets...

The Titans at 11 is the big pick to watch. They declined the option on Locker, so they're primed to go QB; it remains to be seen if they want to wait and give Locker one more shot. If they go anywhere other than QB, and if the Browns nab Bridgewater, it's a QB freefall to 18.

If the board falls like this:

1. Texans: Clowney

2. Rams: Robinson

3. Jags: Mack

4. Browns: Bridgewater

5. Raiders: Watkins

6. Falcons: Matthews

7. Bucs: Evans

8. Vikings: Manziel

9. Bills: Ebron

10. Lions: Gilbert

11. Titans: Carr

12. Giants: Ebron

13. Rams: Mosley

14. Bears: Lewan

15. Steelers: Barr

16. Cowboys: Donald/Hageman

17. Ravens: Dix/Pryor

18. Jets...

Beckham. If Beckham's gone (since you have Ebron going twice) who knows.

Beckham. If Beckham's gone (since you have Ebron going twice) who knows.

This.

Here's a few more names we're bringing in, according to Brandt. Beckham would be my favorite to draft, considering he's been in my top 3 for a couple years now and the whole LSU homer thing. It'd be nice for once to cheer for a guy on the Jets that I've liked prior to them drafting him.

Mmehta: LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr. visiting Jets & Bills next week, per @Gil_Brandt. #NYJ bringing in top WRs (Evans, Cooks, Benjamin, etc) in April

This.

Here's a few more names we're bringing in, according to Brandt. Beckham would be my favorite to draft, considering he's been in my top 3 for a couple years now and the whole LSU homer thing. It'd be nice for once to cheer for a guy on the Jets that I've liked prior to them drafting him.

Mmehta: LSU WR Odell Beckham Jr. visiting Jets & Bills next week, per @Gil_Brandt. #NYJ bringing in top WRs (Evans, Cooks, Benjamin, etc) in April

I'm assuming that Bortles is higher on Idzik's board than Beckham is, thus my thinking that he'd be the pick if he slides.

It's possible, and If he is I hope, and assume that's who Idzik selects. Personally, I don't like any of these QBs in the first.

I'm not exactly pounding the table for Bortles, but I'd like what it would say about the philosophy moving forward--that they won't shy away from throwing big resources into finding a high-level QB.

4 QB's in the first 18 picks makes this a more historic QB draft than 1983, correct ?

and tom, the free fall from 11 to 18 is where a team might just trade up from the 2nd

Like who, though? It's a hell of a price to pay (2015 first, in a better QB draft) to move up for Bortles.

Archived