Star Wars VII Has Begun Filming

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"The Force Awakens" director J.J. Abrams reportedly sat down to read the script of "Episode VIII" recently, and he thought it was so good he wishes he'd signed on to direct that movie as well.

Greg Grunberg, Abrams' longtime friend who plays Snap Wexley in "The Force Awakens," revealed that bit of info to The Washington Post.

"He read it and said something he never, ever says," Grunberg said in a story that posted Tuesday. "He said, 'It's so good, I wish I were making it.'" Grunberg went on to say that Abrams might have said something similar once or twice while working on "Lost," but that he has never really seen Abrams express that level of regret before.

"The Force Awakens" director J.J. Abrams reportedly sat down to read the script of "Episode VIII" recently, and he thought it was so good he wishes he'd signed on to direct that movie as well.

Greg Grunberg, Abrams' longtime friend who plays Snap Wexley in "The Force Awakens," revealed that bit of info to The Washington Post.

"He read it and said something he never, ever says," Grunberg said in a story that posted Tuesday. "He said, 'It's so good, I wish I were making it.'" Grunberg went on to say that Abrams might have said something similar once or twice while working on "Lost," but that he has never really seen Abrams express that level of regret before.

Been saying this since they hired Rian Johnson, Ep VIII is primed to be the best of this trilogy. Not only due to the stigma of the second movie in a trilogy usually being the best, but because out of all three trilogy directors, Johnson is the best of them. Brick is ******* awesome. Looper is ******* awesome. The two episodes of Breaking Bad that he did are IMO without question the best of the series. The guy is such a talent and I don't think it's the least bit surprising that they're all gushing over the script.

Finally got around to seeing The Force Awakens this afternoon and for one of the rare times in movie history, IMHO, the movie lived up and dare I say exceeded the hype.

Now, what...we have to wait two years for VIII?

Finally got around to seeing The Force Awakens this afternoon and for one of the rare times in movie history, IMHO, the movie lived up and dare I say exceeded the hype.

Now, what...we have to wait two years for VIII?

Less. Rogue One at the end of 2016 and VIII in May 2017. So two more movies over the next year and five months.

That would be ballsy as hell at this point to revisit that "possibility".  BTW there may be some spoilers in there so just for total transparency I'm noting here so people are aware.  As for whether it's true.......  Let's just say it would validate the Annikan awful "Nooooooooooooooooooo" scene because I'm pretty sure every Star Wars fan on the face of the earth might do the same thing involuntarily lol.

it's not that crazy a theory.  Supposedly Lucas was going to reveal jar jar in episode 2 but fan backlash was so strong he had to hastily rewrite the movie to have a different villain which was Dooku.

The craziest part of those YouTube videos are the close ups of jar jar's lips mouthing what other characters are saying and the slight smirk at Qui Gon Jinn funeral

Took the wife and kids to see it yesterday.

Only the oldest daughter would sit through all of the old movies (IV, V, VI), and she loved them. The look on her face during TFA was priceless, especially her laughing out loud at the 'I got a bad feeling about this' line....just tremendous.

I caught myself welling up at times...like wtf? I'm a grown ass man. 

Going to take my oldest to see it again in IMAX for sure. 

On another point when watching Return Of The Jedi with my daughter. 

She gets her fair share of exposure on the internet and such, particularly with memes and what not.

When she finally got to see the original meaning behind Admiral Ackbar's "It's a trap!" line in the film....man, it was just so damn funny. I obviously knew it was coming....I had to pause the DVD for a bit until she could control herself. Good times. 

• 2 weeks later...

With Wednesday's box office totals, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" will overtake 2009's "Avatar" to become the highest-grossing film in North American history, according to Disney (DIS).

The Disney film has so far made $758.2 million in North America in less than three weeks of release. Disney is projecting that with Wednesday's ticket sales, "The Force Awakens" will pass the $760.5 million that James Cameron's 3-D sci-fi smash made in its run six years ago.

"The Force Awakens" has broken record on top of record since opening in mid-December. What's really remarkable about the film's box office haul is how quickly Han, Luke, and Leia have blasted through the record books.

It took "The Force Awakens" about 20 days to zoom past "Avatar."

I'm going to try to see it again in IMAX with the kids this weekend.

If not, my library finally got the copy of The Phantom Menace back in, so I told my oldest that I got it - she actually did a fist pump when I told her this. She has been sucked into the Star Wars universe. 

I'm not the biggest SW fan on the planet, but her enthusiasm was adorable - at the age of 12 and the cusp of the tween years, it's nice to know we'll have something new to relate to each other to. 

I'm going to try to see it again in IMAX with the kids this weekend.

If not, my library finally got the copy of The Phantom Menace back in, so I told my oldest that I got it - she actually did a fist pump when I told her this. She has been sucked into the Star Wars universe. 

I'm not the biggest SW fan on the planet, but her enthusiasm was adorable - at the age of 12 and the cusp of the tween years, it's nice to know we'll have something new to relate to each other to. 

Memorizing, reciting and scrutinizing new/old canon, etc. does not a fan make. To me, this, what you're experiencing as a father who also grew up on this stuff, is what it's really all about.

Memorizing, reciting and scrutinizing new/old canon, etc. does not a fan make. To me, this, what you're experiencing as a father who also grew up on this stuff, is what it's really all about.

Exactly yeah, as long as I can explain some of the major characters and plotlines without thoroughly confusing her then my job is done.

As much as the prequels have been slammed, I'm sure she is going to get a kick out of seeing all of the background stories and characters - like when she sees 3-PO and R2 for the first time in the Phantom Menace. 

Exactly yeah, as long as I can explain some of the major characters and plotlines without thoroughly confusing her then my job is done.

As much as the prequels have been slammed, I'm sure she is going to get a kick out of seeing all of the background stories and characters - like when she sees 3-PO and R2 for the first time in the Phantom Menace. 

I've found that younger people are more tolerant of the prequels, perhaps because the original trilogy played a lesser role in their formative years.

Archived