Star Wars VII Has Begun Filming

RutgersJetFan

It’s Official: Han Solo Is Getting His Own Star Wars Movie

By Laura Bradley

Looks like everyone’s favorite scruffy-looking nerf herder is getting his own movie. According to an official announcement from StarWars.com, the new stand-alone film will be helmed by Christopher Miller and Phil Lord (The LEGO Movie21 Jump Street), and it will be (though the press release avoids this term) a prequel:

The story focuses on how young Han Solo became the smuggler, thief, and scoundrel whom Luke Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi first encountered in the cantina at Mos Eisley.

Lawrence Kasdan, who wrote and directed 
Raiders of the Lost Ark
 and co-wrote the screenplays for the final two installments of the original 
Star Wars 
trilogy, will co-write the screenplay with his son, Jon Kasdan (
The First Time
In the Land of Women
). And while the announcement of another 
Star Wars 
prequel might make some fans think “
I have a bad feeling about this
,” Lord and Miller are famous for turning bad ideas into good movies: “This is the first film we’ve worked on that seems like a good idea to begin with,” the co-directors joked. They added:

We promise to take risks, to give the audience a fresh experience, and we pledge ourselves to be faithful stewards of these characters who mean so much to us. This is a dream come true for us. And not the kind of dream where you’re late for work and all your clothes are made of pudding, but the kind of dream where you get to make a film with some of the greatest characters ever, in a film franchise you’ve loved since before you can remember having dreams at all.

[/indent]

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s Official: Han Solo Is Getting His Own Star Wars Movie

By Laura Bradley

Looks like everyone’s favorite scruffy-looking nerf herder is getting his own movie. According to an official announcement from StarWars.com, the new stand-alone film will be helmed by Christopher Miller and Phil Lord (The LEGO Movie, 21 Jump Street), and it will be (though the press release avoids this term) a prequel:

Lawrence Kasdan, who wrote and directed Raiders of the Lost Ark and co-wrote the screenplays for the final two installments of the original Star Wars trilogy, will co-write the screenplay with his son, Jon Kasdan (The First Time, In the Land of Women). And while the announcement of another Star Wars prequel might make some fans think “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsXEToflqGs,” Lord and Miller are famous for turning bad ideas into good movies: “This is the first film we’ve worked on that seems like a good idea to begin with,” the co-directors joked. They added:

The movie already has a release date: May 25, 2018.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/07/07/han_solo_prequel_announced_star_wars_anthology_film_helmed_by_christopher.html

I really do have a bad feeling about this.

• 1 month later...

So I hear they're auctioning a bunch of original Star Wars props/rarities this month along with an assload of other cool things. There's a bunch of screen-used and development stuff from Wars, including a Blockade Runner model and a prototype Vader helmet. (There's also some awesome Trek and Back to the Future stuff, for what it's worth.) The one item that piques my interest the most is Leia's slave outfit from Jedi. It's times like these that I wish I had "nonsense money" and could financially masturbate all over these prop/memorabilia auctions. Sigh. 

leia18f-3-web.jpg?enlarged

There's a link to the .pdf file of the catalog in this article (it's pretty big): http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/princess-leia-gold-bikini-put-auction-article-1.2365358

If they're going to make a Han Solo movie, then they need to cast Anthony Ingruber as Solo. Look him up, dude is a spitting image and would LOVE the opportunity.

But the stand alone anthology movie I would like to see? Wedge Antilles. Awesome character, so much potential for a badass backstory.

If they're going to make a Han Solo movie, then they need to cast Anthony Ingruber as Solo. Look him up, dude is a spitting image and would LOVE the opportunity.

But the stand alone anthology movie I would like to see? Wedge Antilles. Awesome character, so much potential for a badass backstory.

Hell, they should make a series about Wedge and the Rogues. Wedge is the true star of those films, survived two Death Star runs, managed not to get shot down on Hoth (unlike Farmboy), and all without the crutch of the Force. 

That is the Batman we do not discuss.  Or is that the Clooney Batman?

It should be any Batman that wasn't Adam West.

If Porkins gets a film, then Tarkin needs one too. The only other guy apart from the Emperor who could tell Vader to jump, and Vader'd ask how high. And he blew up a planet full of hippy peaceniks.

• 4 weeks later...

OH MY ******* GOD I JUST CAME EVERYWHERE

Lol. I actually thought of you during that trailer. I said to myself, Rutgers is losing his mind right now. 

I'll have to watch it a couple more times, but my biggest takeaway was on an extremely brief shot of the X-Wing pilot dude--I'm not sure why. Reminded me of the Snowspeeder rescue scene from Empire for some reason (besides the obvious; camera angle and what not). 

n_a

Lol. I actually thought of you during that trailer. I said to myself, Rutgers is losing his mind right now. 

I'll have to watch it a couple more times, but my biggest takeaway was on an extremely brief shot of the X-Wing pilot dude--I'm not sure why. Reminded me of the Snowspeeder rescue scene from Empire for some reason (besides the obvious; camera angle and what not). 

n_a

"I'll finish what you started."

I also see a brief shot of what looks like a black Imperial shuttle without the dorsal fin thingy, which is kind of interesting. 

latest?cb=20100813150543

Anyway, I need to quit rewinding this and do something constructive like sleep. 

I like that we still haven't seen Luke. They didn't even put him on the poster. Abrams is the man at building participation.

Archived