Star Wars VII Has Begun Filming

RutgersJetFan

and it's only 3 seconds, they may have other features, they may do other things.  

the more I look at it the more it's just not a traditional saber at all.  I hope he doesn't take too many liberties with the iconic stuff

but hey, no lens flares !!!

And scaling back on CGI in order to keep the aesthetics consistent with the original trilogy. Said it way back in the beginning of this thread, this is a multibillion dollar franchise that Disney wants going for decades to come. There was no way in ******* hell that this isn't going to be awesome. They have too much riding on it.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And scaling back on CGI in order to keep the aesthetics consistent with the original trilogy. Said it way back in the beginning of this thread, this is a multibillion dollar franchise that Disney wants going for decades to come. There was no way in ******* hell that this isn't going to be awesome. They have too much riding on it.

very good idea.  it is comical to see gandalf look 40 years older in the hobbit than he does in lotr.

The sounds of the lasers were made by striking a metal wrench up the steel re-enforcement cables of a high-voltage electricity pylon - those long lines of power pylons that criss-cross most countries. The Millennium Falcon "shutdown" engine noise was sourced from an external air-conditioning unit on its last legs.

The sounds of the lasers were made by striking a metal wrench up the steel re-enforcement cables of a high-voltage electricity pylon - those long lines of power pylons that criss-cross most countries. The Millennium Falcon "shutdown" engine noise was sourced from an external air-conditioning unit on its last legs.

Really is so interesting.

I saw the trailer and had an awakening of my own. Tattooine has 2 suns and is 100% desert...and everyone on the planet is white?

Very cool trailer though. I believe Mr Abrams is going to do good things.

I have the same beliefs about JJ. Hopefully my high expectations are met.

I saw the trailer and had an awakening of my own.  Tattooine has 2 suns and is 100% desert...and everyone on the planet is white?

Very cool trailer though.  I believe Mr Abrams is going to do good things.

Wait what? Since when has that been the case? Jawas aren't white. Tusken Raiders aren't white. The patrons of the cantina are diverse as hell. Lando Calrissian was a black guy and he got to fly the Millennium Falcon!

The only reason I even see them in the theaters is because the wife and I have a tradition of seeing Tolkien. The new trilogy looks like absolute sh*t.

yeah I'm getting kinda sad about the next movie being the last, but it has disappointed me on so many levels.  the hobbit is the perfect adventure story, we don't need made up romances or major plot changes to make it better.  I read it out loud to my daughter getting ready for the first one, and just knew jackson and boyens would focus on all the wrong things.

but back to star wars.  true story.  my friends father got us out of school early to see the very first screening of episode V on opening day.  this was waaaaaaaay before the internet or spoilers, so nobody knew the immortal phrase vader was going to tell luke that day

as we exit the theater, the exit door is on the side of the building, we are parked in front, so we pass bye the people waiting to get into the 2nd show.

my friend lets the cat out of the bag !! 

he said something like "I can't believe darth vader is lukes father "!!!!!!

holy sh*t, lol

I love JJ's emphasis on practical FX for this film.  Please keep it coming.  I also loved the soccer ball robot.  The robot from Interstellar was cool and hopefully we get to see some cool now droids in Star Wars.

but back to star wars.  true story.  my friends father got us out of school early to see the very first screening of episode V on opening day.  this was waaaaaaaay before the internet or spoilers, so nobody knew the immortal phrase vader was going to tell luke that day

as we exit the theater, the exit door is on the side of the building, we are parked in front, so we pass bye the people waiting to get into the 2nd show.

my friend lets the cat out of the bag !! 

he said something like "I can't believe darth vader is lukes father "!!!!!!

holy sh*t, lol

That is funny. I'll bet that happened a lot outside theaters around the world.

I vaguely remember seeing Jedi in the theater. The whole place was packed, and everyone would yell and cheer whenever Han came on the screen. I remember getting mad because I couldn't hear the dialogue over the noise the crowd was making. It was crazy.

That is funny. I'll bet that happened a lot outside theaters around the world.

I vaguely remember seeing Jedi in the theater. The whole place was packed, and everyone would yell and cheer whenever Han came on the screen. I remember getting mad because I couldn't hear the dialogue over the noise the crowd was making. It was crazy.

I wss telling my kids just a few days ago that I have never been to a movie before or since where the characters were cheered/booed when they first appeared on screen

very unique phenomena to this franchise, and I can guarantee you it will happen in episode VII

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

New trailer. Prepare to jizz in your pants, Warsies. (Even I'm starting to really look forward to this movie.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCc2v7izk8w

will be something else to see Han and Chewy in this, looking forward to it but expecting it to suck

New trailer. Prepare to jizz in your pants, Warsies. (Even I'm starting to really look forward to this movie.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCc2v7izk8w

All the guys in my office between the ages of 32 and 45 are geeking out like mother****ers right now while everyone else is mocking us. 

But we don't care because that looks AWESOME!!!

All the guys in my office between the ages of 32 and 45 are geeking out like mother****ers right now while everyone else is mocking us. 

But we don't care because that looks AWESOME!!!

I'm 46 so I just miss that age group.  I would say I am silent geeking out like a mother ****er.  The Dark Side has shown not reveal my emotions yet.

Archived