Star Wars VII Has Begun Filming

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

thank you !

I will have to have a marathon later this year to brush up !!!!

They're supposedly doing an IMAX release of the trilogy in the month leading up to 7. Here's to hoping it's not the SEs.

2/1 they also put up the unedited originals on iTunes in the fall to make everyone buy it again. Abrams has already said they're planning on putting them out at some point.

They're supposedly doing an IMAX release of the trilogy in the month leading up to 7. Here's to hoping it's not the SEs.

2/1 they also put up the unedited originals on iTunes in the fall to make everyone buy it again. Abrams has already said they're planning on putting them out at some point.

holy crap !!!   they are going to be printing money all year....

hey can you post the pics of the jets helmet here ?  my upload keeps failing

txs

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/instantawesome-nflstarwars-150416/celebrate-new-trailer-checking-awesome-helmets-mix-star-wars-characters-nfl-teams

holy crap !!!   they are going to be printing money all year....

hey can you post the pics of the jets helmet here ?  my upload keeps failing

txs

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/instantawesome-nflstarwars-150416/celebrate-new-trailer-checking-awesome-helmets-mix-star-wars-characters-nfl-teams

I need this on a t-shirt

BKMjdzl.jpg

All the guys in my office between the ages of 32 and 45 are geeking out like mother****ers right now while everyone else is mocking us. 

But we don't care because that looks AWESOME!!!

This.

I got chills watching the trailer during lunch yesterday.  It hit something primal.

I don’t even know what to call the feeling I had when they showed Han and Chewie.  A movie has never made me feel like that as an adult.  

I stood up at my desk, put my fists in the air like Rocky at the top of the stairs, exclaimed "YES!"

In related news, the new StarWars game based on the original trilogy dropped a trailer. Amazing.    For fun, check the bottom video, which is the original star wars video game on the Atari 2600, there's about 30 years in between these two, gotta love exponential curves

I was excited about this when I first heard about it, but then when I heard J.J. Abrams was directing, my proverbial boner wilted significantly.

I had no opinion on him either way before, but I feel like he really dropped the ball on the Star Trek reboots by completely ignoring the established timelines and canon with a jerk-off, Michael-Bay-style "kewl 'splosions and WTF is character arc" approach that absolutely missed the cerebral aura that made the franchise a beloved success for 40-odd years. Not to mention the fact that the wanton and indiscriminate scientific inaccuracies completely took away all believability--and Star Trek has always been pretty good about doing their homework and at least being plausible with their technology and science-y moments.

That said, I'm admittedly more of a "Trekkie" than I am a "Warsie" so if Abrams completely jizzes all over the new Star Wars it won't bother me as much. Just get ready for some possible alternate timelines or black hole sci-fi cliche horse crap. Oh, and lots of lens flare.

06b59a982c29c4e8de1acfb16a5ae9f267c613d2

Huh? The 2009 Star Trek reboot was excellent. I'm sorry if it wasn't as stimulating to you as an episode of deep space 9

Huh? The 2009 Star Trek reboot was excellent. I'm sorry if it wasn't as stimulating to you as an episode of deep space 9

As an admitted Trekkie, I hated it. Without going into obsessive fanboy detail again (although Rutgers would love it if I did--haha), I just feel like the biggest problem was that it missed the mark as far as capturing the overall cerebral feel of the franchise. It was a complete departure from everything that made Trek beloved by dork douchebags like myself and more of a film for non-fans who had no emotional investment in the brand. 

I do think Abrams seems to be a better fit for Star Wars, though, and I'm expecting Episode VII to be good. The trailers look pretty damn awesome so far. 

In related news, the new StarWars game based on the original trilogy dropped a trailer. Amazing. For fun, check the bottom video, which is the original star wars video game on the Atari 2600, there's about 30 years in between these two, gotta love exponential curves

Game looks amazing

As an admitted Trekkie, I hated it. Without going into obsessive fanboy detail again (although Rutgers would love it if I did--haha), I just feel like the biggest problem was that it missed the mark as far as capturing the overall cerebral feel of the franchise. It was a complete departure from everything that made Trek beloved by dork douchebags like myself and more of a film for non-fans who had no emotional investment in the brand. 

I do think Abrams seems to be a better fit for Star Wars, though, and I'm expecting Episode VII to be good. The trailers look pretty damn awesome so far. 

I can relate.  As a tolkien geek I wanted to strangle jackson for what he did the the hobbit. 

Hey, I never got into Star trek when I was younger, but I'm a total sci fi geek so it should be right up my alley. I have 2 questions  1) Is TNG >>>> TOS and 2) What order do you recommend watching them? I found this online, but there was an awful lot of caveats, so i wanted to double check with someone i knew

• Star Trek: The Original Series
  • Star Trek Films 1 through 6. Not 7!
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation
  • Star Trek Film 7
  • Star Trek: Voyager
  • Star Trek Films 8 through 10
  • Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
  • Star Trek: Enterprise

If you insist, you could watch DSN (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) before Voyager (where it chronologically belongs), but I found it rather dry, and very distant from Roddenberry's Star Trek. Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion; a lot of people will tell you that VOY is awful and DSN is great.

And if you really insist, you may then watch Star Trek: Enterprise (ENT), which is the prequel to TOS, shot after VOY. It kind of goes in the opposite direction than TNG, starting from TOS. (Note that TOS, TNG and ENT take place on a ship called Enterprise, so don't confuse the series (ENT) with the ship.)

Hey, I never got into Star trek when I was younger, but I'm a total sci fi geek so it should be right up my alley. I have 2 questions  1) Is TNG >>>> TOS and 2) What order do you recommend watching them? I found this online, but there was an awful lot of caveats, so i wanted to double check with someone i knew

This is mostly going to be a matter of opinion depending on whom you ask. As far as the TV series, both TOS and TNG have some excellent episodes to boast about, and there are some real stinkers in both as well. For me, I grew up watching TNG and had to catch TOS on reruns here and there, so TNG is definitely the winner in my opinion. The series didn't really start hitting its stride until the third season or thereabouts, so I feel like the earlier ones aren't as good. 

I didn't get into the other spin-off series as much, but Voyager was probably my favorite of those. DS9 and Enterprise were kind of just meh, but you'll find people who disagree. Regardless, you won't be missing much if you just focus on TNG and TOS. 

Movie-wise, there are a few must-sees and a few you can probably skip, with the majority falling somewhere in between. For TNG, Generations and First Contact are probably the best two. As far as the original cast, The Wrath of Khan (which is II) is widely considered to be the best movie of the entire franchise, and I would probably agree there. Other good ones are The Undiscovered Country (which is VI), The Voyage Home (which is IV) and The Search for Spock (which is III). 

The appealing thing (or the unappealing thing, depending on how you look at it) about Trek is that it's got a history of being pretty character-driven, so the more you get to know everyone's personalities and get to developing an affection for the group, the more you'll enjoy watching.  

Anyway, I hope that helps. 

See? And you were bitching about the wind velocity or some sh*t regarding the x-wings a while back. All is well. Told you sooooo.

This is mostly going to be a matter of opinion depending on whom you ask. As far as the TV series, both TOS and TNG have some excellent episodes to boast about, and there are some real stinkers in both as well. For me, I grew up watching TNG and had to catch TOS on reruns here and there, so TNG is definitely the winner in my opinion. The series didn't really start hitting its stride until the third season or thereabouts, so I feel like the earlier ones aren't as good. 

I didn't get into the other spin-off series as much, but Voyager was probably my favorite of those. DS9 and Enterprise were kind of just meh, but you'll find people who disagree. Regardless, you won't be missing much if you just focus on TNG and TOS. 

Movie-wise, there are a few must-sees and a few you can probably skip, with the majority falling somewhere in between. For TNG, Generations and First Contact are probably the best two. As far as the original cast, The Wrath of Khan (which is II) is widely considered to be the best movie of the entire franchise, and I would probably agree there. Other good ones are The Undiscovered Country (which is VI), The Voyage Home (which is IV) and The Search for Spock (which is III). 

The appealing thing (or the unappealing thing, depending on how you look at it) about Trek is that it's got a history of being pretty character-driven, so the more you get to know everyone's personalities and get to developing an affection for the group, the more you'll enjoy watching.  

Anyway, I hope that helps. 

Agree with most of this. Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock are not just great Star Trek movies, they're classic SciFi. Wrath especially is so great. V and VI are OK. I and IV are steaming piles of dogsh*t. Particularly IV which is embarrassingly absurd (Whales? Seriously?). Generations didn't happen, though is unintentionally funny if you smoke a ton of weed beforehand. First Contact is OK. Insurrection and Nemesis suck. The TNG movies aren't really must sees to be honest.

Look man I don't know what else to say. I was a big fan growing up of the original series from the 60's- as a kid I used to watch the reruns everyday on wpix and take out VHS tapes from the library to watch the original Kirk and Spock.

Abrams' 2009 Star Trek film was fabulous. If what you like is slow plot development, crappy effects and make up for all those TNG spinoffs from the 90's ok more power.

Agree with most of this. Wrath of Khan and Search for Spock are not just great Star Trek movies, they're classic SciFi. Wrath especially is so great. V and VI are OK. I and IV are steaming piles of dogsh*t. Particularly IV which is embarrassingly absurd (Whales? Seriously?). Generations didn't happen, though is unintentionally funny if you smoke a ton of weed beforehand. First Contact is OK. Insurrection and Nemesis suck. The TNG movies aren't really must sees to be honest.

There's a reason why the even number Star Trek movies got a reputation for being better -because they were. Voyage Home was a good departure from the series and I expect that the next sequel directed by Justin Lin will at least partially feature the crew time traveling to present day.

The only decent tng movie was first contact the others including generations were terrible.

Voyage Home was a good departure from the series

It's horrible. Has not held up well at all. You can't watch that after watching II and III and associate the words good or departure after. The entire thing is a campy joke with way too much forced humor and a laughably bad plot.

It's horrible. Has not held up well at all. You can't watch that after watching II and III and associate the words good or departure after. The entire thing is a campy joke with way too much forced humor and a laughably bad plot.

And you think 3 held up? Search for Spock was hot garbage

Archived