The Jets' News Threads

SoFlaJets

where somebody would copy and past each of that day's printed stories from The Post, Daily News, Star Ledger, NY Times as well as ESPN stuff and even some of the fluff pieces from the Jets' site are missed by THIS Jet Nation veteran. Anybody feel like doing it this month or season? TODAY!!

NY Post - Wilkerson told Gang Green he wants to be a Jet for Life

Muhammad Wilkerson isn’t keeping his feelings about the Jets close to the vest.

Whatever leverage the Pro Bowl defensive lineman might have had in his ongoing contract talks appeared to go right out the window Thursday when Wilkerson told The Post he had informed the team in January he wants to be “a Jet for life.”

“I told them at the end of the year last year that I want to be a Jet — a Jet for life,” Wilkerson said at a Play 60 appearance at the team’s headquarters. “I’m from the area [Linden, N.J.], I’m a local guy, so I would love to be here and finish my career here.”

Wilkerson also reiterated he will not hold out this summer if the Jets — as expected — pick up the cheaper fifth-year option in his current contract instead of signing him to a more lucrative long-term deal.

Wilkerson told The Post talks about a long-term contract are ongoing between his agent and the Jets, but the slow pace set by general manager John Idzik doesn’t worry him.

“That’s what I have an agent for,” Wilkerson said. “I’m not holding out. My agent is talking with Idzik, and that’s all I can say. I have nothing to do with that. I’m just going to let him take care of that. That’s his job. I’m just here to play ball.

“It is what it is. If [a long-term deal] happens, it happens. I don’t control what goes on upstairs.”

Wilkerson, in fact, praised Idzik and defended him against fan base grumbling about the GM’s relative inactivity in free agency.

“I’m all about all the moves they’ve made here,” Wilkerson said. “We have a great GM here in Idzik, and he’s a man with a plan. We’re going to rally behind him and do what we have to do.”

One of Idzik’s few moves this offseason was the signing of Michael Vick, another move that has Wilkerson smiling.

Wilkerson insisted Vick would help second-year quarterback Geno Smith instead of be a threat to Smith’s development.

“[Vick’s] a veteran leader, and I’m looking forward to him coming in here and helping out the offense as well as the organization,” Wilkerson said. “His résumé speaks for itself in the league. He was with [offensive coordinator] Marty [Mornhinweg] in Philly, so I think that’ll help. He’s used to the system, and I think that he’ll definitely help Geno move forward at this young stage in his career.”

NY Post - Wilkerson told Gang Green he wants to be a Jet for Life

Muhammad Wilkerson isn’t keeping his feelings about the Jets close to the vest.

Whatever leverage the Pro Bowl defensive lineman might have had in his ongoing contract talks appeared to go right out the window Thursday when Wilkerson told The Post he had informed the team in January he wants to be “a Jet for life.”

“I told them at the end of the year last year that I want to be a Jet — a Jet for life,” Wilkerson said at a Play 60 appearance at the team’s headquarters. “I’m from the area [Linden, N.J.], I’m a local guy, so I would love to be here and finish my career here.”

Wilkerson also reiterated he will not hold out this summer if the Jets — as expected — pick up the cheaper fifth-year option in his current contract instead of signing him to a more lucrative long-term deal.

Wilkerson told The Post talks about a long-term contract are ongoing between his agent and the Jets, but the slow pace set by general manager John Idzik doesn’t worry him.

“That’s what I have an agent for,” Wilkerson said. “I’m not holding out. My agent is talking with Idzik, and that’s all I can say. I have nothing to do with that. I’m just going to let him take care of that. That’s his job. I’m just here to play ball.

“It is what it is. If [a long-term deal] happens, it happens. I don’t control what goes on upstairs.”

Wilkerson, in fact, praised Idzik and defended him against fan base grumbling about the GM’s relative inactivity in free agency.

“I’m all about all the moves they’ve made here,” Wilkerson said. “We have a great GM here in Idzik, and he’s a man with a plan. We’re going to rally behind him and do what we have to do.”

One of Idzik’s few moves this offseason was the signing of Michael Vick, another move that has Wilkerson smiling.

Wilkerson insisted Vick would help second-year quarterback Geno Smith instead of be a threat to Smith’s development.

“[Vick’s] a veteran leader, and I’m looking forward to him coming in here and helping out the offense as well as the organization,” Wilkerson said. “His résumé speaks for itself in the league. He was with [offensive coordinator] Marty [Mornhinweg] in Philly, so I think that’ll help. He’s used to the system, and I think that he’ll definitely help Geno move forward at this young stage in his career.”

That's great to see. Us Jet fans want to see him be a Jet for life

I used to love these.  Definitely with the links though, have to credit the source.

Yea with the links is OK Max, but I hate when posters JUST post a link instead of taking the time to copy, paste and most of the time when I used to do the daily Jets News Threads, there was always a lot of editing that went into it-that's if you want to make it look good and all....I had gotten to the point on my old computer where I was even able to post the pictures  that accompanied the threads. This new IMac 'puter I'm using, well it's a whole different story, I'll get it...eventually 

Just go here and scroll down to the team news: http://www.theredzone.org/

yea I 'KNOW' how to find the stories Steve, the thing I'm talking about is there were a few of us through the years here at JN who used to make daily Jets News Threads for each day. It was always more convenient to be able to click on a thread and read ALL the day's stories in one thread by scrolling down. When it was good we would be adding afternoon edition stories and keep bumping it up that way.  

where somebody would copy and past each of that day's printed stories from The Post, Daily News, Star Ledger, NY Times as well as ESPN stuff and even some of the fluff pieces from the Jets' site are missed by THIS Jet Nation veteran. Anybody feel like doing it this month or season? TODAY!!

Didn't that used to be YOUR job, Jimmy?

Didn't that used to be YOUR job, Jimmy?

yup me and one of the other Florida guys used to post them-before FlJets it was me and my old buddy Jetcane, I became a free agent and Max couldn't afford to meet my agents' price OR...management figured my legs were going and it wouldn't be a smart way to tie up 3.5 bags of caramels-such is life in the big city Al

yup me and one of the other Florida guys used to post them-before FlJets it was me and my old buddy Jetcane, I became a free agent and Max couldn't afford to meet my agents' price OR...management figured my legs were going and it wouldn't be a smart way to tie up 3.5 bags of caramels-such is life in the big city Al

Lol.......

I did it for 3 seasons here, and people bit#hed, so I stopped 

Archived