For anyone that puts stock in this Wonderlic scores for top QB's in draft

faba

JaMarcus Russell has fairly obvious psychological and addiction issues that were never seriously addressed for equally obvious reasons. It would have been nice to see how good he really could have been.

You never know how someone will react to being handed a check for $5,000,000+.

You never know how someone will react to being handed a check for $5,000,000+.

**** that. Mobile and LSU are different worlds when it comes to star football prospects and drug addictions. The dude had been downing sizzurp by the gallon for years and nobody gave two sh*ts. Personal responsibility is one thing but the allegory of the cave certainly counts for something too.

**** that. Mobile and LSU are different worlds when it comes to star football prospects and drug addictions. The dude had been downing sizzurp by the gallon for years and nobody gave two sh*ts. Personal responsibility is one thing but the allegory of the cave certainly counts for something too.

I just went through a prescription of Tylenol-3 within 48 hours. It was supposed to last a week. If someone gave me $5 milly, I'm going full Len Bias.

Interesting factoids I came across regarding the Wonderlic. Not sure if true.

1. Wonderlic results have next to no correlation to the success of any player group, except at corner, where the worst scores often belonged to the most successful players at the position.

2. Some teams view exceedingly high Wonderlic scores negatively, as it points to a player who may be too smart to be manipulated by standard motivational tactics..

Interesting factoids I came across regarding the Wonderlic. Not sure if true.

1. Wonderlic results have next to no correlation to the success of any player group, except at corner, where the worst scores often belonged to the most successful players at the position.

2. Some teams view exceedingly high Wonderlic scores negatively, as it points to a player who may be too smart to be manipulated by standard motivational tactics..

I should have administered on my wife before getting married

JaMarcus Russell has fairly obvious psychological and addiction issues that were never seriously addressed for equally obvious reasons. It would have been nice to see how good he really could have been.

It really would have been. I remember Billik and Ozzie Newsome saying how in their years of evaluating players the most talented prospect that they saw in over a decade was Russell and that Calvin Johnson was second. As an LSU fan, I saw every game he played and discounting the now obvious off-field issues, he's still probably the most talented Tiger to come out this decade.  

He had all the upside in the world and his major negatives were all correctable: weight gain (was a problem in college), due to confidence in his arm he would often throw into tight coverage, because of his size he would hold the ball too long waiting for receivers to get open instead of throwing to spots etc. I honestly thought we were going to see a combination of Roethlisberger and Cutler and that he would carry that Raiders' franchise back to prominence.  He clearly had personal demons, but people forget that he was mentored pretty much his whole career by Jimbo Fisher and had a very, very good understanding of the game, which often gets overlooked because of the purple drank and money-wasting issues. Terrible waste, really wanted to see him succeed. 

Archived