Teddy taking a tumble?

Greenseed4

Even after struggling at his Pro Day, ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Friday that Louisville QB Teddy Bridgewater's private workouts with NFL clubs "have also gone very shakily."

Mort believes Bridgewater's forthcoming draft-day slide won't occur solely because of his Pro Day. He says Bridgewater's private passing sessions with teams have been underwhelming, too. Mortensen added that teams remain concerned with Bridgewater's smallish hands. Once considered the likely No. 1 overall pick, Bridgewater's fall could ultimately mimic Geno Smith's from last year.

This confuses me, as Bridgewater was metrically (and visually) demonstrated to be the (hands down) BEST quarterback of this class.  The mention of hand-size makes me wonder if the NFL-sized football is giving him fits, and if that is something that can be worked through.  

For me, if Bridgewater is there at #18, we should draft our franchise QB of the future, and not look back.  Allow Vick to help the offense get implemented, and let these youngsters compete for the job.  Having that sort of QB depth would be phenomenal. 

This confuses me, as Bridgewater was metrically (and visually) demonstrated to be the (hands down) BEST quarterback of this class.  The mention of hand-size makes me wonder if the NFL-sized football is giving him fits, and if that is something that can be worked through.  

For me, if Bridgewater is there at #18, we should draft our franchise QB of the future, and not look back.  Allow Vick to help the offense get implemented, and let these youngsters compete for the job.  Having that sort of QB depth would be phenomenal. 

Idzik was at Bridgewater's pro day. Perhaps the Jets are on to something.

Say you're the Jaguars, or the Titans, or the Texans, and you know you need a QB, and you work out Teddy and Bortles and Manziel, then you go talk to your scouting director, who is watching film of Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota, and this scouting director says, "I think you should wait a year."

Say you're the Jaguars, or the Titans, or the Texans, and you know you need a QB, and you work out Teddy and Bortles and Manziel, then you go talk to your scouting director, who is watching film of Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota, and this scouting director says, "I think you should wait a year."

Remind him he said that last year and take Bridgewater or Manziel anyway?

I still don't like any of these QBs in the first round, except maybe if I'm the Pats and want to stash someone until Brady retires.  I tell ya what, if I'm the Pats, I grab Mettenberger at the bottom of the first and don't look back.

mettenberger is intriguing

the Jags, Titans and Texans that means only 1 of those 3 will get Winston, who by the way, has way more real red flags than any of these guys. Better player on the field, tho he might be. 

the Jags, Titans and Texans that means only 1 of those 3 will get Winston, who by the way, has way more real red flags than any of these guys. Better player on the field, tho he might be. 

Winston will be the next Teddy. You realize come 3 months before the draft they aren't Andrew Luck and you'd prefer to take a good player instead.

Its amazing to me how a guy can be perceived one way during the time hes actually playing on a field and then a completely different way when his hands, feet and cock are being measured and that becomes the law.

if I'm not mistaken, he has been using the NFL sized football at his workouts and there is some speculation there is a connection to the poor workouts and his cock size.  he may be the next phenom, but I don't see it

If he is there at 18 the Jets should RUN up to the podium and take him.

They should field trade offers. This is a deep draft, and adding picks in the second and third rounds would be a smart way to approach it. I know they already have an abundance of picks, but after trading down early they could trade back up later and keep that number manageable - and target specific players in the middle rounds that might not otherwise make it to them.

Geno showed improvement at the end of last season, and they spent $5M on an insurance policy at the position. I don't think they'll take another option at QB early, I think they'll take players who help the QBs they have.

Have you ever heard of a top QB prospect having trouble with football size?

I'm wondering if this is a real thing. The fact that he's trying new things -glove on, glove off- is curious at the very least.

Have you ever heard of a top QB prospect having trouble with football size?

brees ?  yeah I don't know what football size is.  brady's combine picture is epic.  you would think wilson and brees killled that idea.  I just don't like his release or arc on the ball.  I think a windy day in the NFL would crush his soul

brees ? yeah I don't know what football size is. brady's combine picture is epic. you would think wilson and brees killled that idea. I just don't like his release or arc on the ball. I think a windy day in the NFL would crush his soul

Wilson and Brees are anomalies. Both are 6'0 qbs with huge hands...As in, 10"1/4 hands.

Think Winston is worth waiting for.  There's 2 problems with this. 1) He might not come out.  Everytime I see an interview with this kid he looks like he is having a hell of a good time.  Sex allegations aside. 2)  He is also a pretty good baseball player.  If I had a choice where I would be throwing a ball it would be in a league where 300 pound men weren't trying to rip my head off 

I still don't like any of these QBs in the first round, except maybe if I'm the Pats and want to stash someone until Brady retires.  I tell ya what, if I'm the Pats, I grab Mettenberger at the bottom of the first and don't look back.

This would break my heart.  And is very possible.

Mettenberger  improved a great deal during his college career.  Think if he is stashed on an NFL roster he will continue to improve.  

I had hoped the Jets would take him in the 3rd, but one of the better, smarter NFL teams could easily take him in the late 1st  

This would break my heart.  And is very possible.

Mettenberger  improved a great deal during his college career.  Think if he is stashed on an NFL roster he will continue to improve.  

I had hoped the Jets would take him in the 3rd, but one of the better, smarter NFL teams could easily take him in the late 1st

The Pats are going all in for a Super Bowl run this year. They're not taking a backup QB in the first round.

The Pats are going all in for a Super Bowl run this year. They're not taking a backup QB in the first round.

They're all but certainly losing Mallett after this season and Brady can't play forever, if someone they really like falls, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities. They've worked out pretty much every top QB. I just think it depends on who falls to them.

They're all but certainly losing Mallett after this season and Brady can't play forever, if someone they really like falls, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities. They've worked out pretty much every top QB. I just think it depends on who falls to them.

I'd be very surprised, and Brady would be pissed. Lol.

I don't think Belichick gives much of a sh*t what happens to the Pats after his time is done, either, and that time has to be drawing closer, too. The man is coming up on his 62nd birthday.

I'd be very surprised, and Brady would be pissed. Lol.

I don't think Belichick gives much of a sh*t what happens to the Pats after his time is done, either, and that time has to be drawing closer, too. The man is coming up on his 62nd birthday.

You're probably right. I'd peg Belichick for a guy who'd rather purposely sh*t-tank the Pats so that after he leaves they're terrible, further emphasizing how good he was.  All joking aside, life must be pretty great when you're rich and give zero f*cks what anyone thinks about you. Although, I also think he's incapable of happiness, so that makes me feel a little better about it.

Archived