Teddy taking a tumble?

Greenseed4

When I read that Buffalo drafted EJ Manuel because his over 10" hands were so large, I thought they were crazy.  Reading more, it seems that NFL teams have been paying more and more attention to hand size for years. I think Tyler Bray was cut almost as soon as they saw the size of his hands.  So we might be seeing the norm with these hand size comparisons.

Seriously can't believe all the hate this kid is getting, especially from people on this forum. Are you guys seriously hating on this kid cause he had a sh*t combine and had crappy workouts? Ever heard of a guy named Brady, Brees? Or what about the combine master Jamarcus Russell? Bridgewater is honestly the smartest qb in this draft and he's a hell of a competitor. This is a guy who people who viewed as the best qb when playing. The teams that pass on him are going to regret it.

Seriously can't believe all the hate this kid is getting, especially from people on this forum. Are you guys seriously hating on this kid cause he had a sh*t combine and had crappy workouts? Ever heard of a guy named Brady, Brees? Or what about the combine master Jamarcus Russell? Bridgewater is honestly the smartest qb in this draft and he's a hell of a competitor. This is a guy who people who viewed as the best qb when playing. The teams that pass on him are going to regret it.

He's my favorite too. Garoppolo second (of course). Manziel the wildcard (i really dunno). Everyone else I don't like besides Murray in the later rounds if still there. 

not hate

just not love

Weaknesses:

• Good, but not great, skill set
  • Is prone to throwing the ball late
  • Should improve ball placement
  • Inconsistent accuracy
  • Should improve footwork
  • Slight frame
  • Can he maintain weight?
  • Decent, but not a powerful, arm
  • Balls can flutter downfield
  • Takes sacks
  • Not a dual-threat

Player Comparison: Sam Bradford

brees and brady, lol

not hate

just not love

Weaknesses:

• Inconsistent accuracy
  • Slight frame
  • Takes sacks
  • Not a dual-threat

brees and brady, lol</p>

Brady doesn't have a great deep ball either.

He was a twig at the combine

Doesn't have a cannon

Everything else can be fixed

What's your point?

Edit::: dual threat? He has to run now? Why because he's black? Lol

Brady doesn't have a great deep ball either.

He was a twig at the combine

Doesn't have a cannon

Everything else can be fixed

What's your point?

Edit::: dual threat? He has to run now? Why because he's black? Lol

the point is he is hardly some once in every 10 years prospect.  his game does not translate well to the NFL in my opinion.  they compared him to sam bradford, I don't think race is an issue here

not hate

just not love

Weaknesses:

• Inconsistent accuracy
  • Slight frame
  • Takes sacks
  • Not a dual-threat

brees and brady, lol

Inconsistent accuracy and ball placement is just lies. The perceived deep ball issues are largely the product of Louisville using short to deep progression reads and aren't really a concern.

the point is he is hardly some once in every 10 years prospect.  his game does not translate well to the NFL in my opinion.  they compared him to sam bradford, I don't think race is an issue here

And who is? Where are we going to get this guy? You think it's Winston or Mariota? Hardly, both of them are right now no where near the complete qb Bridgewater is.

not hate

just not love

Weaknesses:

• Inconsistent accuracy
  • Slight frame
  • Takes sacks
  • Not a dual-threat

brees and brady, lol

How is that a bad comparison. Bradford was viewed as a once in a generation prospect when he was coming out. And some of those points are ridiculous. Improve footwork? He has probably the best footwork out of any qb in this draft. Do you guys even watch him play? Also, those points about his arm, once again Brees and Brady.

Inconsistent accuracy and ball placement is just lies. The perceived deep ball issues are largely the product of Louisville using short to deep progression reads and aren't really a concern.

not my scouting report.  walters.  there are other issues you left out.  big issues

And who is? Where are we going to get this guy? You think it's Winston or Mariota? Hardly, both of them are right now no where near the complete qb Bridgewater is.

what you have to look at with college QB's is the specific skill set to compete in the NFL.  I don't think bridgewaters skills translate.  that's not hate.  just like my opinion man

luck.  dunno. no and no.  irrelevant

How is that a bad comparison. Bradford was viewed as a once in a generation prospect when he was coming out. And some of those points are ridiculous. Improve footwork? He has probably the best footwork out of any qb in this draft. Do you guys even watch him play? Also, those points about his arm, once again Brees and Brady.

didn't say it was.  no.  your opinion. yes. probably. yes. pennington

what you have to look at with college QB's is the specific skill set to compete in the NFL.  I don't think bridgewaters skills translate.  that's not hate.  just like my opinion man

It's not even an opinion. It's just words. What is it about the ability to put the ball where it's supposed to go when it's supposed to be there is subject to getting lost in translation? It's not like he was being asked to do different things in college than he's going to have to do in the pros like he played in some goofy offense or something. You just didn't pick a very good scouting report to adopt. That site is kind of terrible.

ok so looking at the draft this morning... to answer the question where is Teddy's stock now and how far could Teddy fall

There are 4 teams out of the top 5 with dire QB need: HOU, JAC, CLE, OAK. 

there's also MIN at 8, TEN at 11 and STL at the 13 who seriously could use upgrades.

that means in the 16 teams prior to the Jets (STL picks twice), 7 have serious QB needs. there aren't 7 first round QBs thus supply as usual, cannot meet that demand. 

Worst case how does STL pass on Teddy. for who? Eric Ebron? Aaron Donald or Darqueze Dennard?  

Teddy has been nitpicked but is probably the most advanced (pro ready) passer of the top QBs. Not to say he's more magical than Johnny or more upside than Bortles, just most day 1 ready based on performance in that system.  It's possible all this Teddy falling business is a ruse and he goes top 3. If he's falling out of the top 5 its because of Robinson, Clowney and Mack being awesome prospects and teams forgetting about their terrible franchise killing QB need. 

Don't see Teddy taking a Geno-like fall to rd 2. the reason being his game film and bowl game performance. It's easy to be scared of Geno who is coming from an Air Raid offense and ridiculously streaky.  Teddy has a better resume, despite his bad pro day. 

and by the way if all of the above is false and the Jets do have a shot at Teddy at 18... why not? It's a value pick and the Jets QB situation is still turrible. 

It's not even an opinion. It's just words. What is it about the ability to put the ball where it's supposed to go when it's supposed to be there is subject to getting lost in translation? It's not like he was being asked to do different things in college than he's going to have to do in the pros like he played in some goofy offense or something. You just didn't pick a very good scouting report to adopt. That site is kind of terrible.

Who are you? You're a rather informed fellow.

Archived