The Jets are owned by an idiot which you already knew

Bugg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the stadium is already built

the parking lots are already there

the roads are complete

what can they change about the gameday experience ?  put up balloons ?

I don't see the point of doing this in the first place

Frank Luntz is a ******* punchline.

One look at his hairpiece should be enough for sensible people to know all his happy talk buzzword stuff is expensive BS. 

He could've monitored this board and saved a ton of cash.

the stadium is already built

the parking lots are already there

the roads are complete

what can they change about the gameday experience ?  put up balloons ?

I don't see the point of doing this in the first place

A DRUMLINE! Yeah, that'll work. Great idea, Boss. 

I totally agree with this the owner is an idiot. He doesn't care about winning. He needs to sell this team. Metlife stadium is the ugliest thing I have seen & did the jets really need a drum line it makes them more busch league then pro. No wonder why they lose so damn much.

Idzik was not a good hire at general manager either. The Jets need an owner that is a football first owner like the New York Giants owners are that's why they won 2 superbowls in the past 10 years meanwhile the Jets have done diddly sh*t getting to a AFC Championship & failing to reach the big game.

Now look where the jets are no playoffs for 3 consecutive seasons what a debacle and disgrace its like footballs version of the Mets or Cubs.

I totally agree with this the owner is an idiot. He doesn't care about winning. He needs to sell this team. Metlife stadium is the ugliest thing I have seen & did the jets really need a drum line it makes them more busch league then pro. No wonder why they lose so damn much.

Idzik was not a good hire at general manager either. The Jets need an owner that is a football first owner like the New York Giants owners are that's why they won 2 superbowls in the past 10 years meanwhile the Jets have done diddly sh*t getting to a AFC Championship & failing to reach the big game.

Now look where the jets are no playoffs for 3 consecutive seasons what a debacle and disgrace its like footballs version of the Mets or Cubs.

Woody doesn't give a rats ass about winning. F*cker has been barely staying within the salary cap. Why the hell can't he save some of the cap and make money? He's amongst the biggest spender in the league and that is just a huge disgrace. Those owners that save n spend very little in FA, truly care about winning. See the Bucs n Browns. World class owners.

And you're a smart fan. Really smart if you can figure out the 'not so secret' message in my post.

I don't know what Woody cares about or does not care about. I do know that he is a tool. I don't think he does not care about winning, just that he does not know what it takes to be a winner. Silver spoons have a way of doing that to people.

The fact our owner would entertain the idea of listening to the nobody's who think they are better then him should be enough to show you all he cares. I literally cannot stand the jets fans who have the snarky (think they are so humorous) comments on how they think the Jets whole organization sucks and they can run it all better.

No you can't run it better !! And you aren't real Jets fans. You are the overall problem.

The fact our owner would entertain the idea of listening to the nobody's who think they are better then him should be enough to show you all he cares. I literally cannot stand the jets fans who have the snarky (think they are so humorous) comments on how they think the Jets whole organization sucks and they can run it all better.

No you can't run it better !! And you aren't real Jets fans. You are the overall problem.

snarky ?   I prefer wise ass

I prefer dumb ass

yeah I can't see why jets fans complain they have so much______ to fall back on and remember fondly

what is that again ?

pain ?

misery ?

embarrassment ?

humiliation ?

disappointment ?

soul sucking losses ?

oh, I forgot, it's pride about how well run the team is

txs

+1

Simply why did Bellicheat and Parcells run away from Hofstra like the building was on fire once Johnson bough the team? There may be a host of sensilbe reasons they did so, and Bellicheat in fact has all the integrity of a well-used urinal cake. But the thing we keep coming back to is Johnson always hires people down the food chain who don't get promoted by sensible organizations-Tannebaum, Edwards, Ryan, Bradway, Idizk. Mangini might be the excpetion but clearly the guy tempramentally may not be HC material the way he pisses off players.

Johnson is i fact an idiot. He wants to be the bride at every wedding, the stiff at every funeral. ME ME ME. He could've hired the next big GM in Gamble or Ross and trust him to do the job. And instead he reaches for a retread who didn't get the corner office in Denver or Seattle. And he did it because he wants to run the show like a hand in a glove.Other owners are content to show politely up on SUndays or do charity work. This moron thinks it's about him. What a dick.

It's a joke.  Her's some "focus"-Tell you GM and coach to 1. get a real QB at all costs and 2. score some goddamn points.

The guy needs a Frank Luntz focus group to tell him 1. the stadium blows 2. is overpriced and 3. staying home is a better experience. Is he deaf, dumb and blind? This franchise is basically f___ked until he sells.

And we are not the problem. I can barely remember 1969 as I was all of 4. 5 decades of crappy football have shown many of us what a bad football team looks like. This is a bad football team. May be they eke out 7-9 wins by beating the tomato cans on the schedule with a decent defense. It's fool's gold.

This post is so typical of what's wrong with social media. The constant referring to a man Mr Johnson as an idiot or a tool is tiring and quite frankly shallow. Is that the best we can do? Mr Johnson may not be the best owner - what qualifies as the best owner I don't know - I guess if you win the SB you are a great owner - but the man has demonstrated a keen interest in this team, built by all accounts a training facility second to none, tried to get a stadium in Manhattan spending millions of his own $$. He genuinely likes people and dare I say I like our owner. He has tried to open the team up to the fans - he may not be the coolest guy but he's alright - gotta love when he wears the Jets hat as part of his wardrobe. Pretty unique.

I can't speak for you or anyone else, but since you're attempting to portray the point of view of a manager, maybe I can take the point of view of the consumer, whose family has spent at the minimum, the cost of a college education on season's tickets the past thirty three years.... Are you trying to say that consumer criticism doesn't have a place in the process... That we should feel grateful that he cares to listen? What exactly do you feel the main function of a forum should be, a cheering section? Smarter minds than ours appreciated the values of public debate.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_(Roman)

I would also be interested to know how long you've been paying for seats. Before you tell me that going doesn't increase the value of your opinion, consider the level of angsts that some people must have after 33 years of failure

I own season tickets as well but you will never here me bitch about it once. If people don't want the tickets then they should take the loss and sell them and they never will have to worry about it again.

So your a PSL owner or was that just an over sight? How long have you had season tickets?

My brother and I had season tickets from 1978-2007. The jets have been calling my house every year since begging me to buy tickets.

I remember the jets home games being blacked out at Shea in 76,77 and 78. The jets had a pr campaign in the summer of 78 to sell season tickets ( and they were cheap ). It was on the radio ( lol @ the 70's social media ). The jets vastly improved to 8-8 in 78 and the fans came back and sold out all the home games and the jets had more success moving forward. Hess never billed me for preseason games and he moved the jets out of that sh*t hole Shea stadium. He also didn't raise ticket prices for a long long time.

The game xp just sucks now. I have more fun going on jets road trips and watching home games on a big tv. The fact that they can't sell tickets anymore ( except to visiting fans lol) or can't figure out why is an absolute embarrassment.

Bottom line is that the Jets are an incompetent organization from top to bottom. And this focus group is further proof.

I can't speak for you or anyone else, but since you're attempting to portray the point of view of a manager, maybe I can take the point of view of the consumer, whose family has spent at the minimum, the cost of a college education on season's tickets the past thirty three years.... Are you trying to say that consumer criticism doesn't have a place in the process... That we should feel grateful that he cares to listen? What exactly do you feel the main function of a forum should be, a cheering section? Smarter minds than ours appreciated the values of public debate.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_(Roman)

I would also be interested to know how long you've been paying for seats. Before you tell me that going doesn't increase the value of your opinion, consider the level of angsts that some people must have after 33 years of failure

As an environmentalist tearing down a stadium with years of use left, and putting it into a landfill is a sin and Woody is just a greedy bastard, like Wilpon, both men are greedy pigs and simply wanted to rape

fans putting their greasy paws into the pockets of families, call Johnson and Wilpon what you will but

they are greedy and will burn in hell for their actions.

As an environmentalist tearing down a stadium with years of use left, and putting it into a landfill is a sin and Woody is just a greedy bastard, like Wilpon, both men are greedy pigs and simply wanted to rape

fans putting their greasy paws into the pockets of families, call Johnson and Wilpon what you will but

they are greedy and will burn in hell for their actions.

Woody did this?

Refresh my memory as to when it was that he owned any part of Giants Stadium.

My brother and I had season tickets from 1978-2007. The jets have been calling my house every year since begging me to buy tickets.

I remember the jets home games being blacked out at Shea in 76,77 and 78. The jets had a pr campaign in the summer of 78 to sell season tickets ( and they were cheap ). It was on the radio ( lol @ the 70's social media ). The jets vastly improved to 8-8 in 78 and the fans came back and sold out all the home games and the jets had more success moving forward. Hess never billed me for preseason games and he moved the jets out of that sh*t hole Shea stadium. He also didn't raise ticket prices for a long long time.

The game xp just sucks now. I have more fun going on jets road trips and watching home games on a big tv. The fact that they can't sell tickets anymore ( except to visiting fans lol) or can't figure out why is an absolute embarrassment.

Bottom line is that the Jets are an incompetent organization from top to bottom. And this focus group is further proof.

Agree with most of what you say here except giving Hess credit for moving the Jets to NJ and the Giants Stadium makes no sense. I hated him for it.

At the time myself and any NYJ fans we knew would have preferred that they stayed at Shea vs moving into Giants Stadium as second class renters.

Sh!t hole or not, at least Shea was our sh!t hole and not the Giants home stadium.

Simply why did Bellicheat and Parcells run away from Hofstra like the building was on fire once Johnson bough the team? There may be a host of sensilbe reasons they did so, and Bellicheat in fact has all the integrity of a well-used urinal cake. But the thing we keep coming back to is Johnson always hires people down the food chain who don't get promoted by sensible organizations-Tannebaum, Edwards, Ryan, Bradway, Idizk. Mangini might be the excpetion but clearly the guy tempramentally may not be HC material the way he pisses off players.

Johnson is i fact an idiot. He wants to be the bride at every wedding, the stiff at every funeral. ME ME ME. He could've hired the next big GM in Gamble or Ross and trust him to do the job. And instead he reaches for a retread who didn't get the corner office in Denver or Seattle. And he did it because he wants to run the show like a hand in a glove.Other owners are content to show politely up on SUndays or do charity work. This moron thinks it's about him. What a dick.

It's a joke.  Her's some "focus"-Tell you GM and coach to 1. get a real QB at all costs and 2. score some goddamn points.

The guy needs a Frank Luntz focus group to tell him 1. the stadium blows 2. is overpriced and 3. staying home is a better experience. Is he deaf, dumb and blind? This franchise is basically f___ked until he sells.

And we are not the problem. I can barely remember 1969 as I was all of 4. 5 decades of crappy football have shown many of us what a bad football team looks like. This is a bad football team. May be they eke out 7-9 wins by beating the tomato cans on the schedule with a decent defense. It's fool's gold.

Parcells the reason why Belichick left.  

Losing Belichick is the reason Parcells stepped down.

Moving on is what Parcells does, no matter who the owner is.  Is Kraft committed to winning? Parcells was negotiating his ouster from Kraft's team during the week preceding the superbowl.

He left here so he could move on to Tampa, and traded Keyshawn to Tampa because he felt that would help him after he went there.  Was going to take Tannenbaum with him as well.  Parcells ultimately backed out of that gig because his divorce wasn't finalized yet and Mrs. Parcells would have collected half his TB contract.  Then I think by the time that dust had settled, Tampa had already gone with Gruden.  So he went to Dallas instead like a year later or something.

Bradway was essentially a Parcells hire.  Tannenbaum would have been promoted by Parcells, to the same position he had with the Jets, had he gone to Tampa.

I'm no great fan of Woody Johnson.  I'm not a fan of any NFL team owner, frankly.  But Woody Johnson is not why either Parcells or Belichick left.  He also lost Belichick because of Parcells and hired Bradway because of Parcells, and undoubtedly promoted Tannenbaum due to the strong recommendation of Parcells.  

Parcells left Miami when Ross started parading JLo and Da Birdman through the facility. Kraft is on record as saying that his Parcells experience taught him not to meddle with his coach. Leaving Jerry Jones needs no explanation. Woody Johnson is a buffoon, walks like a buffoon, talks like a buffoon, and is renowned in league circles as a buffoon.

Archived