The Jets are owned by an idiot which you already knew

Bugg

They have an entire stadium they're not using. Stony Brook made a pitch for training camp, too. This is where the Jets largest concentration of fans lives, and he turned his backs on us - whether you think LI is a pain in the ass or not.

Or your being slightly overdramatic. Teams change training camp sites all the time.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or your being slightly overdramatic. Teams change training camp sites all the time.

Yes, I never shut up about it.

nfl-fans-map.jpg

See that little speck of green on LI? That's the only county in the country that prefers the Jets. Would've been nice to keep training camp here.

Wasn't the move to Cortland a Tanny/Rex call?

Getting away for training camp was. They have their facility near their shared sh*thole stadium, which is smart, but they could've "gotten away" to LI for camp, too. If Hofstra wasn't away enough, Stony Brook wanted in, too.

Getting away for training camp was. They have their facility near their shared sh*thole stadium, which is smart, but they could've "gotten away" to LI for camp, too. If Hofstra wasn't away enough, Stony Brook wanted in, too.

To be contrarian- being upstate provides for the "get away from life/bonding/etc" experience, no?

To be contrarian- being upstate provides for the "get away from life/bonding/etc" experience, no?

If they all have houses in joisey, LI provides the same experience. And like I said, if Hofstra wasn't far enough away, Stony Brook certainly is.

Woody did this?

Refresh my memory as to when it was that he owned any part of Giants Stadium.

Woody put was the catalyst behind the new stadium, it's about tearing down a facility

that was finally getting some age and vintage qualities, just like living devil Fred

Wilpon did with Shea, Woody isn't as bad as the piece of human sh*t that both wilpons

are, but then again it would be hard to be that low, that disgusting and that

repulsive.

Jet fans are some whiny bitches. Grown ass men sitting around and crying like a 3 year old girl with a skinned knee. "sob sob, I don't like the aesthetics of the new stadium." Do you actually devote time out of your limited lives to go look up pictures of the stadium just to be upset about it? You're not actually seeing the thing in real life for more then 2 minutes if at all.

Woody holds a focus group: he's a moron. He does his own thing: he ignores the fans.

Jet fans are some whiny bitches. Grown ass men sitting around and crying like a 3 year old girl with a skinned knee. "sob sob, I don't like the aesthetics of the new stadium." Do you actually devote time out of your limited lives to go look up pictures of the stadium just to be upset about it? You're not actually seeing the thing in real life for more then 2 minutes if at all.

Woody holds a focus group: he's a moron. He does his own thing: he ignores the fans.

Not a very good post. I don't understand it. Especially the bolded part.

Shea wasn't our sh*thole either. The mets ****ed the jets over all the time. Also that stadium was awful in the winter time. It wasn't enclosed on the perimeter so when you walked inside on the concourse it was just as cold as being in the stands. Also the bathrooms were atrocious.

I'm probably biased because I live in jersey too.

Biased in the sense I've lived either in Brooklyn or Rockaway so personally Shea wasn't nearly as bad a trip as Jints Stadium. But there wasn't much bad about Jints; the spirals made exiting very easy, and you could park close to the stadium.

Not a very good post. I don't understand it. Especially the bolded part.

When are you actually seeing the stadium? When you drive up to it? When you're tailgating you see one wall. When you're inside it looks like an ac unit?

... Woody Johnson is a buffoon, walks like a buffoon, talks like a buffoon, and is renowned in league circles as a buffoon.

Yet Woody was the one who pushed for, and got, the Super Bowl moved to a cold weather location for the first time in history. 

If he can do that, how can he be considered a buffoon among the owners?

Yes, I never shut up about it.

nfl-fans-map.jpg

See that little speck of green on LI? That's the only county in the country that prefers the Jets. Would've been nice to keep training camp here.

Jets belong on Long Island or at least New York City.  The Jets are part of the place, the fanbase is there.  I understand the savings of going half and half with the Giants, but Long Island, including Brooklyn and Queens, are where the Jets are most appreciated.

Woody put was the catalyst behind the new stadium, it's about tearing down a facility

that was finally getting some age and vintage qualities, just like living devil Fred

Wilpon did with Shea, Woody isn't as bad as the piece of human sh*t that both wilpons

are, but then again it would be hard to be that low, that disgusting and that

repulsive.

Where on earth do you get this from? The Giants were building a new stadium with or without the Jets as partners. 

Where on earth do you get this from? The Giants were building a new stadium with or without the Jets as partners.

Right, Mara is equally as guilty, Woody had always intended to build his own stadium,

remember the plan to build the Jets stadium over the rail yards ? The point is that Giants

Stadium should not have gone down,just like Shea, there is an argument that Yankee Stadium

because of it's age should have been demolished, but a second major renovation would have been

the best solution. Fenway Park is an example of a structure that has been slated for demo

by owners on several occasions,instead the public prevailed and they worked to keep the existing

structure in place, adding seats and a press box.

Right, Mara is equally as guilty, Woody had always intended to build his own stadium,

remember the plan to build the Jets stadium over the rail yards ? The point is that Giants

Stadium should not have gone down,just like Shea, there is an argument that Yankee Stadium

because of it's age should have been demolished, but a second major renovation would have been

the best solution. Fenway Park is an example of a structure that has been slated for demo

by owners on several occasions,instead the public prevailed and they worked to keep the existing

But Fenway will probably be a national monument one day, and Giants Stadium was a characterless, cement bowl. That's not really fair.

Your complaint is/was doing away with a perfectly-good stadium (or a renovate-able one, anyway), and are blaming Woody Johnson for it.  He didn't own Giants Stadium.  Mara/Tisch owned Giants Stadium.  Whether or not Woody Johnson would have rather moved to NYC or not, Mara/Tisch were tearing down Giants Stadium.  I don't understand the criticism.

So what if he wanted to build a stadium over the rail yards? That has nothing to do with demolishing Giants Stadium.  Frankly, I wish he was successful in moving the team to the city, and would have but for the Dolan, Silver, etc. But blaming Woody Johnson for demolishing Giants Stadium, once the Jets' lease was up, is pretty baseless.

Your complaint is/was doing away with a perfectly-good stadium (or a renovate-able one, anyway), and are blaming Woody Johnson for it.  He didn't own Giants Stadium.  Mara/Tisch owned Giants Stadium.  Whether or not Woody Johnson would have rather moved to NYC or not, Mara/Tisch were tearing down Giants Stadium.  I don't understand the criticism.

So what if he wanted to build a stadium over the rail yards? That has nothing to do with demolishing Giants Stadium.  Frankly, I wish he was successful in moving the team to the city, and would have but for the Dolan, Silver, etc. But blaming Woody Johnson for demolishing Giants Stadium, once the Jets' lease was up, is pretty baseless.

Both owners wanted new stadiums on the fans dime, I think NJ owned and payed for Giants Stadium.

I'm not sure who owns and paid for the air conditioner, probably the state of NJ, and the fans

are paying for it big time with ticket prices ect ext, Also the kids who don't get to go because

they got priced out or their dad just can't afford the $200 to $300 game day, that's where the greed

comes in. The state of NJ enticed the giants to come over from Yankee Stadium. and later the

Jets from Shea. A beautiful Jet Stadium in long island near Shea would have been nice, personally

I hated the idea of stadium over rail yards, just something creepy about it.

Woody would've been a great owner if he managed to get the Manhattan stadium, and much better if he took the city up on building in Queens. Instead, he wound up arguing over square inches of locker from space in an effort to look like he's on equal footing with the Giants.

So Woody could have been a great owner, if he wasn't Woody?

Here's a few things to ponder. The giants didn't want psl's for the new stadium. It was the Jets who insisted on having psl's.

Also, jet tickets are more expensive than giants tickets lol the giants won 2 Super Bowls in the last 7 years.

I have no doubt in my mind that the maras care more about their fans than woody johnson cares about his. I really don't hear giant fans complaining about the game day xp. Just jets fans

How long do you think the phone call took that convinced Woody he really wanted to pay for half of the new Giants Stadium?

Just saying I remember the Giants were doing this with or without the Jets. Had the Jets backed out or had Woody's WSS dreams come true, they still would have torn down Giants Stadium for this thing.

Still don't see how tearing down Giants Stadium was Woody Johnson's doing in any way.

Here's a few things to ponder. The giants didn't want psl's for the new stadium. It was the Jets who insisted on having psl's.

Also, jet tickets are more expensive than giants tickets lol the giants won 2 Super Bowls in the last 7 years.

I have no doubt in my mind that the maras care more about their fans than woody johnson cares about his. I really don't hear giant fans complaining about the game day xp. Just jets fans

Structure is different. I like literally nothing better about the new stadium, other than the lack of the Giants Stadium name on it, but I thought I remembered the lowest cost Jets PSLs being lower than corresponding ones for the Giants.

And the new stadium sucks for all. I know a few Giants fans who gave up their tickets & don't like the new stadium either.

Just saying I remember the Giants were doing this with or without the Jets. Had the Jets backed out or had Woody's WSS dreams come true, they still would have torn down Giants Stadium for this thing.

Still don't see how tearing down Giants Stadium was Woody Johnson's doing in any way.

I would have tore that thing down myself if they'd let me anywhere near a wrecking ball. My problem is with the new stadium

And the original allegation I was responding to was that it was somehow Johnson's fault they tore down Giants Stadium instead of renovating it.

Tearing down the old stadium, no. Everything after the fact points to the original premise that he's an idiot, who at best would be the guy screwing up my sandwich at Subway, if he wasn't born a Johnson.

Tearing down the old stadium, no. Everything after the fact points to the original premise that he's an idiot, who at best would be the guy screwing up my sandwich at Subway, if he wasn't born a Johnson.

Don't see what any of that has to do with blaming him for tearing down Giants Stadium.

Being born into the Johnson family is, was, and likely always will be his greatest accomplishment. So what?

I think NY actually got something right this time. Sharing the stadium is the smartest idea honestly. They actually both saved money and tax payer dollars didn't go to the building of two new stadiums.

And not once when you are their for a live game does it feel like the giants even own it.

Archived