Best Jets Of All Time

JetNation

1. Namath

2. Revis

3. Klecko

4. Toon

5. Favre

Favre? You're such a Mangini butt-kisser. Screw both those guys.

Maynard, McNeil, Gastineau, Winston Hill and many others before 3/4 of a season of Brett Favre.

The alternative all time

Johnny Lamb Jones

Vernon Gholston

Johnny Mitchell

Mike Haight

Blair Thomas

Johnny Mitchell gets such a bad rap. Guy had superstar talent and put up big numbers but, unfortunately, his head wasn't into the game. The rest of those guys were straight up turds, though.

The roughing the passer penalty against kozar has never been forgiven.

No, it's treated as if it lost them the game. It didn't. They were still down ten with 4 minutes left at their own 33 yard line. The Jets still had a chance to close out the game. They didn't. They still had a chance in overtime and didn't capitalize.

The call itself was questionable.

No, it's treated as if it lost them the game. It didn't. They were still down ten with 4 minutes left at their own 33 yard line. The Jets still had a chance to close out the game. They didn't. They still had a chance in overtime and didn't capitalize.

The call itself was questionable.

There was no way to predict what side of this issue you would be on.  :)

There was no way to predict what side of this issue you would be on.   :)

LOL

It's funny, but I do feel a little greasy with this username. He's not the easiest guy to root for, but he's still one of those guys for me that shines from those years when I first started watching football.

Being a skinny little kid from Bensonhurst who wasn't into comic books but sports, a guy who was 6'5 270 lbs. and ran a 4.56 forty was as close to a superhero as I had and a better role model than some of the others in my world.

The cover of sports illustrated, the Pro Bowl MVP, and even the sack dance was empowering through association, somehow. These things leave an emotional imprint that all of the other stuff can't completely erase.

And yeah, it wasn't a smart play. Totally on him. Some other guys would be easier to forgive and rationalize in favor of, though.

IMO Revis is probably the best player we've ever had. Still would have been idiotic to pay him $16M/year on a new deal, and only smarter by comparison to pay him $12M for this upcoming season, but that's because I don't think any one CB is worth ~10% or more of the team's salary cap limit.  I never saw Namath first-hand, but I did see Klecko and most of these others from ~1978 onward, and Revis is the best football player I've ever seen play in a Jets uniform. 

favre

lott

atwater

monk

riggins

Carpetbagger Hall of Fame!

In my opinion the whole superbowl 3 championship jets roster should be the best jets of all time then Curtis Martin & so on & so forth

I don't know about the whole roster.  That was before my time, but guys like Philbin, Grantham and Elliot were legit. 

Klecko might be the best Jets player ever but get zero respect from the NFL community and not enough from the Jets fan base.

Take away the SB and Joe is average and Martin was alwsys average. He was just average for a long period of ti

With all due respect, SB or no SB, Joe Klecko was a standout  All-Pro player and never just average. Other issues may be in play

as to why he is not in the HOF, but talent and ability are certainly not among them. Joe was a three-time All-Pro selection at both

defensive end and nose tackle, which I believe was never accomplished by anyone else. Seriously Mick, I think you are out of line

in calling him average. But then, you're entitled to your opinion.

Why do you dishonor Klecko by adding that POS's last name to it?

Spin it however you like but neither were choir boys (somethin...... somethin.... insurance fraud somethin....... guilty)

You choose to root for Kleck, cool,  I choose both. I was at Shea every game when they were both on top of their game and it was electric.

Cherieau!

Spin it however you like but neither were choir boys (somethin...... somethin.... insurance fraud somethin....... guilty)

You choose to root for Kleck, cool,  I choose both. I was at Shea every game when they were both on top of their game and it was electric.

Cherieau!

Amen. Gastikleck lives.

Revis isnt even on the list? 

People genuinely dislike him for wanting to get paid the most money possible for exposing himself to crazy health risks for their entertainment including but not limited to paralysis, severely arthritic joints nessesitating the use of a wheelchair, concussion related dementia and more.

Archived