Do you DVR Draft or sit there and watch Live

SouthernJet

Do you DVR Draft or sit there and watch Live  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you DVR Draft or sit there and watch Live

• DVR all 3 days
    • Watch Live all 3 days
    • Watch Rd. 1 live, DVR rest

Watch the first round in its entirety. All picks for every team. Watch day 2 depending on what's going on Friday night. Do housework, keep it on in the background and make sure to take breaks around all Jet picks.

what about Day 3?

I dont DVR anything. I was one of the early users of Tivo when it became available at the turn of the century. But after the novelty wore out in a few months i realized i never really watched any of the stuff and even stopped setting it up. I always found myself in front of the TV for stuff i liked to watch like Sopranos et al.

So now i do not even have a DVR right now. I will watch the first round live. And the 2nd round. Rest will be as and when i get time.

I take a personal holiday from my part time job so I can have off on Thursday night, so I'll watch it live AND DVR it.  Then I do the same on Friday, and then I work Saturday but I DVR that too.

Watch round one live and follow round two online up until our pick and then I'll switch over to television, same for round three.  I'll usually follow the other rounds again via the internet, but since we have three picks in the fourth, I'll probably tune in for that one as well. 

I'd order a bunch of food, turn off the phone and sit in the house the whole day watching and chatting about the picks.

Extactly.  I'd cook Italian food, order in whole chicken and duck from the Chinese joint, and make sure there was an abundant supply of beverages.  Good times that took some serious commitment. 

Missing an option:both. I watch the first round live on either ESPN or NFL depending on my mood, and DVR the other broadcast and then watch that.after. Second and third rounds I do the same thing but don't always rewatch on the other network the entire thing. After that I just pick one as past the third round I really don't have an idea of the players anymore, but research the Jets picks as they happen

I can't imagine DVR'ing the draft. The only thing interesting about it is the fact that it's live. I'll put it on if I'm home, surf the web, and look up when there's actually a pick coming in. Day three I'll track online, so I can click the names of players I've never heard of and read their draft reports, then open my JN tab and complain appropriately.

I watch all of it but ******* hate the new format. I liked it on one day, three days is ******* stupid and having only round one during the first day really sucks. At least do the first four rounds the first day.

+1 I hate this format, ok two days second day from rounds 3-7 but 3 days com'on.

I confess, I'm a DRAFTNIK. I watch all 3 days on ESPN because I like their War Room coverage more. However, I also DVR both the NFL channel and ESPN for all 3 days and compare the player analysis for each day and add that info, along with other sources, to formulate an opinion. I have NFL Sunday ticket to watch the JET Games,since I no longer live in Jersey. I watch the games throughout the season and see what positions we might target in the offseason. I will try to watch higher profiled college players when they are matched up against strong/like talent to make Truer evaluations. I do DVR the Senior Bowl practices to see how they respond to NFL coaching. I do it as a down time hobby and for me it is enjoyable. I was also able to plan a work trip to New York and go to the Draft for day 1&2 a few years back. That was FUN being around other TEAM fans as well both NY Team Fans. Hope some of you enjoy it as much as me, if not, maybe you will when your interest or time allows.

I will be at the Draft for all three days. I've be going to the draft for over twenty years. I do DVR all three days to see if I made it to the TV. I also try to listen if my J-E-T-S chant is audible.

tell us what u look like or what jersey etc so we all can keep an eye out for ya

Hate the new format. Used to make all the 1st round picks and watch the whole thing. Would fix a cooler and spend the day ALONE watching everything. Now I watch the 1st round and turn it off. Money has even screwed up the NFL draft for me.

Archived