Jets hold focus group: Fans slam team over PSLs and Vick

Maxman

Truly, I have no problem with Michael Vick being here. The guy paid his penalty and in this country that's how we do things, so get over it. I own dogs and have been a dog lover all my life and I was totally offended and outraged by what he did, but IT'S OVER. He's a Jet QB and I will support him. I also wouldn't be shocked if he was the opening day starter. If all you haters want to stay away be my guest...I'll just upgrade my seats.

the aggravating thing about the Vick signing is that you could see the very loud negative reaction coming a mile away and they STILL did it. they couldn't have signed any of the other mediocre QBs on the market?

What's uplifting is that, no doubt, Neil Glat will take everything he learned in that focus group, take it to heart, meditate on it, and then use that information to make the Jets game day experience a more affordable, comfortable, and hassle-free one for the fans. That, or he'll mine it for ways to increase revenues.

LOL.  That is the funny part.  How likely is it that they are going to listen to any of it?

People are mad about PSLs.  Oh well.  That ship has sailed.

And everyone who says the Jets are hurting with ticket sales etc.  I don't agree that they are hurting financially.  I don't have any inside info but here are two scenarios:

1) Selling out a stadium with minimal luxury boxes\corporate presence with moderately priced tickets

2) Selling 85% of tickets, and including a PSL, for a new stadium with a strong corporate presence and higher premium ticket prices

# 1 is obviously better for the fans.  It produces a louder stadium as well.  # 2 is what they have now and I would be the Jets are in a much better financial situation as a result.

They ruined the old business model in 2010 by partitioning parking lots with wired fencing and preferred parking for psl owners.

What lots are fenced in? I park in club lot E and people can freely walk into that lot. The only fences I see are to keep people walking into the major freeways, none between lots.

What lots are fenced in? I park in club lot E and people can freely walk into that lot. The only fences I see are to keep people walking into the major freeways, none between lots.

Right. It was the first year ( 2010 ) that they had the fences up. Then people bitched about it and they took them down in 2011.

In 2010 we parked by the arena and the entire lot was fenced in forcing you to walk only through the concrete large intestine. That was an orange lot, the yellow lots weren't fenced in. I've been parking in yellow since 2011 so I don't know if the orange lots are still fenced in or not.

Archived