I like Kiper's first 3 Jet Draft Picks

Steveg

Amaro has more of a pro body than I thought, which is something I think system guys often get knocked for. Another common knock for those guys is physicality, and he's earnest there with hit and miss moments. He's better than I thought, but I couldn't make the call on first round. He's probably the best TE prospect in the draft, very different from what I thought a couple months ago. He's right where I thought Jenkins was...which about answers the first round question, duh.

The New York Daily News reports Texas Tech TE Jace Amaro is on the Jets' "short list" at No. 18 overall.
Related: Jets Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter Apr 15 - 5:06 PM

Gross. Mehta is probably just throwing darts, but sweet lord I hope he's wrong.

I bet Amaro is code for Kelvin Benjamin.

Amaro OR Benjamin would be horrible 1st round picks. Specially because Benjamin will be available at #49 and Amaro has a decent chance of being there at #49.

We are gonna trade up for a guy that wont even start right away? Dbrick and Gia are our tackles.

Throw him at LG then, nothing different than what the Packers have been doing with their OL picks. Bulaga didn't really play LT until 2013 for them] (blew out his knee in camp THO).

Either way, I think he is the best OL in the draft. He's slipping in a similar manner to Coples, which I assume was built around boredom.

The New York Daily News reports Texas Tech TE Jace Amaro is on the Jets' "short list" at No. 18 overall.
Related: Jets Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter Apr 15 - 5:06 PM

Gross. Mehta is probably just throwing darts, but sweet lord I hope he's wrong.

Mehta is just throwing every name out there so that when the Jets do make their pick he can say "as reported in the Daily News..."

He's a piece of sh*t.  I don't hate too many people, but he's one of them.  I hope I never meet him.

his workout was only a little better than average. His production was incredible. But was it scheme. What sold me was quotes from other big 12 HCs raving about how they couldn't stop him even when schemed against.

Kind of the exact opposite actually. While I like that he seemed to be a competitive kid who participated in every drill, his measurables were pretty average.  He has fantastic production out of TTech system, but he just isn't a first round prospect: not the best inline blocker, struggles making catches in physical coverage and doesn't have the athleticism to do a lot more than what's given to him after the catch.  He could prove me wrong and start winning on more of those contested catches, but until he does, he won't be able to beat up on the linebackers and safeties in the NFL like he did in college. He could also be utilized in more 12 personnel with another prototype TE, but none of that really seems to fit us at the moment.

txs guys, I don't know half these players

I'm hoping: 

1st round - Beckham

2nd round - Niklas

--

Other options for the 1st could be Cooks, Ebron, Evans, Lee

Interestingly enough, I would like the Jets to trade up in the 2nd to get either RB Tre Mason, or SS Jimmy Ward -- the two best players ranked in their respective position.  

Check out Jimmy Ward's youtube, he had 5 different punt blocks alone, and a guy who could bring excellent depth and compete for the starting job.  

Mason would not be necessary if the Jets sign CJ2K, but reminds me a lot of LT coming out of TCU.  

Archived