Who's your Jets breakout player of 2014?

Villain The Foe

I don't think it's Geno, but that's because Vick probably beats him out in camp. The offense probably winds up still being abominable but my one guess is that the turnovers are lower. .500 is definitely a possibility as long as Rex can figure out how to keep the secondary from sucking taint.

.500 is a possiblity?  They were .500 this year even with the turnovers and Rex not being able to figure out how to keep the secondary from sucking taint.  Sure they were lucky, but they certainly can be better.  Especially if they hit on some of these draft picks.  I like the fact that jobs appear more open.  Under Tannenabaum you knew who would start.  Even the rookies (Hill, Sanchez, Keller)  Very few guys in the later years had to earn their jobs.  

i think Coples makes the pro bowl this year

Good choice.  I guess that is why a bunch of people are agreeing with you.  The guy has shown flashes and has tons of excuses.  Hopefully this year he can put it all together and take advantage of having those horses up front.  

.500 is a possiblity?  They were .500 this year even with the turnovers and Rex not being able to figure out how to keep the secondary from sucking taint.  Sure they were lucky, but they certainly can be better.  Especially if they hit on some of these draft picks.  I like the fact that jobs appear more open.  Under Tannenabaum you knew who would start.  Even the rookies (Hill, Sanchez, Keller)  Very few guys in the later years had to earn their jobs. 

What sort of verbiage would you have preferred?

What sort of verbiage would you have preferred?

Doesn't matter.  I just don't see .500 as a cap with this team. There are plenty of opportunities for them to flop, but they can do some damage too.  If the secondary performs then the D should be a pretty stout unit.  I have no idea wha the O will be like, but I highly doubt it will be worse. 

Doesn't matter.  I just don't see .500 as a cap with this team. There are plenty of opportunities for them to flop, but they can do some damage too.  If the secondary performs then the D should be a pretty stout unit.  I have no idea wha the O will be like, but I highly doubt it will be worse. 

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/possibility

And where on earth did I say .500 was a cap?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/possibility

And where on earth did I say .500 was a cap?

Haha.  You said the could be .500 if Rex figured out the secondary and they had less turnovers.  The secondary sucked last year and they were .500.  I get luck regression or whatever you numbers guys like to throw around, but still... 

It's not worth arguing about, but you basically said that it was a possiblity that they could have the same record as last year if they improve on offense and defense.  

Haha.  You said the could be .500 if Rex figured out the secondary and they had less turnovers.  The secondary sucked last year and they were .500.  I get luck regression or whatever you numbers guys like to throw around, but still... 

It's not worth arguing about, but you basically said that it was a possiblity that they could have the same record as last year if they improve on offense and defense.  

My suggestion to you is to actually read the post that someone is responding to before you decide to go passive aggro and reframe it in your own head.

If it's not Geno, the 2014 Jets are .500 or worse.

It has to be Geno. I also hope Milliner looks more like his last three games than the first 13. Wilkerson will be a beast and I hope Coples continues to improve.

Archived