Jets interested in Sidney Rice (per source)

Arsis

Not really.  The Seahawks signed these guys when they were good, not after being cut for pretty much being injury prone.

Not really. The Seahawks just signed this guy now, after being cut for pretty much being injury prone.

Even when Seattle first signed him Rice was already plenty injury-prone. Had that 1 outstanding season (1300 yds, 8 TDs) but that also represented his only season in four with over 400 receiving yards or 5 starts. And it's not because Minnesota was so stacked with great WRs that there weren't enough footballs to go around.

And they gave him a deal for 5 years $41M.

How great was Matt Flynn when Seattle signed him up?

LenDale White? (And traded a decent pick for him also, #104 overall, when Tennessee dumped him and couldn't believe their luck to get that pick). He didn't make it to freaking June!

Leon Washington for a 5th rounder, then gave him a $3M+/year contract to just return kickoffs.

Mike Williams 3 years $11M.

Robert Gallery 3 years $15M.

All great deals for super-studs who were staples of good health.

Also Marshawn Lynch was not good when they traded for him. He was injury prone and lost the starting job to Fred Jackson who was getting 0.7 ypc more than Lynch, who had previously peaked 2 years earlier with a whopping 4.1 ypc average. He looked nothing like the "beast mode" player he became in Seattle. It was surprising how few tackles the guy ever broke when he was in Buffalo, considering that's one of the things that's separated him from most other RBs since. At the time it looked like another typical Seattle trade for a veteran RB someone else was more than willing to part with.

When they signed Giacomini in 2010, they plucked him off Green Bay's practice squad after he was a failed 5th round draft pick of theirs 2 years prior. He was active for 1 game in 2008 and no games in 2009 or 2010. But sure, they signed him because he had first proven to be good elsewhere.

Is every post of yours just meant to dump on the Jets and praise anyone else in comparison, even if it requires making things up that everyone knows are so removed from the truth that it borders on the ridiculous?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Sidney Rice is going to change a teams draft board? We are talking about the same Sidney Rice that has 1800 yards in the last 4 seasons right? And of course he'll come cheap. Nobody else seems to want him...

Jets merely bring Rice in for a visit = Jets are fools, looking to sign someone else's worthless trash.

Like an hour later, Seattle re-signs Rice = shrewd move by a smart team that knows how to win.

Do I have this right?

Jets merely bring Rice in for a visit = Jets are fools, looking to sign someone else's worthless trash.

Like an hour later, Seattle re-signs Rice = shrewd move by a smart team that knows how to win.

Do I have this right?

I actually made that post before finding out he signed back with Seattle. I wouldn't call him worthless (unless he injures himself), but I would much rather draft a rookie and let him develop, or let Hill play another year than signing Rice to lead the IR list.

Now if South Florida could only get Seattle's weather and restaurants, I'd be happy as ****.

**Seattle's weather when it's not raining or overcast. When it's nice, it's as nice as pretty much anywhere, but that constant grey can really get to you after a while.

I lived there...great place to visit, horrible place to live.  There's a reason they lead the nation is suicides...its ******* miserable.

Florida is really the only viable state to live in since Cali is proper ****ed in every possible way.

I lived there...great place to visit, horrible place to live.  There's a reason they lead the nation is suicides...its ******* miserable.

Florida is really the only viable state to live in since Cali is proper ****ed in every possible way.

I was in the Keys during the Polar Vortex. We were trying to think of every excuse to just abandon our things and never go back home.

I love when people say that.

It's not even in the top 20 but two Florida cities are in the top ten and it's no where near the top in rain fall either. Florida cities are all over the top in rain fall.

And as far as people being miserable it's not even close in the top in that as well. It's one of the healthiest and friendliest cities I've ever lived. Miami and Long Island by far grumpier and unhealthy, most people are miserable pricks.

I actually made that post before finding out he signed back with Seattle. I wouldn't call him worthless (unless he injures himself), but I would much rather draft a rookie and let him develop, or let Hill play another year than signing Rice to lead the IR list.

I'm sure if we signed him then people here would be calling him worthless.  Not you.

But that was more the gist of my post.

Decker, Draft pick, Kerley, Rice, Nelson and Hill isn't a bad group at all. Far from bad actually if this was to happen.

Add 35 - 50 catches by Johnson  - it would no longer be our weakest link for sure.

I like Charleston quite a bit, but it is rather expensive. I've heard there's some decent spots on the water running up and down the east coast that I'd like to check out as well. Florida is definitely somewhere I have to keep in mind, but I don't want to live in a city that's dead half the year when all the vacationers go back home, so I have to look at that a bit more.

I love when people say that.

It's not even in the top 20 but two Florida cities are in the top ten and it's no where near the top in rain fall either. Florida cities are all over the top in rain fall.

And as far as people being miserable it's not even close in the top in that as well. It's one of the healthiest and friendliest cities I've ever lived. Miami and Long Island by far grumpier and unhealthy, most people are miserable pricks.

Not top rain fall per volume, but number of days it certainly is. It's top 5 in the country in number of cloudy days per year at 220+ days and only behind a few spots in Alaska and another city in Washington. Even though their accumulation isn't the highest, they're in the top 20 with 140 days of measurable rain.  It's a beautiful place and when it's nice, it's as nice as anywhere in the country, but saying that it isn't gloomy as f*ck is something that only people who love Seattle say.  I love the place, amazing skiing and outdoors life, but the persistent overcast and skyrocketing cost of living can be prohibitive to a lot of people.

Not top rain fall per volume, but number of days it certainly is. It's top 5 in the country in number of cloudy days per year at 220+ days and only behind a few spots in Alaska and another city in Washington. Even though their accumulation isn't the highest, they're in the top 20 with 140 days of measurable rain. It's a beautiful place and when it's nice, it's as nice as anywhere in the country, but saying that it isn't gloomy as f*ck is something that only people who love Seattle say. I love the place, amazing skiing and outdoors life, but the persistent overcast and skyrocketing cost of living can be prohibitive to a lot of people.

It is expensive even with the high pay scale. That's the only reason I didn't stay.

It is expensive even with the high pay scale. That's the only reason I didn't stay.

My buddy went to UW and lived out there for the better part of the last decade and I went out every chance that I got. He and his brother along with another friend had a place on Lake Washington that they rented, that place is absolutely beautiful. He was saying in the half-dozen years or so that he was there, rent around that area went up at least 50%. Definitely a really cool and outdoorsy city.

My buddy went to UW and lived out there for the better part of the last decade and I went out every chance that I got. He and his brother along with another friend had a place on Lake Washington that they rented, that place is absolutely beautiful. He was saying in the half-dozen years or so that he was there, rent around that area went up at least 50%. Definitely a really cool and outdoorsy city.

not to mention its legal to posses pot in Seattle :cool0044:

I like Charleston quite a bit, but it is rather expensive. I've heard there's some decent spots on the water running up and down the east coast that I'd like to check out as well. Florida is definitely somewhere I have to keep in mind, but I don't want to live in a city that's dead half the year when all the vacationers go back home, so I have to look at that a bit more.

Charleston is probably the coolest city in the south.  But at the end of the day, you're in South Carolina.  Cities in Florida are never dead.  You dont want tourists around.

Not top rain fall per volume, but number of days it certainly is. It's top 5 in the country in number of cloudy days per year at 220+ days and only behind a few spots in Alaska and another city in Washington. Even though their accumulation isn't the highest, they're in the top 20 with 140 days of measurable rain.  It's a beautiful place and when it's nice, it's as nice as anywhere in the country, but saying that it isn't gloomy as f*ck is something that only people who love Seattle say.  I love the place, amazing skiing and outdoors life, but the persistent overcast and skyrocketing cost of living can be prohibitive to a lot of people.

In Florida, it dumps for 10 minutes and then its beautiful the rest of the day...except for the rare days it just doesnt stop all day long.

Seattle sucks.  Except for July to early Sept, its gorgeous.  Sure it outdoorsy but the weather is never nice so its de-motivating.  Place is horrible, people are worse.  Great place to visit, only during the summer and thats it.

Charleston is expensive?  I have a chance to work there, but it is too far from NY for my tastes.  My pay would take a pretty big hit, but houses seemed dirt cheap when I was looking.

I was only down there for a weekend and zillo'd some of the places while I was at the bar, so I guess I was only speaking about downtown Charleston/condos to rent and the restaurants. I'm sure outside downtown it's quite affordable as I know some of the townhouses/houses near SC campus are very cheap.

I was only down there for a weekend and zillo'd some of the places while I was at the bar, so I guess I was only speaking about downtown Charleston/condos to rent and the restaurants. I'm sure outside downtown it's quite affordable as I know some of the townhouses/houses near SC campus are very cheap.

Didn't matter where I looked.  I've only really lived in NY, DC/Alexandria and MIlan, so I am not exactly used to inexpensive, but I could buy a castle on the water there for what my Dad's 16' wide row house in Brooklyn is worth.

Didn't matter where I looked.  I've only really lived in NY, DC/Alexandria and MIlan, so I am not exactly used to inexpensive, but I could buy a castle on the water there for what my Dad's 16' wide row house in Brooklyn is worth.

That's good to hear, I'm definitely going to have to look more up and down the coast. What I'm really looking for is a city on the coast. San Diego is probably my favorite city, but considering my entire family is in NY or Europe, it's a pain in the balls to get home from out there. I'm really just trying to compile a bunch of beach cities on the East and Jif really gives Florida the hard sell, I've gotta look down there a bit more. Plus, I would imagine the no state income tax is pretty nice.

Archived