So, what if the draft fell like this...

JetFanatic

Draft the best guy on your board. The run on offense probably makes it a DB, where we just so happen to suck anyway.

In that case then I would have to believe that CB is very high on their board, if not, maybe safety.  I would have to believe they go with Dennard which I wouldn't be mad about.  He would have to produce immediately though.  I wouldn't mind Pryor at that spot either if he was guaranteed to produce from year 1.  Impossible to tell though.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grab the Tackle/Guard from ND Martin, and run like a thief!

I always tend to hope for the pretty pick like a Beckham Jr or Brandin Cooks, but if it were to fall like this, which I guarantee it does,  I wouldn't mind taking Martin knowing we could plug him in immediately and have him make an impact from day one.

BPA.

In your scenario....it could be Dennard or Clinton-Dix whomever the JETS have rated higher.

I don't know much about Dennard at all.  I've only watched TONS of video of him in college.  If his skill-set translates to the NFL then I think with the addition of Johnson, Decker and whomever else we draft we would have close to a complete team

BPA at a skill position -- Lee.

To be honest I'm afraid of Lee.  His 2012 tape prior to his injury compared to his 2013 campaign to me is night and day which is sad.  He was incredible in 2012 with how he displayed the ability to get yards after the catch, but watching him after the injury he was sadly not the same player and it showed.  I just wouldn't take that chance with the 18th pick on a player who could crap out due to a major injury.  To me, he either goes way too early to a team like the Rams with two picks in the first round or he slips into the second round.

Lewan is 4 picks away. Can't we just trade up for that guy? 4 picks away!

If it were a choice between picking between the players available at that time in this scenario or maybe trading up to get a stud OT I would definitely choose to trade up especially if it's only 4 spots.  Not the pretty pick, but a move that I think would do wonders for the franchise.

To be honest I'm afraid of Lee. His 2012 tape prior to his injury compared to his 2013 campaign to me is night and day which is sad. He was incredible in 2012 with how he displayed the ability to get yards after the catch, but watching him after the injury he was sadly not the same player and it showed. I just wouldn't take that chance with the 18th pick on a player who could crap out due to a major injury. To me, he either goes way too early to a team like the Rams with two picks in the first round or he slips into the second round.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qWIL_futp44

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc_N4SYN-v8

Looked good in the vids up top. Also look what injuries did to Sammy Watkins in 2012? Had he came and an evaluator hadn't look pass the injury they would be missing out a a fine talent.

1. Houston Texans:  Jadeveon Clowney DE

2. St. Louis Rams:  Greg Robinson OT

3. Jacksonville Jaguars:  Blake Bortles QB

4. Cleveland Browns:  Johnny Manziel QB

5. Oakland Raiders:  Sammy Watkins WR

6. Atlanta Falcons:  Khalil Mack OLB

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  Mike Evans WR

8. Minnesota Vikings:  Teddy Bridgewater QB

9. Buffalo Bills:  Jake Matthews OT

10. Detroit Lions:  Justin Gilbert CB

11. Tennessee Titans:  Anthony Barr OLB

12. New York Giants:  Eric Ebron TE

13. St. Louis Rams:  Hasean Clinton-Dix S

14. Chicago Bears:  Taylor Lewan OT

15. Pittsburgh Steelers:  Odell Beckham Jr WR

16. Dallas Cowboys: Aaron Donald DT

17. Baltimore Ravens:  Brandin Cooks WR

I always seem to think the worse when it comes to Jets drafts and I'm thinking the worse again.  So lets say the draft goes down like this, what's the move here?  And to make it really interesting, let's say the Rams reeally like Marqise Lee and reach and grab him at 13.  Something crazy like that always happens. Then what do we do???

Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St. In the second round I would go for the WR from Vanderbilt who set SEC records. He's not a blazer, but he doesn't drop balls either. In the third round a LB - perhaps Michael Sam. Fourth round you go OL or DL for depth or a TE if a decent one is available.

Didnt read any further than the list.

In that case, if the Rams take Lee...I think you go Dennard or Martin.  I just dont like taking interior guards early.  I like Martin but feel you can find guards all over the board.  Even though I agree, he's a clean prospect.  He'll be a player in the NFL but does he really improve the team?  I dunno.  If Dennard is this instinctive man corner everyone claims he is, he's the pick and my prediction of a CB in the first from RD from Feb rings true.

The more I think about it the more I actually feel a little safer with the Dennard pick.  Milliner, despite his amazing end to the season, is still a question mark in my eyes.  And as of right now we have Patterson starting along side of him which scares me.  That means we have two question marks at CB which is an integral position in Rex's defense.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qWIL_futp44

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc_N4SYN-v8

Looked good in the vids up top. Also look what injuries did to Sammy Watkins in 2012? Had he came and an evaluator hadn't look pass the injury they would be missing out a a fine talent.

In that top video if you look at the cut he made at 1:12 he just doesn't do that anymore.  In 2012 that was such an effective move for him.  And in that game against Stanford his knee started acting up again which is enough for me to sadly have to pass up on him with the 18th pick.

Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan St. In the second round I would go for the WR from Vanderbilt who set SEC records. He's not a blazer, but he doesn't drop balls either. In the third round a LB - perhaps Michael Sam. Fourth round you go OL or DL for depth or a TE if a decent one is available.

I was always a fan of Jordan Matthews until I read that he had serious dropsies his last season and god only knows we don't need that.  I'd rather go Paul Richardson in the second

Idzik used almost half his picks last year on offensive linemen, and signed a starter at RT in free agency. I don't see him taking OL high this year. Not at all. He could take a couple on the draft's third day, though. Idzik seems to be on board with the idea of taking special players in the first round, not safe picks. He also highly regards value, which a guard in the first round is decidedly not. I don't think you'll see him go OL in the first round until he's looking to replace Brick.

If the draft fell like this, Dennard or Lee would most likely be the guy.

To be honest I'm afraid of Lee.  His 2012 tape prior to his injury compared to his 2013 campaign to me is night and day which is sad.  He was incredible in 2012 with how he displayed the ability to get yards after the catch, but watching him after the injury he was sadly not the same player and it showed.  I just wouldn't take that chance with the 18th pick on a player who could crap out due to a major injury.  To me, he either goes way too early to a team like the Rams with two picks in the first round or he slips into the second round.

Crap QB and dysfunctional offense.  He's going to be very good right off the bat in the NFL.  Pass on him and kick yourself later.

Idzik used almost half his picks last year on offensive linemen, and signed a starter at RT in free agency. I don't see him taking OL high this year. Not at all. He could take a couple on the draft's third day, though. Idzik seems to be on board with the idea of taking special players in the first round, not safe picks. He also highly regards value, which a guard in the first round is decidedly not. I don't think you'll see him go OL in the first round until he's looking to replace Brick.

With three picks in the fourth, the third day of the dray doesn't seem like a bad spot. Could hope someone like Dozier falls or that Cyril Richardson's performance at the Senior Bowl was just a flukey showing and he's more like the guy people liked throughout the season.

I would love Dennard and seeing how the offseason is shaping up and how our roster is filling out I can definitely see Dennard in the first round, one of the many available WR's that will still be available in the second round and maybe a TE or a Safety in the third.

I don't think you'll see him go OL in the first round until he's looking to replace Brick.

Jets fans need to get real with the replace Brick nonsense. This guy is gonna be around forever. He's halfway through his 15 year career. Lomas Brown style. TO replace this guy (for real) would take a top 10 pick. 

I was always a fan of Jordan Matthews until I read that he had serious dropsies his last season and god only knows we don't need that.  I'd rather go Paul Richardson in the second

I think if they went non-WR at 18, Paul Richardson would become my favorite 2nd-3rd round pick in the draft. 

Archived