Sign in to follow this  
BroadwayJets

Chris Johnson's a Jet

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.

2 years...that is what I thought it would be. Let's see how the money is structured (total and guaranteed amount).

LL

2 year in the NFL is one with a team option. This just means hes guaranteed a spot this year barring nothing being gauranteed.

Honestly I'm not going to say people are old at 28. I understand RB life is shorter, but this is only a 2 year deal. Probably the last 2 years he really will be viable. I really like this isn't a 3-4 year deal.

Johnson will be our feature back. Ivory will be used in short yardage situations and as the primary backup. Powell will get a few touches, not many. Goodson will be cut. They will draft a RB to compete for a roster spot.

This could happen. I was thinking that Ivory could be the starter, Johnson would see the field on 2nd and mid and obviously 3rd and long, 

hot_sign.jpgJets | Sign Chris Johnson

Wed, 16 Apr 2014 12:29:09 -0700

The New York Jets signed RB Chris Johnson (Titans) to a two-year deal Wednesday, April 16. Financial terms were not disclosed.

FANTASY TIP: It is fair to consider Johnson a fantasy football RB3 or flex option at this point. Chris Ivory is likely to be used in short-yardage and third-down situations and Bilal Powell could see time as the goal-line back. There is a lot going on in the back field and all three should be downgraded.

Comment | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter | Share: facebook.png 

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2z50quB5F

This could happen. I was thinking that Ivory could be the starter, Johnson would see the field on 2nd and mid and obviously 3rd and long, 

Could be. It will be interesting to see. I know he's older now but Johnson has been a feature back his entire career, including last year, so I think he will at least be a primary back here. Ivory was a primary back last year but not a feature back as Powell got a ton of touches and Ivory would sit for quarters at a time. Ivory is also more specialized, whereas Johnson is more versatile which is another reason why I believe CJ will be the primary back.