Now it falls on Rex

Pac

Sanchez is horrible, and I think Geno may be decent.

That said, comparing Sanchez last month to Geno last season is silly. Lets compare them 4 years out. 

Sanchez' last month was about as bad of a situation you could have as a QB, and that is coming from someone who hates Sanchez. But lets try to be at least a bit objective.

Marty compared to Sporano is like comparing a Ruth's Chris steak to the crap they mince up and put in dog food. The entire offense was God awful, the receivers literally did not know where they were supposed to go.

I think its time everyone moves on from Sanchez, the Jets have.

It's not silly because people were claiming that losing Sanchez before the season is somehow what doomed the season.  Sanchez's last month was no worse of a situation - as a 4th year pro - than Smith had in not only his first NFL season but also his first time really playing QB.  At one point Smith was down to literally zero of his starters I think.  Not that Geno rose to the occasion despite that, because he didn't, but it was more of a hardship than a 4th year pro who was still throwing to at least a couple of familiar faces at all times.

But I agree with your first statement as a generality. Basically, Sanchez is known garbage.  We are well rid of him.  Geno, ultimately, may be good and he may be garbage as well.  If he proves to be the latter (basically no improvement from '13 to '14) we'll be well rid of him as well.  

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You won't ever get past a superior offensive team in the playoffs without a real offense, but Wrecks has never given a  f__k about offense, he won't start doing so now.

Rex did get past superior offensive teams in the playoffs without a real offense.  In fact, he did it multiple times, on the road.  Besides, nobody is saying you dont need a real offense or QB.  Not Rex, not Idzik, nobody.  This is just your made up narrative.  You really think Rex wouldnt want a good offense and QB to compliment his defense? lulza

Gambling on Geno Smith could be the silliest prop bet in history. He's awful. His college numbers were inflated because teams keyed on Austin. He was a turnover machine in 2013. And the jets would not have signed Vick if they though he was worth a damn.

He played well down the stretch. Its what you want to see from a raw rookie. Signing broken down old man Vick on a one year deal doesnt mean you're abandoning Smith. He's going to be given every opportunity to win the job. I'm not gambling on anything but the Jets are clearly gambling on Smith to beat out Vick. Unless of course they draft a QB somewhat early. Then it would be obvious they lack faith in Geno. Dont know, its a gut thing, but I just dont see that happening for some reason. I think they like what they saw from Geno down the stretch.

I'm resigned to the idea that it will take a truly cataclysmic (<4 win) season for Woody to fire Rex. And I think because Rex will get the defense to show up more weeks than not, they'll always be around .500 under him. So, Rex4ever.

Yeah, this. Never good enough and never bad enough. And the worst part is that when you have a coach like that, there is always a good amount positive things to convince people that maybe, just maybe, some day it will be enough.

Yeah, this. Never good enough and never bad enough. And the worst part is that when you have a coach like that, there is always a good amount positive things to convince people that maybe, just maybe, some day it will be enough.

Probably with good reason.

Suggesting that he'll always be good enough defensively to get around a .500 record is pretty self defeating.

If he's good enough in the very worst scenario's (and he's been in those worst scenario's) to still be competitive then why the **** wouldn't you hold out some hope that he'd be good enough in the right situation. Being successful is as much about luck as it is anything else - The Colts picking the right year to be bad, the Bronco's benefiting from Manning's neck injury, the Saints benefiting from the Dolphins choosing Culpepper, the Seahawks lucking into Russell Wilson, after investing in Matt Flynn, when 74 people were drafted before him.

If Rex was put into any scenario where he had a legitimately good QB he would IMO be capable of competing for Superbowl's. He genuinely hasn't had anything but garbage in that position to this point and has STILL managed to be competitive. What other coach in the last 5 years has been as competitive with that level of play from the most important position in football? Name one...

It's not his fault that Tanny invested what he did in Sanchez, or that they couldn't get Peyton Manning, or that he wanted to play games with Tim Tebow. Ultimately, Ryan has been royally screwed in that position since Brett Favre decided to **** us over. 

Probably with good reason.

Suggesting that he'll always be good enough defensively to get around a .500 record is pretty self defeating.

If he's good enough in the very worst scenario's (and he's been in those worst scenario's) to still be competitive then why the **** wouldn't you hold out some hope that he'd be good enough in the right situation. Being successful is as much about luck as it is anything else - The Colts picking the right year to be bad, the Bronco's benefiting from Manning's neck injury, the Saints benefiting from the Dolphins choosing Culpepper, the Seahawks lucking into Russell Wilson, after investing in Matt Flynn, when 74 people were drafted before him.

If Rex was put into any scenario where he had a legitimately good QB he would IMO be capable of competing for Superbowl's. He genuinely hasn't had anything but garbage in that position to this point and has STILL managed to be competitive. What other coach in the last 5 years has been as competitive with that level of play from the most important position in football? Name one...

It's not his fault that Tanny invested what he did in Sanchez, or that they couldn't get Peyton Manning, or that he wanted to play games with Tim Tebow. Ultimately, Ryan has been royally screwed in that position since Brett Favre decided to **** us over. 

Ks7nu5a.gif

7t1eOga.gif

What strikes me as interesting, is that I keep reading abt how old, broken down Mike Vick is. Are u freaking STOOOPID, BLIND, OR BOTH!!!!! RIGHT NOW!!! Not in training camp, or even later in the season, but THIS SECOND, Vick is the FASTEST JET on the roster. He has the BIGGEST, STRONGEST, MOST ACCURATE arm, BETTER acumen than ANY QB on the roster. I LOVE Geno's upside. However, if Vick wins the job.. I personally CANT WAIT for opponents to try and slow down this offense. Its gonna cause their OC's NIGHTMARES!!!! Its about time that we have those kind of players on OUR TEAM!!!! So YOU just keep on with the BS analysis of Vick, dogfighting or not ( gimmee a F###ng break, moralists!!! He went to JAIL!!! ) and I'll be GLUED TO THE TUBE, watching us rack up points with what will be one of the most EXCITING offenses in the game THIS YEAR!!!! ...........GO JETS!!!!

What strikes me as interesting, is that I keep reading abt how old, broken down Mike Vick is. Are u freaking STOOOPID, BLIND, OR BOTH!!!!! RIGHT NOW!!! Not in training camp, or even later in the season, but THIS SECOND, Vick is the FASTEST JET on the roster. He has the BIGGEST, STRONGEST, MOST ACCURATE arm, BETTER acumen than ANY QB on the roster. I LOVE Geno's upside. However, if Vick wins the job.. I personally CANT WAIT for opponents to try and slow down this offense. Its gonna cause their OC's NIGHTMARES!!!! Its about time that we have those kind of players on OUR TEAM!!!! So YOU just keep on with the BS analysis of Vick, dogfighting or not ( gimmee a F###ng break, moralists!!! He went to JAIL!!! ) and I'll be GLUED TO THE TUBE, watching us rack up points with what will be one of the most EXCITING offenses in the game THIS YEAR!!!! ...........GO JETS!!!!

Michael Vick is a career 56% passer who turned the ball over more than 20 times in two of the last three seasons, in just 13 and 10 games, respectively (he dropped below 20 turnovers in last year's 7 game campaign). The hype level -based on being selected #1 overall a very long time ago, and one magic season four years ago- is well beyond his actual abilities. I'm hoping he's nothing more than a $5M insurance policy based on that, not the fact that he's a herpes-spreading, dog killing scumbag.

Forgetting everything else you say, he would not even be the fastest Jet if he were as fast as he were coming out.  Only a few guys have run sub-4.3 40s at the combine.  Vick is not one of them and two of them are on the Jets now, Johnson and Jacoby Ford.  Vick supposedily ran some wacky fast pro day time, but the Jets signed 3 guys that ran in the 4.2s - Saalim Hakim, Jeremy Reeves and Nick Taylor.  Gates ran a faster 40 at the combine and is considerably younger.  Vick beat Lesean McCoy in a 40 yard race last year.  That doesn't mean he would be in the top 10 on the Jets, at least not until some of these speed freaks that can't play get cut.

When did the Jets sign Brandon Hardin? Guy was a 3rd round pick of the Bears in 2012.  He was a 220 lb banger at corner that missed his senior season.  Played S at the Shrine game and had beastly workout at Oregon State's pro day. Main problem is the guy is ALWAYS hurt.  Was waived off the injured list without ever playing a down which means he has not played in 3 years.  I'd like to know what Bit or anybody that saw the 2012 Shrine game thought of him.  

• 3 weeks later...

Awwww, he's not a choirboy.  Sorry he hurt your  pooowah wittle feewins!!!!   Well, too bad for you.  I , however, who am not quite as fragile, want to celebrate winning the Superbowl THIS YEAR!!!!!.  Use all the stats u like...here's one for u.  Your BOY Peyton Manning broke just about every passing record in HISTORY , right?   How many Superbowl rings ?  oh, that would be 1.    Don't beat my ear up with  manipulated, self-serving, unimportant. stats!!!      Peyton has 1 more ring than Vick,  (so does Dilfer ), for that matter!!!   and say what u want, when Vick plays, U too will be GLUED TO THE SCREEN!!!    Give me a break!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     ............  Go Jets!!!  :box: 

Archived