Zack Martin should be a Jet!

It's not nonsense, you avoid guards in the first round. They go early in weak drafts, but this isn't a weak draft. The Jets have serious needs at high value positions like WR and CB, and it looks like there will be prospects who fit those needs available at #18. They'll go for the value.

It's not nonsense, you avoid guards in the first round. They go early in weak drafts, but this isn't a weak draft. The Jets have serious needs at high value positions like WR and CB, and it looks like there will be prospects who fit those needs available at #18. They'll go for the value.

He can play tackle too. His versatility is what makes him valuable. If we're staring at a choice between him and the 5th best WR and 4th best corner, he's probably BPA. And he's an instant starter.

He can play tackle too. His versatility is what makes him valuable. If we're staring at a choice between him and the 5th best WR and 4th best corner, he's probably BPA. And he's an instant starter.

Beckham, Cooks, or Dennard would all be a better value and fill a huge need. One -if not all- of them will be there at #18.

Beckham, Cooks, or Dennard would all be a better value and fill a huge need. One -if not all- of them will be there at #18.

The thing with Martin is nobody really knows what position he's going to play in the NFL. In theory he comes in and creates competition for both guard spots right away and eventually replaces one of the tackles, but in reality he's nothing special at one of those positions and a total projection at the rest of them. I can see the worst case scenario coming down to Martin but that's basically what it would be.

BPA - how do you decide BPA between a WR / OL/ ILB/ CB? Theoretically need is not suppose to be an issue. Do you pick a WR as BPA when the draft is deep on WRs? BPA doesn't mean best athlete available. I really feel the Jets go LBer or Martin - Martin would solidify that unit for years.

Jet fans at Draft Central will explode.

Who cares - that's what ESPN wants anyway. It's time to build a team foundation and if there is a solid "can't miss" LBer / OL present - you go for it. If a LBer or Martin is present I will be surprised if the Jets go WR.

I remember the loud boos when Sanchez was drafted, after we traded up

to 6 to get him, kinda felt sorry for him at that point.

Actually the reaction to Sheldon Richardson , the DROY, last year was worst.  

Jets fans will boo their brother if he's selected.  

Actually the reaction to Sheldon Richardson , the DROY, last year was worst.  

Jets fans will boo their brother if he's selected.  

yeah I am guilty of hating that pick.  but booing the kid live is low

Why is it every draft we are never in the right position for the right pick.

This should be a BPA pick. As much as i hate to draft a guard in the first round if he is the BPA we should draft him.

Not sure if its possible that a guard could be BPA at 18

this is a draft that really is all about the wr, one may fall to us, we can't leave

a wr on the board for Brady, we just can't, and Idz is an offensive guy, he wants the

burner because he was a ball boy when the Jets had a guy named Wesley Walker, who by the

way was drafted in '77. I saw Walker and he was the same player from game 1. Took zero

time to develop, and was always world class,, we need a guy like this and might get him,

if a TE is their, we might bite, if a world class lb is there and no TE or WR, you get him.

I wouldn't draft a first round OLman for his versatility. I like Martin, but if they go OL it should be Lewan. Maybe if they see a young Damien Woody in Martin, possible I guess. I don't think he's better than Jonathan Cooper as a G prospect on draft day.

Archived