Did any of you NJ/NY guys ever go to 'Action Park'?

JerryK

Sure did and this ride was awesome, but very dangerous. I've always heard about people getting hurt but never happened the times I went. Loved Action Park.

alpineslide07.jpg

Never happened the times you went?  I don't think I was ever there without seeing somebody getting bandaged up on the side of that thing.  At least not on a weekend.  You had to hold the front of the cart up so that the brake things didn't touch and it was faster.

Never happened the times you went?  I don't think I was ever there without seeing somebody getting bandaged up on the side of that thing.  You had to hold the front of the cart up so that the brake things didn't touch and it was faster.

Never, I did skin my knee one year though. Awesome ride, but dangerous no doubt. I'm not calling BS on the accidents, just never witnessed any. I remember the public was pretty much on their own, never really seen the staff walking around. 

Never happened the times you went? I don't think I was ever there without seeing somebody getting bandaged up on the side of that thing. At least not on a weekend. You had to hold the front of the cart up so that the brake things didn't touch and it was faster.

You could replicate that ride with a shopping Cart on the top of a hill. There you go I just saved you the price of admission.

Never, I did skin my knee one year though. Awesome ride, but dangerous no doubt. I'm not calling BS on the accidents, just never witnessed any. I remember the public was pretty much on their own, never really seen the staff walking around.

I'm surprised they didn't offer a ride where a bmx bike jumped off a ramp made of plywood and a few stacked bricks.

That tiny little alpine slide is scary? :rl:

I went down the largest alpine slide in the northeast in New Hampshire. It felt like I was going around 80mph down that mountain. Needed to go on a ski lift to get to the top and there was a bar on the bottom. Id have a few beers and wait for the line to calm down and then go again. That was fun as hell. In the white mountains of New Hampshire.

That tiny little alpine slide is scary? :rl:

I went down the largest alpine slide in the northeast in New Hampshire. It felt like I was going around 80mph down that mountain. Needed to go on a ski lift to get to the top and there was a bar on the bottom. Id have a few beers and wait for the line to calm down and then go again. That was fun as hell. In the white mountains of New Hampshire.

As soon as I saw you posted in this thread I thought to myself BP is definitely in Action Park's wheelhouse

Surprised no one linked the wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Park

That's a great read. The nickname for the wave pool that CTM nearly drowned in was the Grave Pool. Lol.

Park officials said this made the injury and death rate statistically insignificant. Nevertheless, the director of the emergency room at a nearby hospital said they treated from five to ten victims of park accidents on some of the busiest days, and the park eventually bought the township of Vernon extra ambulances to keep up with the volume.[2]

wow

As soon as I saw you posted in this thread I thought to myself BP is definitely in Action Park's wheelhouse

FYI You would probably be too fat to go on that slide :)  Stay on the couch and post here ;)

And I never went there. only saw the commercials on tv in the summer.

FYI You would probably be too fat to go on that slide :) Stay on the couch and post here ;)

And I never went there. only saw the commercials on tv in the summer.

I can easily picture a 14 year old BP, already balding and sporting a 5 o'clock shadow... lit 10 cent stogie clenched between his yellow teeth, slinging back cans of piels and sweating profusely .... riding the chair lift up the mountain expectorating on and chucking empties at the alpine slide riders flying by beneath him ..

Surprised no one linked the wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Park

That's a great read. The nickname for the wave pool that CTM nearly drowned in was the Grave Pool. Lol.

Great description. I was a good swimmer as I always had a pool in my backyard and lived 10 -15 minutes from ocean..., next thing I knew I could no longer touch bottom and I was being hit with a barrage of waves and having a surprisingly difficult time keeping head above water..

I still remember the feeling that came over me when I realized I was in real trouble .. I made it to the side and coughed out a bunch of water I had swallowed.. Don't remember a life gaurd at all

• 2 weeks later...

I remember that place well. I heard all the rumors about how dangerous it was in my very first ride I was in the ski lift going up over the flume ride. I remember thinking about how dangerous it look next to you know some stupid bitch came off the turn, her cart came out from under her and she was screaming bloddy murder as she slid about 100 ft to a stop. The concrete got her back all bloody and she was nearly creamed by the next guy. Then, i burned the heck out of my feet coming down the matt slide. Then, i smashed my jaw on apiece of tree on the rope swing. What a friggin pos that place was

I remember that place well. I heard all the rumors about how dangerous it was in my very first ride I was in the ski lift going up over the flume ride. I remember thinking about how dangerous it look next to you know some stupid bitch came off the turn, her cart came out from under her and she was screaming bloddy murder as she slid about 100 ft to a stop. The concrete got her back all bloody and she was nearly creamed by the next guy. Then, i burned the heck out of my feet coming down the matt slide. Then, i smashed my jaw on apiece of tree on the rope swing. What a friggin pos that place was

But SOOOOOOO much fun. Right?

Archived